Necrolyte

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hello,

I'm complete new in the World of RPG Maker. I played a little bit with it and it's fantastic.

I created some dungeons but a dungeon without a light is not a dungeon.

So i would create a torch on the wall. Can anyone here explain how can i do this?

I have seen there are Torchlights in the event pictures as a Tileset called !Flames but it's static so how can i create an animated torch.

Thanks for all your answers.

Baka-chan

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hello,

I'm complete new in the World of RPG Maker. I played a little bit with it and it's fantastic.

I created some dungeons but a dungeon without a light is not a dungeon.

So i would create a torch on the wall. Can anyone here explain how can i do this?

I have seen there are Torchlights in the event pictures as a Tileset called !Flames but it's static so how can i create an animated torch.

Thanks for all your answers.
Choose the torch image for an event, change the settings of the event to stepping animation and direction fix. Now it will use the 3 frame animation.

To get a light effect you would need an additional plugin.

Necrolyte

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Choose the torch image for an event, change the settings of the event to stepping animation and direction fix. Now it will use the 3 frame animation.

To get a light effect you would need an additional plugin.
Thank you very much Baka-chan for your help it works. 

You talk about an additional plugin is there an light plugin for the MV? I have search on youtube and in the forum search but i found light script just for ACE.

Baka-chan

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Thank you very much Baka-chan for your help it works. 

You talk about an additional plugin is there an light plugin for the MV? I have search on youtube and in the forum search but i found light script just for ACE.
I think no one has published one yet. You can go the plugin request and ask for such a plugin there. Maybe someone is going to create one ;)

pinatacookies

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Any ideas on what I would need to do if I used the simple tint screen function to make my screen dark, but keep my character visible? Thanks.

HitYourGrandma

Ruler of all Evil and Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!
hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
MOD NOTE: See second response before replying to this. - Wavelength
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CiderV