Creating an ennemy battler possible, or stick with limited options?

Leopold

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,

I would love to be able to create an ennemy from scratch and battle against it. I don't understand why all of the available ennemies are just big pictures and that it seems impossible to use a created battler, that seems rather limiting. Also, if it not possible, any way to add a picture created on Photoshop or Gimp (with no background) in .png format and export it to the ennemy folder? Did not seem to work. Please help me, I don't want to create a game with Orcs that look like pigs and Gods with thousands of hands... :)

Thank you!

Mystic_Enigma

Seal the Deal!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, that's actually pretty easy! you can go to your project's file and open the "img" folder, there you'll have several folders. The one you want is the "enemies" Folder, or "sv_enemies" if you're using Sideview. Those folders contain all the battlers in the project's database. You can just move any custom battlers into the corresponding folder, then you're good to go!

Oh, and all the battler's images are on transparent backgrounds, so keep note of that when creating them.

Leopold

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the quick reply, my mistake was to put my images in ''ennemy'' (but not the sv one) thanks for that. So it works with .psp files that I export in .png, But when I put the battlers generated by the character generator, it doesn't recognize all individual battlers as different states of the same battler. It just puts all the states in one picture. Which looks like this:Capture d’écran (1).png

Mystic_Enigma

Seal the Deal!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh dear...Did you put a Spritesheet into the Enemies folder by accident? That belongs in the "sv_actors" folder, not the "enemies" folder...I was thinking you were using a separate battler image, not those from the generator!

Unfortunately, the system doesn't handle the spritesheets alone on the enemy side, you'll need a plugin for that! A highly recommended one is Yanfly's Animated Sideview Enemies, which is just the Plugin for the job. Do note that for it to work you need their Core Engine, as well as the Battle Engine Core along with it.

Once you have those installed, if you want to use the Character generated sprites, you have to use the Enemy Notetag "<Sideview Battler: file>", with "file" being the name of the character you're trying to use.

Last edited:

Leopold

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh dear indeed! No it is not by accident, it is just to show you what i meant. You confirmed what I meant when you wrote : ''Unfortunately, the system doesn't handle the spritesheets alone on the enemy side''. For me, that is incredible that you can't do that in such an advanced and costly version of this app. Anyways, you seem to have a solution and that is nice, it seems rather complexe though, I will try to install all of those and keep you posted. You have been very helpful so far, thank you very much!

Mystic_Enigma

Seal the Deal!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sure thing! If you have any questions or have things that need clearing up, i'm sure someone can help out better than I could!

Leopold

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have installed the plugins, put them in the appropriate folders and watched the tutorial videos. Interstingly, the creator explained how to animated everything but doesn't explain what I really want to know. How do I get from creating an actor with the spritesheet and then use only one of these image as the ennemy...

Mystic_Enigma

Seal the Deal!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For that plugin you also have to use Notetags. You know the small white box in the lower left corner of most of the database windows? Go to your "Enemies" Tab and type in the appropriate notetag to use that Spritesheet. Here's one I have already there for an Example:

Remember that the Plugin takes what's in the "sv_actors" folder in the case of sprites, so what you want to use goes there. Also take note of the exact file name of said item and type it exactly so, excluding its file type!

The manual on how to use the notetags can be found on the download page if you scroll down. It's also included in the Help box in the Plugin's settings.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mihe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure if this answers your question, but first thing is first:

- You need a plugin to make this possible. I suggest you use Yanfly Animated Sideview Enemies plugin.
- Create your enemy battler in the Character Generator within the RPG Maker MV software or if you have a pre-made battler you can use that if you want.
- Follow the Yanfly plugin directions. It's in the help section

Leopold

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
AND IT WORKS!!! Thanks a thousand times, you have made my month! I was starting to contemplate the idea of drawing all of the ennemies that I wanted for my game which would have taken a while. You have been very very helpful. Have a great day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")
Stream will be live shortly with some more Minecraft spriting! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stunner345