Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
HI all

So here is my problem...

I have created an icon set and it works, however, it has a white background and not the checkerd blue and black background. Every icon I use now has a white square behind the picture instead of nothing.

I am using Graphics gale as the program.

P.S.

Don't laugh at me if its a simple thing to fix :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
two ways to solve this problem:

Open the picture in a program that supports transparency, delete the white background and save it in a format that supports transparency (like png)

Or open the picture in a program that doesn't support transparency, save it in a format without transparency options and use the resource manager to set the transparency when importing.

The problem is if you use a format that supports transparency (like png), but don't set the transparency map correctly, then the resource manager assumes that you do not want transparency and skips the transparency options when importing.

The disadvantage of forcing the resource manager to create the transparency setting by using a file format without transparency is that the resulting picture takes a lot more space, making a later program download bigger.

That's why you should usually use the graphic programs transparency options - but if that is not possible and if it's for a single icon set, you can use the other way as a workaround.

Xanthippe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks guys. It turns out I wasn't changing the Translucent colour from black to white during the importing step.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

May I make a suggestion for what language we should use for plugins?

IMG_1177.JPG
Have you opened all the advent calendar's yet? Don't forget to leave @Starbird_Resources and @WaywardMartian some love!
1638376821276.png
LOOK AT EM GOOOOOOOOOO!
Sorry for the spam with this, I'm just real happy with how this has gone :D
Custom sleep sequence done! :kaopride:
fuY8hyg.gif
The other day I posted a merchant airship tileset and said it was overflow from my Advent Calendar. @Avery said something like "that's one way to flex!" Well, this morning I woke up and realized THAT I MISCOUNTED AND AM SHORT BY ONE DAY. My face and palm are now perfectly fused together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilica0506