Creating an idling/incremental game

skipsandwich

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi guys,

Cringeworthy question.  Feel free to ignore as it may be against everything you stand for if you believe in making quality, interactive, epic games.

With mobile export coming, what do you think are the possibilities of making an idling, clicking, incremental game like Cookie Clicker with MV?  They go through waves of popularity it seems.

I don't think you can make a game that runs in the background of your phone running.  But I'm sure you could make a game where you

1.  tap for points

2.  buy upgrades to make your taps with more

3.  buy upgrades that auto-tap for you

Maybe you'd do it as a mini-game of your larger game.

Sincerest apologies,

Me

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi guys,

Cringeworthy question.  Feel free to ignore as it may be against everything you stand for if you believe in making quality, interactive, epic games.

With mobile export coming, what do you think are the possibilities of making an idling, clicking, incremental game like Cookie Clicker with MV?  They go through waves of popularity it seems.

I don't think you can make a game that runs in the background of your phone running.  But I'm sure you could make a game where you

1.  tap for points

2.  buy upgrades to make your taps with more

3.  buy upgrades that auto-tap for you

Maybe you'd do it as a mini-game of your larger game.

Sincerest apologies,

Me
that should be easy to do all you would need is a set of events and maybe a couple events to do the tap to win, you would probably need to hook up to a back end server of some kind though if you plan to track the users progress over a series of days/months/years ... 

Nimbus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That sounds pretty easy to do actually. Since the mobile version will let us tap on events to interact with them, you'd pretty much just make an event that increases a variable by x each time you interact with it. The more upgrades you have, the higher that x is. And for the auto-tap upgrade, you could make that variable increase incrementially based on time passed (tons of scripts and tutorials out there that deal with time-based events).

skipsandwich

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Will there be ways to make flashing and obnoxious numbers fly everywhere at all times? Gotta have that constant dopamine rush.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Bluh... glad this present heatwave is coming to a close...
Look what I found, it was my first ABS.

This project was never completed because I had lost the computer where it was stored.
Character Creator for RPGM 2000, VX, XP, & LPC Style Sprites | RPG Maker News #72

Is there any way to get more than 8 enemies in a troop in RMMV or is that limit pretty much hardcoded into the engine?
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yorshka