neshas

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all,

I recently started using RPG Maker MV and I am working on my first game. Watched some youtube tutorials on it, but I am struggling to find the best way to do the opening animation how I imagined it. Here is how it should look like:

It starts with a black screen, opening text, and background sound starts to play(rain). Once that is completed, the animation should continue on the next map that fades in slowly, where an NPC appears walking from outside of the screen, when another NPC approaches from the other side, again from outside of the screen. They meet and start talking. During the entire time, the rain sound from the first event should continue to play without interruptions until they finish their conversation and each walks in its own direction.

Additionally, I would like for the map to look a bit dim, like it is night time, since I have the storm weather animation included.

At the moment, I created one event with the blank screen where the text displays, and at the end transferred the player to another map and started a new event for the first NPC player. The FadeIn effect lasts for barely a second, and I cannot find a way to slow it down. Also, for some reason, there is a huge delay before the event NPC starts to walk, even though there is no Wait action on any of the events. And, the rain sound from the first event is still playing, which tells me that the first event is still running.

I am wondering what is the correct approach towards this? I hope this does not sound too confusing.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The correct approach is to put all of this in one event. That way you can more control over when things happen. Most use a blank event in the upper left hand corner of the map to control their cutscene.

If you wish to control the fade in speed you'd need to use tint screen instead. That will be tricky though as if you want to start faded out you need a fade in as well. What might work is this:

Tint screen (-255, -255, -255, 255) (all black), 1 frame.
Fade in (so the screen will follow the tint now)
Tint screen (your desired setting) (desired time in frames).

neshas

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you wish to control the fade in speed you'd need to use tint screen instead. That will be tricky though as if you want to start faded out you need a fade in as well. What might work is this:

Tint screen (-255, -255, -255, 255) (all black), 1 frame.
Fade in (so the screen will follow the tint now)
Tint screen (your desired setting) (desired time in frames).
Hey, that worked as a charm, thanks!

The correct approach is to put all of this in one event. That way you can more control over when things happen. Most use a blank event in the upper left hand corner of the map to control their cutscene.
So, I can create just one event on a blank map and control actions and set moving routs of other events on other maps? I kinda made it so each map has the continuation of the previous event, but if I can join everything together, that is even better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finding it amusing that people are posting support questions in new threads for an engine that isn't even released yet. Touch and Archeia are the only ones authorised to say anything, and there's only one active thread where they'll be answering questions.
I think my goal for MZ ... is to actually release a game and not have twenty technical demos and debugging projects. Let's see if I can manage that. ;o
I am starting to enjoy writing. I never thought I would enjoy it since my dyslexia was holding me back so much.
Thanks to the community here :)
For those interested chapter 2 and 3 are available to read here:
I'm having a fun time working with the MZ RTP. The waterfall hasn't changed, though, so I'm wondering if they didn't make a new one or if they forgot to put it in...

good progress on the typescript Definitions files almost done all the Manager and yet I still have to do the Battle Manager...who is seriously so much data lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enciasduras