Creating Character shop

tsurugikage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I'm trying to make a shop in my game where the player can spend money to buy additional characters for their party. I have no idea how to implement it however.

The characters are pre-made.

I am using RPG Maker MV

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]MV Support[/move]

either use a plugin for a common event shop, or use show choices to ask the player what actor he wants to hire

tsurugikage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]MV Support[/move]

either use a plugin for a common event shop, or use show choices to ask the player what actor he wants to hire
Do you happen to have any recommendations on plugins?

tsurugikage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly have one!
I kinda don't know how to use it.
I had the idea of making it one item but I have nothing to stop the user from buying more than one of the item.

Edit: I found a work around. I decided to set up the character shop like the "pick a Pokemon" segments from the Pokemon series.

Last edited:

Raths Rants

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A simple way would be to have your merchant sell an item for each additional character. Build a simple event that adds the character in question to the party. Or just build an even that is called by the merchant that allows the player to add additional characters to the party.

You might consider an option to dismiss additional characters.

tsurugikage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A simple way would be to have your merchant sell an item for each additional character. Build a simple event that adds the character in question to the party. Or just build an even that is called by the merchant that allows the player to add additional characters to the party.

You might consider an option to dismiss additional characters.

It's quite alright. I have a much better Idea for now.
I have decided to make the shop be a normal shop, but they would have "Contracts" Displayed for other people to buy.
This eliminates the need to open a shop menu, and will allow me to enter a little story event introducing them, and also turning on a switch to let the game add them into cutscenese.

SatansAngel

THE RPG Maker 2003 World Champion (retired)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a Yanfly plugin for different currencies, if that helps any. You might want to use "special points" to buy characters like in my commercial game I'm making.

Special points, like in FFVII's gold saucer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In today's seminar:
Presenter: In the past, there was a saying, "One who has tuberculosis is doomed for life." But now-
Everyone: *starts coughing in unision*
Gosh... Today seems too much like a good day to do nothing....

I need to keep myself focused...! :kaoback:
javascript'ing essentials.

So, what can I do solve this problem, guys? The plugin is MOG_Weather and I have several Yanfly plugins too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xav1t0