Zaeran

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do you guys create text for a custom menu that will have a transparent background and NO blurred or anti-aliased parts to it, so as to appear clear from the background but also legible. Software or methods welcome. FYI I am currently using Inkscape a vector art program. (No bits of white or white gray around the border)

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm intrigued by text blur and using Inkscape vector to do text.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are describing about the blur?
Screen%20Shot%202017-04-09%20at%201.40.53%20PM.png

Heh. And here I am busting my hump to make a pixel perf text plugin in MV and I got this old thing for $7 with XP and I haven't even used it yet.

Zaeran

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
l8s2s.jpg

These are images exported directly from Inkscape but in the program the path appears clean. Typically this is copied directly from a word processing programming which makes it easier to do mass amounts of text (which I will need to do this project)

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh. If you mean for images...

I don't know what anti-aliasing/interpolation settings Inkscape has, but you may need to turn it to 0. I use Freehand MX. I tried to use Inkscape and I think I grew a stress tumor in my brain.

You might need to export at a higher DPI too. That looks about 72. You may need to go 300. Though this will make the image bigger.

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't recommend Freehand MX. For one it's deprecated and I need to run it with virtualization. For two, Adobe is still sitting on it and selling it for the original 2004 price of $300.

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use InkScape, then The Gimp 2.

You import the image you created in the InkScape in The Gimp 2 to do the final editings.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Noriko_Human.png
Worked on some face-sets. Need to finish up the lot and cut some out of the game. She's looking pretty cute.
Even though I'm not going for the first time in...ten years or something...ordered my Gen Con dice!
Will be focusing on map making today and adding locked chests :LZSsmile:Screenshot 2021-09-16 095316.png
It's hard to stay consistent for at least a week
new enemies for the game I'm working on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bielg9