Tutorial-Blog Creating Your Own Roof Variations

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
amazing tutorial! I never used graphics gale, only gimp, so that's the only part that I feel like I will need to dl and learn in order to make use of this. But this opens up many doors for doing tile edits that were previously closed for me - thank you Avery! You can see even from that screenshot, this style of roofs just looks SO much better.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
What I love about graphicsgale is, is how slim it is. It does just what you need for pixel art, and besides scaling where you have to tick off the "smooth" box, everything is done without any blurring.
You can do similar in Gimp actually:
1633087969458.png
(German Gimp on that Computer, but I guess you can get the right things by looking at the symbols and stuff).
Important here is that you have the Y to -144 (the height of the piece you want to alter) and that you set the Interpolation to None.
The Y Value is the original height of your inserted roof, and it alters if you want another angle.
Personally, I prefer the way Graphicsgale handles it, cause there the inserted value does not depend on the size of the inserted picture, but on the resulting angle :) That is why that is my program of choice for that task. If I want to do another angle in Gimp, I need to calculate the value to get it right, in Graphicsgale that is more straightforward.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)
2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.
"Another hundred habaneros... a teaspoon of tumeric... and a heaping helping of nitroglycerin!" The kitten in a chef's hat laughed maniacally as the pot he was stirring promptly exploded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaxecV