Credit problems

Mato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am working on my credit page for my game and I have everything I use online done.

But i don, t know how to credit dlc I buy I looked at it and it seems like 4 it 5 people we're apart of making it who do I need to credit.

And also I don't know where to put it.

Is it ok for it to be I. The end credits of my game even know it is in The demo phase so far.

I tried using yanflys credit plugin. But there is to much text for it and it ended up looking like a mess

I am very confused I. How to do this part. I apologize
If I am doing this wrong I just need help

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If 4 or 5 people made it, then you need to credit 4 or 5 people.

If you're not sure, tell us which packs (provide a link to them) and we'll take a look. Usually there's a readme file that says how you're meant to give credit for DLC.

You should post your "how do I" questions in the MV Support forum.

Mato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ok thank you I'm sorry I just really have no idea. How to.

I'm one last thing how do I have to give credit. Is there a way I have to do because I am not sure where to put the credits in my ending in the beginning I am not sure

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It doesn't matter a whole lot when you put the credits in. It can be at the beginning. I'd venture to guess most would put it at the end. You could link to a page for it in the menu if you wanted. It's just important to do it. As Shaz says, if you're not sure who to credit, tell us or link the packs and we can help figure it out.

If you are using resources that you found here or elsewhere on the internet and did not buy, you still need to credit. Keep a running list of whose resources you've used.

edit: Also moving this to General Discussion as it's a bit broader of a discussion that a particular resource pack.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The easiest solution would just include a text file to include all your credit. No need for a plugin, no need to event it. Probably except when you want to embed your game on the web or when you want to look professional.

Mato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
thank you i am very grateful for the help I have everyone who is online. whos stuff i used already in a word file organized and i look around and found the DLC files where i was told to look and for the most part I know who to credit,

but i still don't know who to credit for the BaseResource folder I could not find it in the steam store it's just in my DLC folder with no info to give credit

its the same for
RPG Maker MV - SAKAN

do I only need to give credit to the

DEVELOPER:
KADOKAWA
PUBLISHER:
Degica

because I am not sure with no info in the folder and I have basically used every piece of the RPG Maker MV - SAKAN.

than you very much for the help and sorry i was freaking out a bit

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, the Base Resources are just things that came default with MV. And Sakan is also by Kadokawa/Degica so that is all you need to credit for those. And just for the record, you only need to credit them once. You don't have to list them repeatedly for each thing.

Mato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Wait so I just news to put their names in it not making a huge list oh who did what in that order?

Like for example I don't need to list all of. Yanflys plugins I use I just need to mention yanfly in my credit page or the ending

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Yes. If I use 10 plugins from Yanfly and 5 plugins from Moghunter, the only thing I write is:
Plugins by
Yanfly
Moghunter

Last edited:

Mato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you all I love you X3. All so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"
That moment when you realize you lost time frankenstiening a sprite together, only to realize it already exited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HamadAhli