starcrescendo

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

*crescendo Youtube Channel: Click here

Hi, I'm Chris, “Starcrescendo” (or “Star” for short), and I started a YouTube channel doing Let's Play videos of RPGM games. I’m opening this topic to showcase the videos I've done, to get feedback on how to improve, and also to get suggestions of new games to play. Please come watch some videos and discover great games with me.

About The Channel

I started out making videos for the "Let's Play Games" Community Event. I tend to do avoid traditional reviews for a more twitter-esque stream of comments as I progress, and I felt a video format best suited this. I will always showcase RPG Maker games, as I feel they get an undeserved bad rap in the gaming community. I would like to also have other Let’s Play series running on the channel at some point, and someday, I would like to have other content on the channel as well. I don't really have any friends to do skits or anything with, although I have a lot of ideas for funny sketches, but I'd like to do other types of content besides than Let's Play videos too. 

The name of the channel is *Crescendo which stands for “everything crescendos”. I started using this username for a very personal reason, but it has a lot to do with the ideal that there is beauty within everything in this world and everybody has the ability to leave an impact.

In doing these videos, I found a TON of game threads in the projects sections that had no posts at all! I would hate for that to happen once I finally posted my game. I can only imagine how disheartening it would be to get no feedback and think everyone hated your game. That just plain sucks. I don't know how else to say it. So my goal was to try to get to as many 0 comment threads as I could. I think I could only do 5 or so, as I'm new to this and it takes forever for me to edit the videos after I do them.

I bought a fairly cheap microphone, and I don't have a web camera to put my face in the corner. I'm doing this as a hobby, but learning a lot as I go. My inspiration comes from a few Let's Plays I've been a dedicated fan of for a while such as JackSepticEye, TheRadBrad, and Robbaz. I also watch pretty much any live streams that people post in the status updates on this forum, and I like to watch a few other Let's Players on here like Indrah LadyPotato, ZenBear, and WilliamTheUnPro and others that I've now discovered thanks to this Let's Play forum.
I do give a rating of games out of 10 stars, but it's like Whose Line Is It Anyway where the points really don't matter. 

About Me

I’m Chris, I’m 27 years old and while not making videos, I am a full time web designer/developer in Buffalo, NY. The city I live in is a major love of mine as our area is going through a great and long-awaited rebirth. We are the drunken sports city of good neighbors, home to the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres, white-out week-long blizzards, the best chicken wings, the faint smell of cheerios, great nightlife, cool people, the natural wonder that is Niagara Falls, and so much more and I love every minute of it!

I like gaming (mostly RPGs) but also play light shooters, action games, and puzzle games. I generally avoid horror games but I can’t say no if it is a request. Other things I enjoy are cooking, lifehacks, diy and home improvement, and (for the most part) my day job. I mention these things, not because I mistook this for an online dating profile, but because they are all topics for videos I hope to try at some point on the channel.

I started “doing the YouTube” out of a necessity to try something new and in an attempt to meet new people from around the world. I would greatly appreciate any feedback, even if its "speak into the microphone, idiot" I'm a shy person and I have issues with mumbling sometimes so doing YouTube is a way to get myself out there a little more and to practice my "public speaking" if you will. I'm pretty hard on myself, so don't worry about offending me, I do want to know if I'm doing something horribly wrong so that I can get better. I have a multimedia background, but I don't have a clue when it comes to this kind of thing.

Games

NEW! Shiny! RPGM Games Playlist (I put all RPGM games into a playlist for your viewing pleasure.)

Playing (These are games that I am playing currently or have an ongoing series running)

• Nothing right now. Make a suggestion!

Queued Games (This is the list of games I'll be playing eventually, in no particular order).

• Arbiter's From Another World
  • Okiki, Star Apprentice
  • Succession
  • The Contract Truth
  • Whimsy Heroes
  • Lawrence Of Aragorn

Completed (RPGM games I have played or completed. NEW Now available on a playlist, click here: RPGM Games Playlist)

• NEW Legend of A Ninja: Shadow to Remember by BattleShinobi
  • Sword of Light III by Gamer91112
  • Nightmare by kenjivn14
  • The Joy of Quest by OldIrishMN
  • A Collection of Paranormal Stories by Pinesal

Requests

Please feel free to make requests. I really do appreciate them and usually take them. (Please note guidelines and tips below for better chance of me taking your submission).

Guidelines: (Requirements):

1. I am not committing to playing the game for hours on end, I'm not actually guaranteeing I'll play any game. I'll play until I stop having fun, until I have seen enough to give a final thoughts section, or until it crashes or I get a game-ending bug. ...Or if I die repeatedly in a frustrating and embarrassing manner.
  2. The game should be in English. (Although I speak French and can read Japanese as well, I don't have the language skills to be able to understand a full game in either).
  3. If you don't like the review, I'm not going to take it down. I pride myself on giving constructive criticism so you are not going to get trolled or flamed by me in a video but you will get the truth in my humble opinion.
  4. The game does NOT have to be RPGM. But the game should be free or ...let's say less than $10. I can't afford to drop $60 on some new Assassin's Creed game. This is just a hobby for me.
  5. Must be available on PC. Not setup to play console or mobile games. Yet ;)

Tips (These are not required, but these will help your chances that I will review a game at your request):

• Subject Matter: I tend to gravitate towards RPGs, but I am open to really any type of game. I have never played a horror game as I might pee my pants and scream like a little girl on video, but if you want to see that I will certainly try one if requested. I'm also a male so probably not the best person to play a My Little Pony fan game or anything like that.
  • Graphics: I don't like games with mixed graphics styles. I work in web graphics all day so I'm sort of a stickler about graphics. I might still play the game but I will probably beat you up over clashing graphic styles.
  • RPGM games: link me to the project thread cause I'm lazy... No, really because it makes it easier if there are games with similar titles, posted on various sites, and also because I’ll look at your project thread and give comments on that too if desired.
  • Bonus Points: As mentioned, I'll play anything even non-RM games but bonus points if it is an RM game because I'm used to the capabilities and I can offer better feedback

Request Template (Give as much of this info as you can):

• Title:
  • Author:
  • Link to Project Thread or Game Page (No Direct Download links please):
  • Engine (for RPGM games): 
  • Disclosure (Are you the developer of the game, or a friend/family, etc.?):
  • Notes (Why do you think I should play the game):

THANK YOU

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread. If you'd like to support the channel, here is a support bar for your signature. Spread the word, because we all know the bird is the word! And we are all birds on this blessed day.

Support Bars

Last edited by a moderator:

Artificer

Creator of worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ohh made a post is a unique idea =) but is too much hard work for me =)

Allusion

♕ The Girl Who Lived (for chocolate) ♛
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awww, it's so nice of you to help out the little guys who need feedback~ I'll be sure to keep up with your channel!  :wub:

Do you mind if I put your youtube support bar pic in my signature? It'll help spread the word~ :)

starcrescendo

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awww, it's so nice of you to help out the little guys who need feedback~ I'll be sure to keep up with your channel!  :wub:

Do you mind if I put your youtube support bar pic in my signature? It'll help spread the word~ :)
Thanks! I don't think of anyone as "little guys" or anything though, that sounds really arrogant. I myself haven't even released a game, lol! But sure, I can also make something that's better suited for a "support bar" just give me like 15 minutes and I'll add it!

EDIT: Here's a support bar,  you can certainly use whatever you wish, but this ones a little smaller so it won't take up your whole signature or anything. :)

http://i.imgur.com/w6e4bqN.pngEDIT: And here's a tinier one! I like this one better actually:

http://i.imgur.com/4O6gnRX.pngThank you for reading my thread! I hope you'll stay tuned to the videos once I restart them. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Allusion

♕ The Girl Who Lived (for chocolate) ♛
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Supported! Thanks~

I hadn't meant it to sound arrogant, I just meant it's nice for you to help out the games that go without feedback is all. I can word things strangely at times, but it's wasn't an insult or anything~ I apologize, Star!  :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why is it so hard to accept existential stoicism? To insist stoics must be deterministic is like insisting God couldnt create evolving animals. Drop the dogmas and concider the compatible mechanics
I just had a duel at Duel Links, and started right away with a fusion monster... felt like an actual yugioh main character :3
Now listen closely... Here's a little lesson in trickery, This is going down in history...
So the four of my friends are singing a song and I'm like... ohoho I don't know this song. Better act like I do!
A boss that spams confuse, blind, silence, oil and slow on all party members? Good idea FF12 *headdesk*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
califert