Crescentia Harmony of the Moon

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Chester, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chester

Chester Meow Kitten Veteran

First Language:
    Cat Tongue
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

Synopsis

Relive an unforgettable adventure filled love, friendship, betrayal, and sacrifice. Join Sora and his friends as they defend Crescentia from the darkness, explore remarkable dungeons, discover the existence of new worlds, and uncover the truth behind the magical land of Crescentia. Determine the fate of Crescentia through the actions of Sora and his friends. The fate of Crescentia is in your hands.

Characters

*Additional Characters will be added as the Story progresses*

Sora

[​IMG]

Chester

[​IMG]

Akemi and Isamaru

[​IMG]

Screenshots

*Additional Screenshots will be added as the Story progresses*

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Game Features

• Experience a Story like no other
    • Experience No Random Battles
    • Explore remarkable Dungeons
    • Engage in Stimulating Button Pressing
    • Press [F5] for Full Screen Mode if personal computer cannot handle the standard Full Screen Mode
    • Your Choices during each Chapter affects additional scenes and mostly the Finale

Credits

*Additional Credits will be given as the story progresses*

[​IMG]

Additional Information + Download

Meow Hello everyone,

Crescentia Harmony of the Moon will be a series released in 12 Chapters. This game contains the Prologue and Chapter 1. Chapter 2 will be released at a later date. Please take your time to play this marvelous game I have come up with and please post your thoughts on the game in the comment section below. I am still a learning kitten so if you thought of any suggestions, improvements, or anything good or bad please post. If I missed anyone in the Credits, forgive me and please correct me in the comment section below. Also if you find a bug somewhere in the game please post it in the comment section below.

Thank You Meow!

Download Link 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6iu0994030htgo/Crescentia%20Harmony%20of%20the%20Moon%20No%20RTP.exe?dl=0

Thank You for Playing!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
  2. Jericho Swain

Jericho Swain Noxus Tyrant Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh interesting this look promising I'll give this a game a try and I'll post my thoughts on the game after I beat it :D and Good Job on the game I can tell you have a good mapping sense!

3. Doobles

Doobles That guy... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    First thing I noticed, why are Autumn leaves falling when all the trees are lush and green?

Anyways, I'll try this as soon as I get the chance!

Chester and Jericho Swain like this.
  4. Chester

First Language:
    Cat Tongue
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Do not worry Doobles it is all part of the story! I will reveal it in either Chapter 3 or 4! :D

Jericho Swain and Doobles like this.
  5. Jericho Swain

Jericho Swain Noxus Tyrant Veteran

First Language:
    English
    OK like I said in my post above I will post my thoughts on the game once I finish it and I finally got around to beat it. Now I am very picky about the games I choose to tryout and play and Chester your game just happens to be on my To Play List which is good you should be proud :) . Now this game is by far REALLY GOOD. This game is kinda short (1 hr of game play) I was disappointed that it ended because I wanted to play more but its alright since you say that the game is a 12 part series. This game has a lot of potential and I can see that you did a lot of planning just based on the images and character description in your game post. Good job good job.

Now the game play is GREAT I LOVE the button presses! This makes the game a lot more interesting and challenging other than just smashing Enter. The Story is Interesting and I would like to know more about Sora, Chester, and mostly Akemi. I am Looking Forward to the next Chapter. Also Chester for some reason...you are actually pretty cute in this game. The meows and nyas pretty cute :D The Music OH MAN it is good GOOD JOB on the Music. The Music in this game is BEAUTIFUL....actually this is a Beautiful game. Your mapping sense is good!

I am Really Looking Forward to Your Next Chapter! Chester you just earned yourself a fan "meow" lol...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
    Chester likes this.
  6. Chester

First Language:
    Cat Tongue
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello meow meow :D I'm glad you liked it Jericho. I promise the next chapter(s) will be longer and more challenging. It is because I joined the prologue with the chapter 1 which makes it seem to be not as long but I expect to make each other chapter at least 1hr+. Also there will be optional bosses and dungeons (I will not be releasing these until at least after Chapter 3) which will make the game a lot more challenging and longer.

Jericho Swain likes this.
  7. Doobles

Doobles That guy... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ok so I've finished playing all the way through.

First off, I absolutely love your title screen, and the music you chose to use there and throughout the game.  

The combat never got dull with the necessary button pressing, which is a feature I personally liked.  Also the voices were a great touch!

The mapping was excellent, not much else to say there.

The menus looked beautiful.  Might I recommend changing up the window skin a little bit though?

A few typos here and there but the story was very well written.  There are a few words like paralysis and "should of" being used instead of "should've/should have", but that is me being anal.  It did not take away from the story.

Your characters aren't cut and dry at all, which is a good thing!  They have very distinct personalities and I wasn't sure I'd like Chester as much as I actually did.

The way you chose to take the story was a way in which I'm unfamiliar with, basically being the aftermath of some great adventure.  I liked it and how I had to sort of piece together in my mind what happened in Sora's past that led up to the current events taking place in the game.

I enjoyed this game a lot and look forward to playing more chapters from it!  Great work, truly!

Chester likes this.
  8. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This looks very interesting and I will give it a go when I get the chance.

One thing, though.  You could reduce your file size considerably if you used Audacity (it's free) to convert your MP3 audio files into ogg vorbis.  You have a couple of wav files as well, one is 47Mb, the other is 100Mb.  That last one would go down to something between 4 and 5Mb.  Doing that to all your music will take about 150Mb off your file size which would make it much easier for people with a less fast internet connection to download.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
    Chester likes this.
  9. Chester

First Language:
    Cat Tongue
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you for the feedback Doobles I will take a look at the grammar and possibly the window skin. I am glad you liked it :) For the story I had a lot of choices but I decided to take an unfamiliar path because that's what will make players remember the story because its different :D Thank you for playing! Chapter 2 will be out soon meow meow :3

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
  10. Chester

First Language:
    Cat Tongue
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank You ksjp17 meow :3 This learning kitten did not know that. I will convert my wav to mp3 audio files. Thanks a lot nya nya :3

11. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I do strongly recommend that you do not convert them to Mp3. Those files are still very big, plus they do not loop properly in the RM engine, which ends up sounding weird and/or irritating to the player. Instead convert them to ogg vorbis.

Chester and Doobles like this.
  12. Alphablast001

Alphablast001 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello,

For some strange reason I can't seem to paste my review in the text box, so I have put it up as an attachment for your convenience. I hope it will help you in your future game development endeavors. Have a good day!

From, Alpha

Crescentia Review.txt

Attached Files:

starcrescendo and Chester like this.
  13. starcrescendo

starcrescendo Stargazer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello! Congratulations on releasing your game! I did a video review/let’s play of your game but it is my very first YouTube video ever and I'm having issues with it unfortunately :( I can’t figure it out. Maybe I'll upload the video once I figure it out but its really bad. I really just wanted to provide some feedback on your game!

These are all my opinions so please don’t take any offense I am attempting only to be constructive so that you can improve the game or future projects! I’ll present my thoughts as I went through the game. Overall, I really did like your game. I gave it a little more than 1 hour and plan to play some more in the future. Without further ado, here are my notes as I went through the game. This is huge so its in a spoiler.

Hello! Congratulations on releasing your game! I did a video review/let’s play of your game but it is my very first YouTube video ever and I'm having issues with it unfortunately :( I can’t figure it out. Maybe I'll upload the video once I figure it out but its really bad. I really just wanted to provide some feedback on your game!

These are all my opinions so please don’t take any offense I am attempting only to be constructive so that you can improve the game or future projects! I’ll present my thoughts as I went through the game.

Very first impression of the game is VERY NICE! The custom titlescreen is gorgeous. The font is a little hard to read.

Not a fan of scrolling text, but you made it go nice and SLOW which is generally what I hate when they go by too fast. I also like that you double-spaced it to make it a lot easier to read!

The first map: presentation is great again! Love the falling leaf effect, and the light around the campfire too. Map looks nice.

Wow a bunch of dead people. Did that girl get struck by lightning? No idea what is going on.

Okay, didn’t realize at first that I was given control at this point. After walking around a bit, I walked over to the weeds in the upper right and something weird happens. I don’t know how to explain it. Are the maps parallaxed? It seems like the weeds are on a different layer and so the character awkwardly floats behind it. Minor, nitpicky.

Holy crap ton of enemies. I was able to walk past them all.

Next map… OK, do all of the enemies move toward the player?! All the flowers came charging to me at once which was super cheap…

OK first battle… WOW I love this battle system. I hate the normal turn based snore fest however, these flowers are PSYCHO. Who the hell waters these things!? So I got gang raped by 3 terrible flowers before I realized how to cast a magic spell. Very low on HP and now I figured it out. Wait, I HAVE to press the buttons to do a magic attack? I thought that the button presses just powered things up. Not cool. Where was the battle introduction for all this? Finally killed one, but I can never do the buttons quick enough to execute the full attack. I should mention, I’m in a semi-dark room and unable to look at the keyboard the way my desk is. I usually play RM games with the number pad so this might just be my own personal issue for not being used to this control scheme, but it seems very difficult to hit zdx in succession after hitting a and d.

Holy CRAP these things are crazy. And they keep going before I can decide on a move. There should be a pause function. Screw it. I’m going to click outside of the window to pause the game so I can think!

Killed them. Now I immediately get charged by the other flower enemy and start another battle. This is a little chaotic. I think there’s promise here but you should be slowly introduced to different elements not just dumped into this chaotic mess! Also what is with the random Japanese shouting? It sounds like a 60 year old man, not my character who looks like 16!

Beat them just spamming the attack and the first set of buttons. I can NOT get the second set, its too hard! The flowers also interrupt my magic attacks. Whoah?! I have skills? I can’t seem to use any of them though… still missing that battle tutorial!!

Ok now there’s two pigs kissing each other. Haha just kidding. They smell me. Crap these things are crazy too… spam attack and click outside of the window.

Can I please save???

Next map… MORE enemies?! My number lock key got stuck and now I get forced into a battle with 2 spider things. Fought them, and slid past the pigs. Wait they’re practically charging me. WHY DO THE ENEMIES HAVE A “FOLLOW PLAYER” in their move list? VERY FRUSTRATING. Can I escape? I figured out how to escape

YES a SAVE crystal! Thank the stars! Oooh love the save screen it is very cool looking. Is this Luna engine that made the title and this? Very cool.

More pigs. And some 3-headed monster thing. Ok seriously the Japanese voice is really stupid. It sounds constipated. Holy crap I’m getting raped. I’m trying to use a healing item and I keep getting stunned. Crap, keep failing my magic attack too. I’m dying… lets just spam attack… crap I’m stunned! I need to heal, game! Die. Game over. Reload save. OK, Lead with the magic zephyr blast. Let me heal. Let me heal! Keep getting stunned!! ARGH! Can’t do ANYTHING WTF? WTF?! Used a potion. Doesn’t heal crap. They’re doing more damage than the potion recovers. Stunned stunned stunned WTF. Die. Reload.

OK, I’m 15 minutes in. There is definitely a pacing issue here. Unless I was supposed to fight all of the monsters before here and grind in levels, this battle is way to hard! I swear I don’t think I totally suck at games, it should not be this difficult. If people are dying 15 minutes into the game then there is an issue. And why does the potion recover so little? It’s a waste of time. I use the potion and they hit me for double that amount before I even get a chance to move again.

RELOAD 3. Ok, beast mode time. WTF Instantly stunned. This is so unfair. WTF? WTF?! Ok, lets use this Hi-Potion. Take that ye bastards! Magic Zephry blast. Stop interrupting me! Crap I failed the key control again. Ok, my opinion, it should be that you have to press the buttons to enhance the spell, not to even do it. It’s too hard. Stunned stunned stunned. Is this supposed to happen? I am seriously wondering if this is a glitch. Attack attack attack. Ok down to just the chimera thing. YAY victory!

Cut scene reminds me of power rangers where they would kill the enemy, leap over the enemy and then the enemy would explode behind them while they posed. Idk that’s just what this reminds me of, lol

Ok, take a minute to take a look around. Oh god let me save again. Mapping is good. I ran through the last few maps so I wouldn’t get attacked but this map is nice. But the pacing issue is very real unless I am missing something super obvious, or was I supposed to grind away on all those other monsters? The character should hint that somehow.

Lock opening… ok this is just stupid. Again, I’m not in a well-lit room, I can’t see all these key combos.

Yes I went back to save because I’m a baby.

Random memory, yeah yeah yeah. I don’t care. I’m not connecting witih this character at all and I don’t get what’s going on.

SAVE! Yay! Stopped and played with the menu a little. AWESOME. I love the menu. Is this Luna Engine? Or custom? This should be in the Luna Engine sample if so because this is freaking awesome!

Ok onto the next room. Skip around the pig and open the first latch. dayum, got into a fight with the second one. Seriously over the Japanese voices now. I sound like a constipated old Japanese man. I still haven’t gotten the second part of the plain attack combo yet.

Second lever. This system for activating the switches is really annoying. At this point, I was standing in-between the two levers and the enemy is just repeatedly walking into the bridge but apparently they can’t cross over it. This confirms my suspicion I think. WHY are they set to follow the player?

Kill them, and run to last switch, Activate. 3 crazy ass fish people. Spammed Zephry blast. Try to use potion at the last minute. Forgot how useless they are. But I prevailed! Am I getting better at this?

Ok, was I supposed to do that or was it a secret encounter? Leave room, can’t go in the room. So I’m guessing not. Need to close each one.

At this point I saved and went into the next room and got charged by pigs again. Wait, my health is super low! Escape battle. Run back to save crystal to confirm my suspicions. WHY don’t the save crystals heal the player? This is very frustrating. You should at least heal me when I use the save crystals since I have a limited supply of usesless health potions.

Healed up with the useless potions and start clearing the second room. Stupid bats, more cheap enemies that chase me around the map. I do like the battle system and the graphics, but there are some frustrations here for me. Ok, run out to save before facing the final guy. Oh great, everybody respawned. Just great. Mow through them and move onto the mini-boss.

Spam the Zephyr blast and then attack to kill them. I’m noticing a pattern for success… I don’t have any time to pick anything so I just randomly blast it. Frick this stupid button press mini game! (failed 3 times in a row.) Cheated the AI a bit so I could run right past them.

Another memory sequence… who are these people? Why should I care? I don’t. I’m sorry. I don’t understand at all.

More pigs. I’m at a quarter health and I have to fight all of these things with like no potions. I’m still on the INTRO! I shouldn’t be exhausting my potion supply. Beat the first round, heal up with more potions… begrudgingly.

Random memory thing again. I don’t know who they are. Am I busting them out of jail or something? Next round of piggies. The usual spam rule applies. I think I’m getting better at this. But I’m now getting annoted with the aftermath screens. I have to press enter a few times just to get that to go away.

Another save crystal, but it doesn’t heal me… save and view the cutscene.

Slave? Really? Poor kitty…. Sorry I can’t take this too seriously because of the cutsie little word bubbles that are popping up. The game seems to be so serious but now there’s a little disconnect. I don’t understand everything yet which may be contributing to that feeling. But I don’t know who Sora is, or why I am in this castle or who these people are. Is this Orc the jailor? Let’s just keep going and see how many more times I can die….

Random cutscene. This makes me think about multiple party members. I can barely manage these timed button presses for myself, I can’t imagine how it will work if I get multiple party members. I hope they have AI because I can see it being very frantic. Choice! Yay, I choose to help the adorable little kitty!

Battle. Oh what a surprise, I’m stunned stunned stunned. Apparently this is a recurring theme. Literally still stunned. Dead.

OMG. Did you play test this? This is such an obvious issue unless I’m missing something super obvious to counter it. I mean WTF? I don’t need a reason to help others makes me think I should help the cat. I’m going to choose wait a little longer this time and hope something magically happens.

Battle time. Ok beast mode! Zephyr charge again. OMG this is bleeping ridiculous. Stunned literally the WHOLE time down to 300 health. Desperate potion use finally allowed at 30 health. Ok now spam attack repeatedly. Yay just the big guy left! Wait are there two of them? When he walks forward to attack thers a weird graphical glitch and it looks like there are two of him.

Finally leveld up! But on the victory screen there is a glitch. I’m assuming it should show arrows for attributes that increased but instead it displays a bracket and a quotation mark. I think this happens when you translate scripts from other languages into English. Might want to search for that

Power ranger attack! Hyah!

RUN to the save spot. Then talk to kitty friend. Nice kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fuuuuuur. Sorry… ahem… ok. Kitty is the best character in this game so far. Can Kitty be the main character? I want to be kitty. I don’t know what kitty gave me, but I equip everything I have.

Interact with red crystals. Are they supposed to enter the codes on their own? Because they do. Could this have happened sooner? I’ll take it. Same thing happens to the other.

OK final room, I think I’ll clear this room and then stop playing. Hopefully some of the loose ends get tied up here. Or maybe this will be the end? Not sure if this is a full game.

Ok, crazy lady and fox guy that I don’t know who you are. And what do you mean “No guards” there was tons! Ok, battle time. HOLY BAZOONGAS LOOK AT THOS MASSIVE BREASTS!! OMG Great random Japanese talking. Was this a translated game? Or am I just supposed to not understand the characters? Hey I can finally use a skill! But she is massacring me so it doesn’t really matter. Geez! Trying to use healing potions but it keeps interrupting and not letting me use it. Now she does some crazy magic thing. Game over.

UGH, I’m determined to beat this now. Retry. Yadayadayada skip all their talking. Blah blah blah. Her laugh is ridiculous. I like the battle transition. I don’t know if its random or if I just didn’t notice it before. Battle time. This time, very liberally using healing potions so I don’t get locked out of them again.Great I wasted them all and didn’t even need to “win” the battle. Love the death scream. AUUUUUUUUUUUUGH.

Ok random people taunting me and talking about crap I don’t understand… KITTY! KITTY SAVE ME I LOVE YOU

Ok aftermath talking. I love that the fox is asked to “take out the trash”. Wtf? Blahde blah talking… do I take a last ditch boob grab or something? Lol Not sure what is happening. I like the music and the screen animations that are happening though.
    More of this cute, Come heal me cute. Is this memory stuff a play off of Kingdom Hearts?

Random Haruto dude? Really? Haruto? Sounds like a certain Ninja fan…

OK really sure this is like Naruto now. The hidden demon offering me power from within?
    Prologu end. KITTY Y U SO MAD? Even mad kitty is adorable. I like this choice idea, I remember reading in the game thread that the choices will each contribute to the ending so I like that.

Ok the font thing is weird. Just show all the font and don’t make me wait for it.

WOW the chapter screen is awesome. I have never seen that in an RM game and I really like it.

KITTY!!! I knew kitty would save me.. Wait, does kitty sleep on the floor now? I don’t want to take his bed. I get to name him?! I want to name him Mittens. Ew Chester? PLEASE let me name him. Who the heck names their cat Chester? Thanks for the supplies kitty, I equip them… wait… did I LOSE health? Wait now I have like half the health.

Also, in Kitty’s house (NOTE: I will NOT call him Chester!) there is a random pile of hay that I can walk into oddly. I don’t know why you would parallax this map but kudos for the effort, just fix that issue.

Overall this is FAR from a bad game. I really enjoyed it but some things could certainly be improved. There seemed to be a distinct problem with pacing and I should not have had so much difficulty playing the game. A lot of players I feel would have just given up but I pressed on in the name of reviewing!

The graphics and presentation style are outstanding. Love all the custom graphics, or even if they aren’t custom they are at least new to me. The music was ok. Like I said I was recording the video, and the video recorder mutes game whenever I was speaking so I didn’t like hear it too much but everything I did hear was nice, The exception to that is the Japanese voices. They make no sense. Either translate them so the are yelling in the right language, or get rid of them. And while you do so, get a voice actor that doesn’t sound like a 60 year old constipated man. I mean the hero looks like 16, he should not have some old man voice.

The story is not compelling to me. Vague stories are great to build intrigue, and I love that the exposition is very minimal so that you get right into the game but some things need to be explained. There are no hints at all. People just start talking about sheep that I don’t know what is. I don’t care at all. And before the chapter ended I was told to “save the world”. WHY? I don’t have any connection to the world. Why does it fall on me, and how do I save it? And from what? Some random girl is the most powerful entity? Why? There are too many questions that are not answered and it does not compel me to move forward. Too many random things that are not explained.

There is no tutorial whatsoever. I had no clue how to use the battle system, which I did enjoy once I got into it, but there should have been some sort of introduction to battles, or some sort of gradual introduction to the system. And please for the love of god fix the broken battle system. Enemies need to either stun MUCH less frequently, or do less damage, or attack less or SOMETHING. I was plopped into these battles and it was pretty much “fight or die”. I think I died 5 times through this video. Most players I think will just stop after they get 1 or 2. I’m all for challenges, but I’m ONLY an hour into the game. I should not be dying this frequently.

The characters are not memorable at all. I don’t care about the main character. Kitty is a memorable character. And the evil Girl seemed memorable, but other than them I do not know who anybody else is, or even who I am? Again, exposition can be done in interesting ways. Too much exposition can be a bad thing, but this game is like the complete opposite. No exposition. I have no idea what I am doing.

Overall, if I had to give the game a rating, I would give it a 7.5. It is not a GREAT game (at least not yet) but it is better than an average game. And a lot of other RM games I’ve played. And it certainly has potential.

Chester likes this.
  14. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    The music is nice... But what would I expect? Seeing a credit list for music which includes Kingdom Hearts and others... Gonna test it more when I get time... :3

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  15. Chester

First Language:
    Cat Tongue
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Thank You for your feedback Starcrescendo and Alphablast001. My team and I really appreciate them!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
    starcrescendo likes this.
  16. Njalm2

Njalm2 Villager Member

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Greetings. I tried out this game earlier today, and while I didn't play for longer than past the first boss, I've already got a few comments.

First off, congratulations on completing a game, hopefully I'll manage to do so as well, eventually.

As someone else mentioned, you've got a good sense of mapping, each of the areas I've seen are lively and pretty to look at, without appearing garish or over-the-top. Kudos for that. But there's one issue I've noticed, and it's actually something you state to be one of the primary features of your game, I'm talking about the button pressing. The idea that you need to press buttons every time you activate an ability, might've been engaging if it functioned more akin to how button pressing worked in a title like Final Fantasy X.

In Final Fantasy X, you were rewarded for performing the button presses correctly in the allotted amount of time. If you failed, such as with Auron's Bushido techniques, then the attack was weakened, but it still executed properly. In your game however, the button pressing is mandatory, if you fail, your entire turn seems to effectively be wasted. Meanwhile, the enemies strike at you with impunity, as you continually end up doing nothing. They seem to be able to use their abilities with impunity, so why can't I? This is a gameplay imbalance, where the game seems to operate on different rules for the player and the enemy.

While it does indeed end up making the game more challenging, it's not challenging for the right reasons. The challenge shouldn't come from your game mechanics, they ought to come from your decisions as a designer, how your monsters are designed and what not.

Furthermore, there's also a strange case how the button pressing is used outside of battle. After I beat the first boss, the game handed me a key to the tower,  my expectation was that once I put the key in the lock, the door would open. Instead I get a button pressing screen which I had to complete before I could enter the tower I just got the key to. This felt wholly unnecessary to me, and it really accomplished little besides making me waste a bit more time on a rather trivial and uninteresting task. What purpose did the key serve? Couldn't you simply had claimed that the door was sealed by magic or something, requiring a correctly timed counter spell to unlock? If you had phrased it like that, it'd have made more sense in context, and probably flowed a lot better.

So, food for thought. This also applies to the levers you encounter in the tower itself, is the task really that complicated that it requires direct input from the player?

I'll make sure to complete the game, and when I'm done I'll post a review on this page. You intend for this to be a twelve part series, from what I've heard, and I'll try to make my contribution by being thorough with the reviews. Good luck by the way!

17. ideal2013

ideal2013 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    So I just finished this game today and truth to be told, it really hooked me to finish until the end. Here is something nice I found about it:

-Good Music (really this is what keep me alive through the whole game)

-Great Map graphics. The Maps as of current are well done in my opinion. I like the falling leaves effects  :)

-Very interesting battle system and was another thing that keep me through this game. 

-I'm a fan of demon queen and hero conflicts stories so this game hooked me straight into its plot. 

Something I feel should be edited/fix:

-As earlier comments said, the battle system was a bit confusing in the beginning, some tutorial should be done.

-I feel like monsters are difficult in the beginning and they give 0 xp! I keep through the game because I care a lot for the story plot but really, I had to drink at least 1 potion every 2-3 battles which some players might drop because of the beginning difficulty. 

- I find it quite boring when you drop the topic of Akemi. Maybe it is just my personal preference but I'd prefer you expound on the story line of Akemi and the Hero past that link to Akemi rather than this whole "saving the world" thing. 

And the boss battle:

-First boss: I know that the player cannot defeat Akemi, therefore, removing the option of gameover when her hp doesn't get down to like 1/2 or 60% (or whatever mark it was to trigger the event). Even if the player die before they get her hp down to that point, the event should still proceed. 

-Second Boss: Another unbeatable boss to move on in the game. I grinded mad till level 20 and had a really hard time trying to wait for boss to kill me. After I beat her, the previous event of Chester going around the ice room keep repeating and I had to continue to kill boss (unless I die). This should be remove or make it like the first boss. Whether win or lose, the event should continue

Final Comment:

-Really nice game and great job! Looking forward to the other 11 parts. I'd like to see Akemi and the Hero relationship  :D

18. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello there. I've been playing the game for a bit and have lots of thoughts and feedback to share.

To start off, the presentation is fantastic. Very nice visuals, I must say, in regard to everything - mapping is stellar, the UI is pretty, and I like that title screen too, especially how the picture and the quotes regularly change. The music is also very nice. I like the one that plays in the Demon Tower especially. But looking at your credits list, some of the music is ripped from other games? The menu sfx in my opinion are a bit too loud. I'm also curious, is the game's title and the logo a tribute to Castlevania fanchise?

There wasn't much of an intro to the story at the start. In a way I like that, because there's no info dump and I got control of the player right away. But on the other hand, at least some intro would've been nice. Just a short cutscene or something, so that I know what's at stake.

Not a fan of not being able to save whenever I want, but I can understand your choice to have save points instead. Just that I sometimes found them to be a bit too far apart. The very first one in my opinion should've been before the first battle.

I've got a lot of impressions of the battles, some are good, others not:

- The UI in battle is nice, but sometimes it's a little hard to see the HP and MP bars.

- There is so much shouting in battle that it gets a bit annoying. Also, why is it all Japanese if the game is in English?

- Some of the stuff is a bit confusing. When I first saw 'Press A' upon attack, I thought it referred to 'A' on the gamepad. For several battles I couldn't get anything to happen and simply thought the input window was too narrow. Then when I tried out the specials and noticed keyboard buttons being used, I realised it must've meant 'A' on the keyboard. I think it's best to make this clearer.

- Speaking of button combos. I am not a fan of them personally. It's not my thing. If you fail to get the buttons before the timer runs out, then you do not perform the special. Even though I got a hang of it eventually, I still don't prefer it.

- I was curious, why does attacking one enemy sometimes also affect the one next to it?

- Sometimes there's way too much flashy stuff happening on the screen. A lot of the time I can't tell what the heck is going on. Who is getting afflicted with statuses and what those statuses are. It's just Michael Bay style bright flashes all over the place.

- There was a problem with stun lock a lot of the time. Those orcs spam it too much, and because I'm the only character in those first two dungeons, I often was stun locked for several turns. When I fought the first boss, I was stun locked for a good 4-5 turns, watching them pummel away at me and lower my health to less than 1/4.

- Other than these issues, the battles are fast paced and flow nicely. There's a certain degree of fun and satisfaction of defeating the enemies.

Grr, everything in the game requires button combo inputs, even putting a key in the door and flipping a switch.

Upon a level up, there's a ']' symbol instead of an arrow in the victory screen. I know it's a common bug with Yanfly's victory screen script. I think you just have to erase the text that he has there and put in your own in a shape of an arrow. I know for sure I managed to fix that in my game.

The cutscenes are quite well done, and I already like that female villain. She's pretty cool. Now that the prologue ended, I'm level 1 and no longer have cool gear. :( Chester is a very nice character. I like him already. Now I see where you get your manner of speaking from. XD But but, WHY DOES CHESTER SOUND LIKE A GIRL IN BATTLE????????? I just kept laughing every time he made girly sounds.

Lastly, there are a few grammatical errors, most notably your use of 'would of' and 'should of', which should be 'would've' and 'should've' instead.

So yeah, not a bad game so far. I can easily see that a lot of people will enjoy it. It's very anime in its feel, with lots of flashy stuff and yelling skill names in battle, so it's not too much like my type of thing, especially with button combos too, but because the presentation is really impressive and pacing is good, I might continue playing further.

19. judgebeanhead

judgebeanhead Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    This gamma was rendered unplyable very early on. After the introductionarial cutseen, I wandere into the frost and was attack by sum evile plants. They put me to sleep and I could not wack up. What is this?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.