Crimson Shift

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Available on Steam(release on the 30th of april)

Story:

The story is about a girl called Naokee. She's forced to become an assassin after being taken from her place of origin. As time goes on, she encounters people who are willing to help her break free and learn the truth, as the technologically advancing city is slowly thrown into chaos.

You're trying to take her towards the end result you see fit, as you can influence aspects of her personality so she prioritizes certain things over others. There is no good or bad ending, there's only action and consequence. The connection to her can only be severed by death.

Gameplay:
The game is a sci-fi, fast paced, turn-based RPG where split-second decisions can decide a fight. Utilizing the combo-system of the game, the player is allowed to gain significant advantage over the enemy, but one wrong move and everything can go wrong.
As for the non-combat part of the game, the player has to make decisions to drive the game forward, and the ending is decided based on those decisions.

Game features:
- Fast paced turn based battles.
- Combat based on combo system.
- Dark, futuristic atmosphere accompanied by a dark story
- Multiple Endings based on player choice.
- Assassination System - Avoid direct confrontation by Assassinating enemies.
- Challenging, unique combat
- Forming Naokee's personality/attitude through choice

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Download:
Demo [RTP Included][Mega.nz]

Credits:

Scripting:

Degica
Yanfly
Napoleon
Victor Sant
Archeia
Vlue
Khas
NeonBlack
Shaz
Kread-EX
Zeus81
RPG Maker Systems
AdiktuzMiko
modern algebra
DoubleX
Yami
Moghunter
Hime
Woratana
Helladen
Nerdigaming
Moby

Graphics

Nandee - Atasuke10
Degica
Celianna
Refmap – First Seed Material
Matseb
Avery
Enterbrain

Sound

Degica
D.C Kairi Sawler
Sinakhai
Fantozzi
Taira Komori
Cman-634
Avakar
Joel Steudler
Murray Atkinson
JDB Artist
Jake D. Bind
Darren Curtis
Clydous
Benchico
Premium Beat
Aaron Krogh

[Copyright](C) 2015 DEGICA, LTD
Musician: Scythuz

[Copyright](C) Murray Atkinson

[Copyright](C) 2015 DEGICA Co., LTD;
Pack Creator: JDB Artist.

[Copyright](C) 2015 DEGICA Co., LTD;
Pack Creator: Joel Steudler.

[Copyright](C) 2015 DEGICA Co., LTD
Musician: D.C. Kairi Sawler

Pack Creator:
Joel Steudler
Publisher
DEGICA Co., LTD

Feedback is appreciated!!

Last edited:

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Update:
- Fixed a bug where the player could proceed while skipping a scene
- Fixed Typos, smaller sprite bugs.
- Added RTP included download.

BoredSoul

Probably Drunk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looks promising!I'll check it out soon.If only I could get a good battle system as yours.

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks promising!I'll check it out soon.If only I could get a good battle system as yours.
Thanks a lot! I'm looking forward to when you do!!
About the battle system, It's a mix of battle engine symphony and Yanfly skill chain script if you want to have something like it :D

BoredSoul

Probably Drunk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks a lot! I'm looking forward to when you do!!
About the battle system, It's a mix of battle engine symphony and Yanfly skill chain script if you want to have something like it :D
Can you upload it through MEGA?It's the fastest way for me to download something.

BoredSoul

Probably Drunk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As long as it's not MV....

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Last edited by a moderator:

BoredSoul

Probably Drunk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah that's a general issue with Khas ultra lighting. Many antivirus software detect it as such. It's no virus though so just report it as false positive. I'm still trying to look for a solution for that, but its a pain in the butt
Parents put a damn password on the AV.Can't disable it.Knowing their understanding of computers,they will probably say that the file is a virus.

May I suggest,that you ask Khas what is going on?

Edit:Luckily,I can still close the AV.So,I'll go play it.

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Parents put a damn password on the AV.Can't disable it.Knowing their understanding of computers,they will probably say that the file is a virus.

May I suggest,that you ask Khas what is going on?
He's yet to answer anything :(  The last time he was seen around was in like... 2015 so that's kind of bad. 

BoredSoul

Probably Drunk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Awww.   :(

Then,maybe you can ask the forums.

Is the Khas script really that important?

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awww.   :(

Then,maybe you can ask the forums.

Is the Khas script really that important?
Technically, no, I could replace it with another lighting script if I don't find a solution, but it's very versatile(As well as pretty :D) and I'll only redo the lighting of the entire game if I

really don't find a solution. Don't want AV softwares to be triggered all the time. 

Flogic

Amateur Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The atmosphere of the screenshots got me interested, so I gave the demo a download and played until a glitch prohibited me from proceeding (I made it up to the "I should be on guard" part of Ocean Grove, then I went back into the club, and was stuck inside of the wall--and I hadn't saved). My initial thoughts:

• Some of the writing is a little awkward. Demos are basically rough drafts, anyways, I know, so it's not the end of the world. But I think it might be worth fine-tuning some of the dialogue a couple of times, focusing alternately on grammar/spelling as well as the flow of the lines themselves. That being said: I think the story (or at least what's been revealed of it thus far) is very interesting. I can definitely see it becoming compelling enough to keep players interested throughout a full-length RPG.
  • I thought the "I think someone is following me..." section in the narrow forest/grass pathway was creative and fantastic.
  • The combat system seems interesting but its a little overwhelming for a newcomer. Might be easier to learn with a step-by-step tutorial instead of a text dump.
  • The sound direction is excellent, particularly when you are attempting a horror-like scene.
  • The mapping is generally good, but sometimes confusing--some areas are very dark even with the flash light toggled on, and the color choices sometimes draw attention away from what I think are important details (i.e. doors you need to travel through take the backstage to certain other mapping elements). Regardless, the tilesets used and the minimal empty space does a good job of developing atmosphere.

It's an interesting project, I'll be sure to keep an eye on it. Best of luck.

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The atmosphere of the screenshots got me interested, so I gave the demo a download and played until a glitch prohibited me from proceeding (I made it up to the "I should be on guard" part of Ocean Grove, then I went back into the club, and was stuck inside of the wall--and I hadn't saved). My initial thoughts:

• Some of the writing is a little awkward. Demos are basically rough drafts, anyways, I know, so it's not the end of the world. But I think it might be worth fine-tuning some of the dialogue a couple of times, focusing alternately on grammar/spelling as well as the flow of the lines themselves. That being said: I think the story (or at least what's been revealed of it thus far) is very interesting. I can definitely see it becoming compelling enough to keep players interested throughout a full-length RPG.
  • I thought the "I think someone is following me..." section in the narrow forest/grass pathway was creative and fantastic.
  • The combat system seems interesting but its a little overwhelming for a newcomer 
  • The sound direction is excellent, particularly when you are attempting a horror-like scene.
  • The mapping is generally good, but sometimes confusing--some areas are very dark even with the flash light toggled on, and the color choices sometimes draw attention away from what I think are important details (i.e. doors you need to travel through take the backstage to certain other mapping elements). Regardless, the tilesets used and the minimal empty space does a good job of developing atmosphere.

It's an interesting project, I'll be sure to keep an eye on it. Best of luck.
Thanks a lot for the feedback, it's actually very helpful to see it written down :D
Dialogue is indeed a weaker spot of mine and I always kind of leave that for last.. I'll fix that bug and post an update asap. I can see how controlling a character with all skills right off the bat is overwhelming... I have to think of how to make it a bit smoother in the first mission where you control him.  I'll go over the maps and look for the darkness settings and lighting up the more important parts, though that will be a slightly slower process than the bugfix. 
I'm glad you liked it in general :)

BoredSoul

Probably Drunk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I kind of found the battle system easy.

Anyway....the dialogue part.

I can actually help with that.I'm pretty good with English,and I barely make mistakes while writing dialogue.

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I kind of found the battle system easy.

Anyway....the dialogue part.

I can actually help with that.I'm pretty good with English,and I barely make mistakes while writing dialogue.
I have trouble with the flow and feel though, not the english itself.  :D That said, I do have a person who I regularly force to check the dialogue in my games at the end of their development, so its k, but thank you for the offer :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:
If you could fold a sheet of paper 42 times, the stack would reach from the earth to the moon. Do whatever you want with that information.
wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YantacyBlue