Cronus' MV Generator Add-Ons

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Cronus, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Cronus

Cronus Social Awkward Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Hello everyone, how are you?

So, we are all excited with MV, and I'm pretty sure everyone is enjoying the new character generator. But, despite of the generator being very complete and full of cool options, after some minutes you start to notice a certain lack of variety for specific things, like physiognomy types. Having in mind how useful the new generator is (even for prototyping assets), my goal is to provide a some extra parts that will enhance your options when creating new characters.
    I plan to keep updating this thread as long as I have time and the willpower to produce new materials.

Important!
    Please read this thread carefully before downloading and installing the materials, as I can't take responsibility if something goes wrong for you. 

Missing Files
    ​A small note beforehand, some of you might know that the generator comes with some default assets that can't be used because they have missing "Variation" files (Male Eyebrows #11 and Male Nose #10). I have included these missing files on my pack. If you already have these files, your system will ask to replace them (that is up to you). If you don't have them, they should be available after you paste the files. chalkdust already created a thread regarding this issue, so if you want to get a bit more info on that go check it out.

Parts available (so far)

Male Faces

[​IMG]

Male Noses
    [​IMG]

Examples

[​IMG]
    Installation
    Be sure to follow these steps to install your generator parts without issues.
    • Locate the "Generator" folder in your MV directory.
    • Make a backup of the Generator folder by copying it and pasting it somewhere else. This is just a safety measure in case anything goes wrong, or if you want to restore your generator to the default.
    • Download the Add-on and unzip the files.
    • Copy and paste the Add-on folders to your Generator folder. They have the same names, so it shouldn't be hard.
    • Important: if you already have other add-on files installed, doing this process will ask you to replace them. If they are different parts and you want to keep both, you will have to rename the files manually in order for them to work properly.
    • If you have MV open during the process, close it and open it again to apply all the changes.
    Download

Terms of Use
    Credits are not required to use these assets. You are free to use them on commercial and non-commercial projects.
    Redistributing these materials without permission is not allowed, though.

2. JosephSeraph

JosephSeraph White Mage Restaff

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Obrigado! We're very happy with your collaboration! I'll see if I do a few parts myself too! ~ <3

ct_bolt likes this.
  3. Mikuri

Mikuri Princess Veteran

First Language:
    French
    They all work wonder, thank you for enhancing our generator :):D

4. nightwalker

nightwalker Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I'm really liking the direction that you're going with this add-on. I liked of this generator, gives us so many possibilities that you hadn't before.
    (Abraços do mano NW rs)

5. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Elmlor.com Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for this. I was sure no one was going to care much about the generator (in enhancing it) But I guess I was wrong! Thank you so much! 

6. BinaryToast

BinaryToast Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Great stuff, thank you!

7. Vassim74

Vassim74 It's a Secret! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice stuff, thanks for these! Here's hoping more people will contribute to this (and hopefully someone can come up with a tool that can organize them/deal with the naming conventions).

8. Kudin

Kudin Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Amazing! Thank you for doing these!

Any chance we'll get to see elderly female/male faces (perhaps just facial marks?) in the future for NPCs?

9. Adlw

Adlw Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Merci , cpacibo, obrigado, thanks ;) !

10. InFecTioN

InFecTioN Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Really cool that you can add onto the generator, Wasn't sure that it was going to be possible. Thanks for sharing !

11. Shin

Shin Veteran Veteran

I really do missed those other male face formats. They fit better for old guys.

12. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These are so amazingly awesome, and btw it's good to see you back! I hope you plan to make a game with MV as well, Zu was a very enjoyable experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2015
    The Stranger and Susan like this.
  13. terwilliker

terwilliker Veteran Veteran

Thanks

14. SystemLogoff

SystemLogoff Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Just as a heads up, you have one file called icon_Nose_p010.png when it should be icon_Nose_p10.png. This causes the editor to misplace this nose in the selection list throwing off the choices.

For anyone that's downloaded it, just rename the file in the RPG Maker MV\Generator\Variation\Male folder.

Thanks!

Cronus likes this.
  15. Cronus

Cronus Social Awkward Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Thanks to all of you, it's great to get some feedback. Makes me glad to know that those can be useful, and hopefully I'll be able to make more. =)

I thought about that, and figured that eyes and mouth with age lines could be more suitable for it to work. The placement of noses, eyes and mouth varies a lot depending on their format and size, so having age lines on the faces could end up with weird results. It could even work as as a "facial mark" too now that I'm thinking about it, like the scars. I'll try to make some tests with this later on.

Nice to see that you have good memories from it, haha. I don't have any big ideas yet, but I plan to start a game on MV sooner or later.

Thank you for the heads up! I can't believe I ended up forgetting about that. I had this happening and thought "I will make sure to fix this before uploading", and somehow I forgot about it again. Going to fix it right now.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2015
    Kudin likes this.
  16. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These parts are fantastic! You've done a great job.

17. draykorinee

draykorinee Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Okay, maybe its only me, but I copy pasted these images in to male faces and male variations but they don't appear on ym generator still even after a restart.

18. Mesajia

Mesajia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These Addons are really cool. It's a great way to make your charakters more edgy. I hope you will make more of this great stuff :)

19. Runako

Runako Miracle/Magic Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Lol thats all it took was a few minutes. Im hoping to see more Afro-centric resources (afro, braids, curly afro, etc.)

Im too excited.

Chaos Avian likes this.
  20. Rezca

Rezca Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for taking the time to make these ^^