CROSS ENGINE: Combining Chrono Engine with Altimit Movement

Sissel Cabanela

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
...man, your Cross Engine came out after I had butchered the two(Altimit and Chrono) into working with my custom project, but yours is far superior: THANK GOD, because I couldn't get diagonals working well and my knockback system kept glitching. Now I have a question, is the mod done mostly via your plugin, or are there edits to the base plugins of Altimit and Chrono as well? The reason I ask is because I believe I made some edits to my Chrono Engine to work with some Yanfly Plugins and also commissioned a number of Chrono Engine plugins so I'm unsure of compatibility.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a few small edits in the version of altimit bundled with it (like fixing random movement and deleting bullets when they hit the edge of the map instead of sliding along it), but nothing particularly major. The chrono engine file is totally stock

If you're able to send me the yanfly compatibility changes I can see if I can incorporate them into the next version.

Sissel Cabanela

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
decc92b757.png

Hm, I'm looking at the line of code where this error references, and I'm a bit lost.

I have tried to run the project with the 'Standing' option in parameters both on and off and get the same issue. Perhaps related to the issue mentioned above? But half of the plugins here are below Cross Engine.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
show me the console - cannot find property 'standing' is usually because it choked at some point on an incompatibility and threw out a plugin, and the console will usually show what happened.

Sissel Cabanela

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
858e917dc7.png

Er, actually, it's just more of the same BUT I do see that it starts in Core Engine, here. Odd.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
do you have mog's character poses plugin working and enabled?

if not, turn it on.

if you do, try disabling the random map generator - a lot of map generators make events that aren't 100% rpg maker standard, and sometimes that makes weird things happen

Sissel Cabanela

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
do you have mog's character poses plugin working and enabled?

if not, turn it on.

if you do, try disabling the random map generator - a lot of map generators make events that aren't 100% rpg maker standard, and sometimes that makes weird things happen
So update, you were correct. I had that disabled because, uh, I don't really have many sprites so I just disabled it. Turned it on, no issues at the moment in that regard. That said, I do have an...interesting issue now, unrelated to outright errors.

I had been commissioning someone to make plugins for my project which uses the Chrono Engine before the shift to Pixel Movement, and when I tried to get everything working with Altimit Movement before, one of the plugins I commissioned didn't quite work well. The plugin in question has the ability to create proper reflective abilities, from equipment to actual tools/attacks that can reflect attacks back at the user at varying rates of damage. Since you are making a project with the engine yourself, is there a chance I can PM you the plugin and you might be able to doctor it so we can both use it with Cross Engine? It seems to just be an issue of the new pixel movement options.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can take a quick peek, but I'd prefer not to spend too much time working on compatibility with something that isn't available to the general public.

TheGameAfter

I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, for some reason I get this error only when using the cross engine, when using the Chrono engine the game not show any error. It seems to be something about the function/option -SX and -SY, do you have any idea how to solve this?

Edit: I try to remove it all, no error there, however, I still get an error 'this.collider is not a function', I added a console log picture for this one as well. I'm not sure if that connects to the first error or not.

Attachments

• this.setDirectionVactor is not a Function.JPG
    this.setDirectionVactor is not a Function.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 7
  • var colliderbox not function.JPG
    var colliderbox not function.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

#Blessed sun#

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Sir, is this version compatible with yanfly item core? I tried using item core and it starts the game but the weapon doesnt work. It doesnt fire/Attack when I press z.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Small update: there's now a plugin parameter to tell it not to do idle poses while a text box is on screen. Some idle poses can make it seem like your character isn't paying attention to npcs, and this is easier than using the enable_idleposes and disable_idleposes commands every time.

Also fixed hookshot poses.

Hello Sir, is this version compatible with yanfly item core? I tried using item core and it starts the game but the weapon doesnt work. It doesnt fire/Attack when I press z.
You need to enable midgame notetag parsing in plugin parameters.

I probably should just override that plugin setting in the next version, since I don't think there's any reason to have it off when using cross engine.

Hi, for some reason I get this error only when using the cross engine, when using the Chrono engine the game not show any error. It seems to be something about the function/option -SX and -SY, do you have any idea how to solve this?

Edit: I try to remove it all, no error there, however, I still get an error 'this.collider is not a function', I added a console log picture for this one as well. I'm not sure if that connects to the first error or not.
What other plugins do you have in the project? setDirectionVector should be in altimit movement, as should the collider stuff - it seems like altimit isn't being detected.

Last edited:

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What other plugins do you have in the project? setDirectionVector should be in altimit movement, as should the collider stuff - it seems like altimit isn't being detected.
Thanks for the answer, you right, when Altimat enables these errors not show up anymore, however for some reason I get a bigger error, again only when 'Altimat' enable (that why I try not to use it in the first place): "Maximum call stack size exceeded". I tried to replace all the 'Cross' plugins from your last version just in case, but I get the same error.

Attachments

• Altimat error-1.JPG
    Altimat error-1.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
seems likely there's some conflict with altimit and some other plugin you have, but without knowing the full list of what plugins are in your project, and their order, I can't say what it is.

I noticed that you've got some JS files renamed, I know some plugins react badly to that

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
seems likely there's some conflict with altimit and some other plugin you have, but without knowing the full list of what plugins are in your project, and their order, I can't say what it is.

I noticed that you've got some JS files renamed, I know some plugins react badly to that
Ok yes, I forgat I added the 'MOG_Poses_CrossEngnie.js', I remove it and this time I get a different error "Cannot read property 'scrollType' of null".

From the consol is looks like the error happened from the mog plugins and not from the other in my plugin list, and as I said earlier all of the Chrono engine plugins work fine if the 'cross engine/altimat is off, but when adding this two, the game show this error for some reason.

Since I use many plugins, I upload the pictures of my plugin list to this link and I name the pictures on the order they list in my game: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nuiO9RlFfGMlvcNW27aH0Gpw305yUfPA?usp=sharing

Attachments

• Altimat error-2.JPG
    Altimat error-2.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly it could be anything, - your plugin list is really messy, and I noticed you have at least one duplicated plugins ( MOG_PickupThrow ). I'd suggest you systematically test switching on/off to see what's interfering with altimit.

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly it could be anything, - your plugin list is really messy, and I noticed you have at least one duplicated plugins ( MOG_PickupThrow ). I'd suggest you systematically test switching on/off to see what's interfering with altimit.
Thanks! I checked and the only plugin who case this error case by "JAH_NewGameEvent", when turning it off everything works fine, I will just find an alternative. It's embarrassing, sometimes my focus to finding a deep error let me forgot the simple solution, thanks again.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good to figure it out.

If you're looking for a replacement, I *believe* SRD's skip title screen plugin (so you can event it) and mog's various title screen prettiness plugins are compatible with cross/altimit, but that's from testing on my personal plugin stack, and your results might vary.

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't seem to find a way/script the will let me use 'Event Hitbox' (size) plugin with AltimIte Movement... at the moment when I'm adding the 'Event Hitbox' note script to my event using either 'Event Hitbox', Orange 'Event Hitbox', or EST - EVENT SIZE AND TRIGGER, none of them work, I try to use a parallel event as well but still nothing, the event (in the same page or another page) are not bigger than 1 tile.

For example: If I put an image the bigger then 1 tile size, I can still walk through it. I also tried to add the Plugin command AltMovement move_align set false to the event stop Altimit on this specific event, but it doesn't seem to work. any idea what can be done? maybe is there any collider script I can add to the specific event instead to change his size?

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Altimit has a different way of defining hitboxes - it's totally incompatible with other hitbox plugins because it rips out the default rpg maker one and puts in a totally different framework.

You'll need to use altimit's

Code:
<collider>
<rect x='0' y='0' width='1' height='1' />
</collider>

type notetags in order to define your hitbox shapes. (You can attach multiple hit boxes to the same event by putting in multiple colliders in a row, and use circles and polygons as well - check the documentation)

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Altimit has a different way of defining hitboxes - it's totally incompatible with other plugins because it operates under a totally different framework.

You'll need to use altimit's

Code:
<collider>
<rect x='0' y='0' width='1' height='1' />
</collider>

type notetags in order to define your hitbox shapes. (You can attach multiple hit boxes to the same event by putting in multiple colliders in a row, and use circles and polygons as well - check the documentation)
I will try this out. Thanks!

Edit: So I try to put this code in a 'comment' in the event, but for some reason, he didn't affect. I mast missed something. my event is a house object (character) the need to show up on another map, I need to stop the player from walking through it, what and where should I place it? I added my event pages for you to look. (i tried <rect x='2' y='2' width='1' height='1' /> first, then i tried bigger number to see if it change anything (5,5) but nothing (I'm using your 'cross' demo as the base for this project).

Attachments

• Event-page01.JPG
    Event-page01.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Event-page02.JPG
    Event-page02.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

CookingStation.png
And so the making of workstations continues...
Join @StudioBlueGames
as Steel and Teal play Ouroharas's The Unborn Daughter! A stranger on a distant shore. Live now!

If Mog working on ports, but going to the void it just stir a confusion on what's going on.
I don't know what to do with this character, but it mine

IMG_20210419_121108.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenacious