Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
enable altimit debug plugin, which will show you what the hitboxes look like.

The X and Y are the coordinates of a rectangle relative to the upper-left corner of the tile the event is on, so setting x=5, y=5, will mean that you have a hitbox that's pretty far away down and to the right. Width and height determine how big the hitbox is.

The comment tags for altimit are active for the specific event page they're on (so changing pages can change how big your event is)

TheGameAfter

I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
enable altimit debug plugin, which will show you what the hitboxes look like.

The X and Y are the coordinates of a rectangle relative to the upper-left corner of the tile the event is on, so setting x=5, y=5, will mean that you have a hitbox that's pretty far away down and to the right. Width and height determine how big the hitbox is.

The comment tags for altimit are active for the specific event page they're on (so changing pages can change how big your event is)
I already try to add all the collider script type, I think it my be something with this events type the need a specific Hitbox plugin in order to work, (it's few plugins the need eachother to work properly), I check the plugin script itself and still didn't find why is that, I will have to do more checking, thanks for the help.

Last edited:

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug, Animation number 0008 and small idea/request:

Hey, I hope you doing well,
I notice a small thing, it seems like if I change animation number 0008 to normal 'effect' it will show up every time I use item/skill on an enemy or when the enemy attack player even if I didn't set it to do that.

I guess its something with the one you already set it there call: "Temp Invulerability Damage Flash", are this animation number connect to some script in your cross plugins? if so what this animation set to do?

Small request/ thought (if possible):
You know when you use the "collision_id :" comment the event will 'remove' if using the 'item' you set there... I was looking for a way to add extra setting the only if use the item set 'amount' of times, only then it will be 'remove', something like "collision_id : 6 : 3" currently that's doesn't work).

If the 'cross' only changes the 'enemy' script, you may change the enemy react to only get damage from a specific item/weapon? and then add a similar option as above?

Also, I go even deeper with this idea, if possible, set up with a script how each item/weapon will affect the event (one item will light it up, the other will change active a switch...), that will be even better... maybe that's too hard to get that too work, just a thought

It can be helpful for making stronger items/tools that affect the event faster/differently.

Edit: Bug?
I might be wrong but it seems like the 'mog_pickup_throw' plugin doesn't set up %100 with altimit, I take it from the fact Player can't 'throw up' an object (for example: 'bam') after pickup, (it works fine when turning cross/altimit off). there is any script, setup the can fix that?

Last edited:

TigerJazz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How could i use Cross Engine with MOG DestinationPointer? It is possible to run them together or they just wont fit? Because i tried and the pointer just doesn't show ://

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How could i use Cross Engine with MOG DestinationPointer? It is possible to run them together or they just wont fit? Because i tried and the pointer just doesn't show ://

The reason why 'MOG DestinationPointer' not working for my understanding: It's something to do with 'collider' checking, the original 'MOG DestinationPointer' plugin probably only have a function to check y,x in tiles, and there are 100 colliders in each tile... so we will have to add a 'collider location' script to check that, Restart mentioned this type of script in the official 'altimit' post.

The solution: What I did, instead of using MOG DestinationPointer to get a mouse point picture, I use TDDP_MouseSystemEx. However, if you using mv version 1.6 or up you will have to use a specific version of the plugin edit by Krimer, the original plugin not working properly on that version of mv (unless you using mv vir 1.5.1 version or lower than use the original one). I added the js file with the fixed version (for mv 1.6+).

Attachments

• TDDP_MouseSystemEx.js
    40.5 KB · Views: 33

rafman2k

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is great work! I was hoping the new MZ version would have this same exact chrono like functionality built in but no such luck.. I have heard that MOG Hunter will be porting his Chrono engine over to MZ . Would be nice to see this ported over as well .

Last edited:

TigerJazz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The reason why 'MOG DestinationPointer' not working for my understanding: It's something to do with 'collider' checking, the original 'MOG DestinationPointer' plugin probably only have a function to check y,x in tiles, and there are 100 colliders in each tile... so we will have to add a 'collider location' script to check that, Restart mentioned this type of script in the official 'altimit' post.

The solution: What I did, instead of using MOG DestinationPointer to get a mouse point picture, I use TDDP_MouseSystemEx. However, if you using mv version 1.6 or up you will have to use a specific version of the plugin edit by Krimer, the original plugin not working properly on that version of mv (unless you using mv vir 1.5.1 version or lower than use the original one). I added the js file with the fixed version (for mv 1.6+).
Thanks! I will take a look!

Morganis

Ce'wyndia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello, how does galves cam plugin help with event and doodad jiter? Any chance you can share how to do that?

zyeard

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
Hello, I just wanted a help if anyone knows how to thank you.
Well the boomerang tool doesn't work as it should with normal settings, how can I configure it?

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I just wanted a help if anyone knows how to thank you.
Well the boomerang tool doesn't work as it should with normal settings, how can I configure it?
Hey, zyeard, you need to change some numbers to configure with altimit, I added an example of a boomerang Tool event that's work, you can copy and post it, then you can play with it a bit to see how it's work (focus on the 2 blue singes I added).

Attachments

• Cross Engine_Bomerang_item Tool Event.JPG
    Cross Engine_Bomerang_item Tool Event.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 8

zyeard

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
Hey, zyeard, you need to change some numbers to configure with altimit, I added an example of a boomerang Tool event that's work, you can copy and post it, then you can play with it a bit to see how it's work (focus on the 2 blue singes I added).

Thank you very much it really helped !!!

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Restart Just want to apologize and say thank you, apologize for trying to ask about MZ, a system like that takes a lot of time to import. I decided to stick with MV to use the power of the cross engine, I appreciate all the effort and time you put into it, and for sharing it. Any updates/other plugins commutability for MV will be very helpful, however, after all the people asking about MZ, it might pull you off, and that understandable. In any case, my game plan was not possible to have the freedom I wanted without your cross engine, I didn't fully understand that until now, I can't thank you enough. Have a wonderful day/week.

Last edited:

Drake-_-Azric

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, this is amazing, and thank so much!

I have some weird enemy/character shapes, and can't figure out how to make the collisions/hits to work properly.

Is there a way to see and/or customize the 'hurtbox' size? I see it mentioned a few times in the code, but don't quite see where I could change it.

I thought using 2 Altimit Colliders might work, but that seems to just be for changing the shape, not having different collisions.

Edit: hit post too soon, finished question and reposted.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Do you like to practice level design? I do hahahaha! It's not from a specific game, it's just some tests...Fase 1.png
I really need a better indicator of where you can jump up and down though I feel... otherwise I like how this turned out for the first part of the first dungeon of the game.
@Shaz needs to make a website for his plugins. (it can be done easily for free with google sites.) I can't find a database of them anywhere!
Dion2.jpg

testing #2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOURBESTFRIIEND