Cross of Auria - Now on Steam!

Discussion in 'Commercial Games' started by hardytier, Jan 2, 2018.

1. hardytier

hardytier Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Cross of Auria - Version 1.0.0.1 is now live on Steam for Windows and Linux.
    Available on Steam for $0.99 @

About CoA's Plot...
    A plague known only as "the Scourge" has wiped the memories of everyone in the realm of Revan. Ruby, also affected, finds herself in the Veil - a realm between realms. The Watchers quickly rush her out, as the Veil is no place for the living, and her presence disturbs the natural order. This iteration of the Scourge has seemingly awakened the gods of this realm, who immediately prepare for war. All Ruby wants is to find her brother, who disappears several hours after the Scourge strikes, but she is taken by two members of the special forces unit of Auria for the power they witnessed her use.

Trailer:

About CoA...
    Made with RPG Maker MV.
    Price: $0.99.
    This is a living game. Chapter 1-1 is currently available, and more pieces to the story will be added over time for no additional cost.
    This game is the foundation for a new universe that will live in several different media forms.

A bit about the developer (that's me!)
    I'm a student of game design at Full Sail University. This project is released to be part of my pre-graduation portfolio to showcase story and boss battle mechanics, as well as various systems. I am not a graphic designer, or artist of any kind. All art assets are pulled from free sources and credited appropriately in the Special Thanks part of the title screen. All tile sets and battlers are made by others.
    If you find a battle with an enemy that is the same level as you and you keep losing, you aren't doing the fight correctly. All of the tools are there. It's up to you to figure it out..

Isabella Ava likes this.
  2. Isabella Ava

Isabella Ava Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Congratulation for completed your game :)

3. hardytier

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you! I appreciate it. :D

4. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Why didn't you make it Early Access if it's only one chapter and you plan on adding more chapters later?

5. hardytier

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How does that differ from the way it was currently released if I can just drop patches whenever?

6. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No, you're right now selling it as a complete product. A complete product that's still missing a lot of content if your own descriptions reflect the content. Plus, you know, you're actively hurting your own visibility by not having the Early Access run.

7. hardytier

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The "you know" part of that is incorrect, since this is the first game I've ever put out into the world anywhere. In the description of the product itself, it says content will be added over time free. Not to be confused with an incomplete product that becomes completed over time. This is a product with a story that can end right where I ended it, but I'm keeping it alive as there's other things I want to do with it moving forward. I could release Chapter 2 as a different game with it's own price, because it would be relatively self inclusive.
    Though I will say, I don't know enough about the "early access" run to even comment on it.

8. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, you'll learn these things in time, so don't worry. Best of luck with your future projects.

9. hardytier

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Explain the early access part of it. How does it help in comparison to the actual launch? I'm genuinely curious.

10. hardytier

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hall of Challengers is now live:

First Look - Ruins of Alpha:
    (TBA)