Crossing Through - Life Project Recruitment

SoraAngel0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Mandarin
Primarily Uses
i could help with dialogue and build up to the story? i gain many experiences over 200 anime's i've watched most dialogue are predictable now. Please contact me :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Randommerade

All those years, outside looking in...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys! Sorry it's been a while, I've had no Internet for about a week. I had a chance to practice my drawing, and will add the sketches to the "Concept art" tab once I take pictures of them ^.^ I'd like to thank everyone who helped so far, you guys rock!

I'm in the process of making a web site for the game, but I still need a game title. If anyone at all wants to suggest titles, please do! There's no wrong answers. c:

Also, I updated the maps, and they look a little better! I'd take screenshots but I'm not on my RPG Maker laptop right now. :c Oh but, I do have one new screenshot! It also shows one of the hero's sprites (you can pick her dress color pink, purple or white).

Anyway I'll update further when I'm on my RPG Maker laptop!

@SoraAngel0: Sorry for the late reply, that sounds great! Can you PM me a sample of your work? I don't have Skype (though I'm thinking of making one for everyone on the team that does have Skype).

EDIT: Added the art! I think Candy's my favorite out of all of them ^.^

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Lol, all I can think of are the other ones I sent you. XD

Randommerade

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Lol, all I can think of are the other ones I sent you. XD
Same, I can't help but compare your drawings to mine. XD You can put yours up if you wish. c:

EDIT: Colored the picture of Garrett! Or at least I tried to. x.x The colors are off and there's little black specks all over it. I'll perfect it later but for now it's under the "Characters so far" tab.

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wanna redo mine first. 

EDIT: Here are the old titles I came up with.

-Hana no pāti (Japanese for Party of Blossoms. This title basically signifies a group growing together, and gives off the idea of happiness.)

-The Calling Stars (This title represents following your dream.)

DeathKnight9

Oblivious to the Orange Man
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The concept and new map look alright, really liked to see this is going well.

I only wanted to respond because I just recently got skype. For some reason, the site didn't want to sign me up through email, so I had to sign up through microsoft, for some reason... It's DeathKnight9. Not that hard to find, tried it myself, no other people with that or similar name. Somehow, I added myself to my contacts, calls won't work.

Anyway, how about this name for a title: "Crossing Through".

Not sure about that, but oh well. If I had to choose from the concept, I'd say Serena. 

Randommerade

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The concept and new map look alright, really liked to see this is going well.

I only wanted to respond because I just recently got skype. For some reason, the site didn't want to sign me up through email, so I had to sign up through microsoft, for some reason... It's DeathKnight9. Not that hard to find, tried it myself, no other people with that or similar name. Somehow, I added myself to my contacts, calls won't work.

Anyway, how about this name for a title: "Crossing Through".

Not sure about that, but oh well. If I had to choose from the concept, I'd say Serena. 
Okay I'll definitely make a Skype for the project then. That's a good name, for another I was thinking "Going On". I'll probably end up making a poll and have people vote on it.

Oh and for anyone wondering, my email is scklsy@gmail.com if you wish to contact me through email, though I don't check it as frequently as this site, so it's better to just PM me :)

EDIT: I will be uploading a video soon, just need to film it on my mom's laptop since mine is lagging a LOT with video... but yeah it's coming :)

Also, please vote in the new poll!

Randommerade

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The video's up! Check it out on the first page. :D

Hope this post isn't considered as spam XD

Randommerade

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've decided tomorrow will be the last day to vote on the game title, since I'll be making the website soon. So please get your votes in by tomorrow :)

Monoceros

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ohhh! This looks wonderful! I would like to sign up! ;3~ I can work as an eventer, mapper ( can parraelax map if you'd like ;3~), writer, or artist (okaayyish...).

EDIT:on a side note, about the empty looking maps. In a way, it's kinda nice as it envokes a senes of lonliness (combined with the music from the trailor), which is fitting for a game about growing up (Remember your teenage years? When you probably felt like people didn't accept you/didn't understand you? No? Just me?)  . It also adds a sense of somberness/melancholy, which fits the kind of "passage of time" vibe your going for~

Daughter of Evil

Nightmare Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I find your picture really cute you know that. Anyway, I would like to volunteer as a writer or as an eventer for your project. I examined your work thoroughly and found a great interest in the game you are currently constructing. Just send me a message and ask me anything you need help in.  I would really like to see this project push through and I'll help in any way I can.

Randommerade

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ohhh! This looks wonderful! I would like to sign up! ;3~ I can work as an eventer, mapper ( can parraelax map if you'd like ;3~), writer, or artist (okaayyish...).

EDIT:on a side note, about the empty looking maps. In a way, it's kinda nice as it envokes a senes of lonliness (combined with the music from the trailor), which is fitting for a game about growing up (Remember your teenage years? When you probably felt like people didn't accept you/didn't understand you? No? Just me?)  . It also adds a sense of somberness/melancholy, which fits the kind of "passage of time" vibe your going for~
Sure, we need as many as we can get! Thanks for the map tips :3

I find your picture really cute you know that. Anyway, I would like to volunteer as a writer or as an eventer for your project. I examined your work thoroughly and found a great interest in the game you are currently constructing. Just send me a message and ask me anything you need help in.  I would really like to see this project push through and I'll help in any way I can.
Your help would be greatly appreciated!

lorelee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This looks amazing! I'd love to help, if you still need writers. I don't think I'm epic-level at mapping but I can try my hand at helping with that, too.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks pretty cool, but your interior maps are way... way too big. You could easily make them 5x smaller and still keep every object in them.

Azure

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Crossing Through.

More unqie.

neko-nee

Aspiring Author
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How is it going? It's been kind of quiet

naokami

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice concept. It looks to be promising, cannot wait to see how well it develops.

Randommerade

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been on a short hiatus due to having summer classes, but we still need people! And the winner of the game title is *drumroll* "Crossing Through"! I am making a website shortly! We still need any and all help we can get on the game!

EDIT: Website's up though I'm still working on it, what do you guys think? I also made a Facebook page.

DOUBLE EDIT: Making a new website since I can't put a blog on Wix. D:

Randommerade

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Going to upload a new video soon!! Also, adding a new female side character!

EDIT: New website's up! The credits page is still a WIP so bear with me. (Keep in mind you won't get into the Credits page until you actually do something for the game)

DOUBLE EDIT: Uploaded a new video! Check it out on the front page or on the website! What do you think of it? What should the next video be about?

Randommerade

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A few updates!

First, I redrew Serena! I just didn't like her picture so here's the new one. Her new design is based off Death Note's Misa Amane, though she still has white hair and red eyes. (She loses her pigtails as she matures, and wears lolita style clothing.) Will be fixing her up more, then coloring her as soon as I get my scanner working, but for now here's a low-res picture taken with my phone. Trust me when I say it looks a million times better in real life (I've fixed it up and it's a full body picture, not just the top half of her)

I also added in the Relationship system, using V's Relationship Window script. It's simple, but perfect for me. Every time you meet someone, you gain a new relationship shown in the Relationships window. Interacting with the person will either increase or decrease your relationship with them. Currently, the only relationship in the game is your mom... ^^;;

Another new addition is the Japanese restaurant system! (Map still unfinished.) You can eat here once a day as long as you have the cash. Each dish increases one of your skills (Courage, Passion, Knowledge, Expression), and on certain days there is a special dish which increases 3 random skills (haven't implemented this part yet). This system was largely influenced by Persona 4's restaurant (which I have been playing a lot of lately) and me recently going to this Japanese noodle joint when visiting Boston yesterday.

Also, I'm thinking of instead of being able to pick from 3 different sprites and sticking with it, you start off with 1, and buy different outfits via the clothes store. Of course I'm almost hopeless with making sprites so someone would need to help me out with the different outfits.

I also made this huuuge house, but have no idea who's going to live in it. A rich character perhaps?

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Progress has been going on slowly but surely. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to make more terrible drawings~

EDIT: We have a title screen! (Thanks so much to Kds) I'm in love with it, it's so simple yet pretty which sums up the game. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hi people! I was wondering... Here in Brazil, we have a whats app group for we talk about rpg maker and our projects. A more informal way for we meet each other. Is there any whats app group out there? :)
Ksi
Streaming the Valentine games from the RMN Valentiny event! Drop by and say hi!
How many Vocalist is on this forums?
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3 followed by Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
I have at least three ongoing projects and I have no idea what to do with them.

Gotta love game dev.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabas