K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Who waaaaants resources! Reap the rewards of my madness.

7/31/2020 update: Completed my custom sprites, finished all 24 Actor faces, & finished editing Warm Sugar Gradients eyes to polish the file off. I've cut DS sprites; they'll return in another pack at later date.

Terms of use:
-Credit​
-Commercial & non-commercial OK​
-Edit and redistribute OK (again, with credit)​
-These are for MV specifically, but anything I make from scratch can be used on other platforms.​

MC4 Custom Sprites
There is nothing on this earth I hate more than the muscle baby MV character creator sprites, so a while ago (a...long while ago. This was a lot of work.) I took it upon myself to make my own assets. These will probably get their own post once I start making characters with them, of course.

As these are made to fit inside the generator, there are Male, Female, and Child versions of each sprite. Both walksprites are basically the same height.

Contains:
Super-Deformed
Same proportions as MV/MZ, but with a more unambiguously chibi art style. Good for rich details, makes custom animation simpler to pull off, very easy to edit Kadokawa generator parts to fit.

Cerberus
Classical proportions, a la RM2000. MUCH lower skill barrier for sprite artists, much easier to get work to look acceptable, overall simpler to work with. Less room for details like expressions or small decals, and they look pretty tiny next to MV's fit-to-tile objects. It's okay, though, I know we all parallax nowadays.

Tiny Tallsprites
Proportioned battlers that fit inside the default size box. Default weapons align with the characters, but they're quite large, and whether they fit depends on the item (sword looks huge and cartoonish, bow is a little bit misaligned, etc).
These are highly, HIGHLY animated, with double the poses/animations of the original battler sheets; thus, I've packaged .ase, .clip, .gif, and .psd files of the animations put together so it's simpler to work with.
While these battlers are comedically teensy, X2 will actually blow them up to the most appealing size possible; I've included a template with extra space around the character so there's room to draw in the weapons yourself, and thus you won't have to worry about RPG Maker's default weapon placement.
Sprite Reface Pack (With Generator templates)
Refaced (and in many cases overhauled) the default sprites, and made templates out of every face that can be dropped into the generator. Contains Male, Female, and Kid versions of each face; no difference between models save for Actor19's appearance on Kid (& all Kids having lower-set faces).

Comes with my Gradientpack by default.

TO DO:
  • Evil, People, & Nature Actor sheets
  • Scifi Actor sheets
  • Dark Fantasy Actor sheets/Templates
  • Sideview Battlers

Warm Sugar Gradients

Bright, colourful, but on the most part subtle hair, with a well-rounded selection of realistic skin tones (+ 4 extra unnatural skin colours).
Thanks to Falcon At & Komyu-sho for their excellent gradient sets that helped me figure out where to start with these.

Last edited:

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Just remembered I can technically distribute my gradient file that I use, so I...am doing that! Complete with previews. It's pretty rich, altogether; pink may be a bit overrepresented, but I feel the Energy of different kinds of pink hair is radically different, similar to blue. Went out of my way to do dark brown because I remember seeing a complaint about that once. Black is unfortunately really intense without hair highlights; I wanted it to look nice with the darkest possible skin shade. The sprites look great, trust me.

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The refacing looks great! Very anime.

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The refacing looks great! Very anime.
Glad you think so, because the first batch is done! Setting up the generator parts was a little more involved than expected, but its all put together now.

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great job on the resources you posted.

Can't wait to see the Dark Fantasy SV_Actor templates.

Pearl484

Sweetly Spiked Flower
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait, so if I use the gradients, do I only credit you or do I credit the other two artists as well?

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait, so if I use the gradients, do I only credit you or do I credit the other two artists as well?
I credited because its what I based my file on and it's basic etiquette, but...they're only colours. :p

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated with new DS templates.

Last edited:

IndigoSwift

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! Where you showed an example of the gradients skin tones, the last row with more unrealistic face color is a part of the gradient right? It does not pop up on the face section of the generator.

water221

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your custom eyes are really nice.

Pearl484

Sweetly Spiked Flower
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time finding out where to download the soft default and mz faces? Am I missing something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who knew a adding menu commands would be so hard for something that should be a basic feature.
When you discover great tileset resources that you completely forgot that you had. :kaomad3::kaopride:
Just got a better look at the MZ RTP. I'm very happy with it, especially the sci-fi tiles and sprites. Glad I pre-ordered.
I've just checked the VisuStella Plugins for MZ and there are already 11 plugins. The Yanfly team(perhaps a big one?) really works so effectively and efficiently that some MZ users can likely use tons of Yanfly plugins right after MZ's released (still 13 days from now). I wonder if any other plugin developer(or team) will try to compete with Yanfly this time, no matter how slim the chance to win is :)
Hello! :kaopride:I am new to RPG Maker, though I have been lurking the forums for a while. :kaoswt: Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff here! :kaothx:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerreh