Crucible Gaming
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Crucible's Collectibles v1.02
Crucible Gaming

v1.01: Fixed compatibility issue with a few plugins.
v1.02 Added terms of use. TL;DR Creative Commons Attribution/No-Derivs

Introduction
Crucible's Collectibles is a collectibles system for RPG Maker MZ. It features a robust collectibles system including collectible name masking, and showing/hiding collectibles. This is a great system to bring players into your world by showing lore or by providing fun collectibles.

Features
  • Add collectibles to a new RPG window: The collectibles menu
    • Add descriptions and images to make your collectibles come to life.
  • Mask unfound collectibles. They'll show up in your menu as '??????'
  • Completely hide/show collectibles. This is great for a system where the player shouldn't even know the collectible exists until they find out more information about it.

Screenshots & Video

Drinks.png

Goblin.jpg

How to Use
Add to your plugins folder. View the help file which will get you all set up! If you are using Visustella's plugins make sure this one is above option core, or there will be a bug inside option core.

Plugin Commands / Script Calls
Show collectible menu - Shows the collectible menu.
hide/show collectible- Changes the mask of the collectible (masked collectibles will show as '????'
learn/unlearn collectible - Completely hides or shows a collectible.

Terms
If this plugin is obtained legally (downloaded from an official source, such at the ones listed here), you may use it commercially. You may edit the code for personal use, but may not distribute this code either in its original or modified form.

Download
Itch.io: https://crucible-gaming.itch.io/crucibles-collectibles

Last edited:

Logica

Let's go to paradise!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very original! I liked that man!

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not ready to dip into MZ plug-ins yet but this looks really cool. Nice job!

florodude

Crucible Gaming
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks y'all:) And @Quexp , who knows, maybe it'll have another feature or two by the time you're ready to jump in.

Halcy0n

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is this free for commercial use? I didn't see terms anywhere.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Cool, I could probably use this in my game for my Notes system. Nice work!

florodude

Crucible Gaming
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll add terms asap, my bad. Free for commercial use. Free to edit code for personal use but please don't repost the code in any form. I'll add terms as soon as I get back to my comp. Glad the system works for you!

EDIT: Terms have been included.

Last edited:

SoCalAshez

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
is there a way to make this function with Visustella Menu?

florodude

Crucible Gaming
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I heard that there was an issue with compatibility. I will try to figure this out ASAP. It's their option core plugin that this isn't working with, isn't it?

EDIT: Place my plugin above Option Core to fix the bug.

SoCalAshez

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That totally worked, thank you! I also had to have at least 1 collectible set up for the menu to appear, silly me.
I did want to ask if you had any suggestion in how to to set it up so player can know how many collectibles are in like say a big city?
Kind of want that effect that there are 10 collectibles to find in City A and 10 in City B, so people don't randomly wander around wondering where they can't find more collectibles or know when they collected all of them for an area.
My idea is have a collectible called "City A - 10 collectibles" then the description for that that says there are ten collectible to be found in City A, and the image is of a map of the city maybe. Then have the 10 ???????? underneath that and go from there. and then have collectible #12 be "City B - 10 Collectibles" and rise and repeat. Then on load up of new game, put the event that those collectibles (the category titles) are already found. Do you have a better suggestion?

Thank You!

florodude

Crucible Gaming
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The way you have it set up sounds like it'd work well. Have the collectibles set to hide on start, so they all show up as '???', then just unhide the "category" collectibles from the get-go!

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@florodude Looks cool (and I especially like those beverage pictures)! Please be sure to add the Terms of Use to your initial post, as we require that when posting resources (including plugins). For example, whether people may use your plugin in commercial projects, whether it is OK to redistribute your plugin, and what you would like to be credited as (or whether credit is necessary at all). Thank you!

florodude

Crucible Gaming
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alright, I added a tl;dr of terms on here. Full terms also in the plugin!

Vayl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome work!

Is there a plan for collectible categories? For possibly using this as a lore like section.

ie The first time you find a painting it unlocks a category for here's X total painting collectibles in game, You find a note and poof here's X number of notes hidden in the game.

And I may be an idiot but watched the youtube video, I can see the event trigger to grant the collectible, is there alternative ways as well? ie the first time you defeat monster X, an entry is added for that mob in a rogues gallery like section.

PaladinBirdy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The image is rendering with its transform being on its left edge, making it the left edge be directly in the center and the rest of the image cutting off the screen. How do I fix this? (The image is the recommended size)

TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love this so much

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm also having the issue where the image is drawing from the edge instead of the center. I set the images to the correct dimensions. If there was a function to change the anchor point it would help a lot.

florodude

Crucible Gaming
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm also having the issue where the image is drawing from the edge instead of the center. I set the images to the correct dimensions. If there was a function to change the anchor point it would help a lot.
I'll take a look at this. Would you mind sending a screenshot of the problem, and a file download for the image in question?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here are the images and a screenshot.

I believe the issue is that the menu frame is bound to the menusize, but the image is being centered off the screen resolution.card_issue.png

Attachments

• cardframes_01.png
    cardframes_01.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 1

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Have Defeated Enemy Join Party as Actor, Show Passage Status, & MZ-Chan Art | RPG Maker News #107

My outfit at Metrocon. It was fun.
Manafinder got featured in an Upcoming Indie RPGs video alongside other great RPG Maker (and not RPG Maker) games!

Frostorm wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey bro, hmu if you're around...I really need your help. >.<
Working hard to keep master @ImaginaryVillain 's sparkles on stock! :kaodes:
A3lgj8H.jpg

Hopefully this will please him enough to give us our beds back...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoogle