RMMV CRUX update- Basic Prototype

Mime

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This prototype contains little in in terms of move set, items and enemies. I was more focused on the artwork and tiles. The protagonist design is not finalized yet, but I have a rough idea of what I want, he will have a deteriorating body and have some torn royal garments. His helmet is actually welded onto his head as a punishment.
The world he inhabits is not real-life. He was cursed and sent into another dimension, his real self is youngish (teenager) but betrayed by a royal mage. There are things that are still undecided but I have a rough idea of what I want. Unlike my last game, I plan on using more MV assets to make up for my short comings i.e music and battle animations. I hope to make this game at least 3 hours long.

I hope on releasing this game at the end of the year.The mediafire link is at the top of this post.001.png002.png003.png004.png

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your character art style looks pretty cool. The maps seem a bit off, the sharp edges of block maps just don't mesh well with your art style, IMO.

Mime

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your character art style looks pretty cool. The maps seem a bit off, the sharp edges of block maps just don't mesh well with your art style, IMO.
True. I never finished the ice level yet, but the red sky level has a section of finished tiles. I just chose the wrong jpeg to show - the game is nowhere near complete, but I want to have a polished demo/level soon. If you would like to see the finished tiles, it's in the demo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Been so busy lately that I wonder if I should slowly start preparing the advent calendar resources so I have enough in december.
Man, I wish it was harder for mean d-holes to make me feel like crying.
Made 8 games. Was aiming for 20. Gonna go for 40. Because 20 + 20. /Bed.
Got myself card game plugin, its bit laggy but worth it
Finally made battler stuff for my last character...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoyasilk