Lord Roy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Getting this error whenever I try to battle test, this is actually a crucial script for the License Board. Both scripts are from Crystal Engines website. So anyone got any idea why the script is acting this way. My theory on why it's doing this must have something to do with the map since it mentions map info. I wanna try solving the issue without removing the script altogether. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• info.PNG
    info.PNG
    2.4 KB · Views: 4
  • info2.PNG
    info2.PNG
    9.6 KB · Views: 4

Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I believe this belongs in script support.

$data_mapinfos isn't loaded in test battles.
You'll need to run your tests in a new game.

Lord Roy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe this belongs in script support.

$data_mapinfos isn't loaded in test battles.
You'll need to run your tests in a new game.
So if I run it in a new game it should fix the error? As a battle process event correct?

Last edited:

Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It should circumvent that particular error, but it will always occur during test battles so long as you maintain your current setup.
It's very easy to test, so I figured you'd give it a try before following up. :blink:
((because of the rules in regard to double positing))

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lord Roy
A lot of scripts store part of their data in the savefiles - that is needed because otherwise most scripts couldn't save their settings and working data.
But this data is usually only created by a "new game" on the title screen.

The error you're getting (any "undefined for NIL") basically tells you that the script tries to access data that does not exist, usually because the data hasn't been created with a new game. This is a very common error if you add a new script and then try to load an older savefile that does not contain the data the script needs.

Whenever you add a script, you need to start a new game and ignore or delete all older savefiles, or you risk those errors.

The other cause for this error are incompatible scripts or a script configured wrong.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

AeroPergold wrote on LUKElcs's profile.
Its-a me, Pergold from Gamejolt!
I added footstep sounds to our content that I posted in a previous thread. I was unable to edit the post, so if you're interested, see below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.
RyanYe wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Your art works about Wyrvens and Dragons are sooooooooo cooooooooool~! I like them so bad
Can you create more? like Archangels, Devils, Titans, Cyclops!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yam655