hikarushirou

Nekomimi NEET
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Background
Crystal Eye is a game I made sometime in 2007 with Don Miguel’s translation of RPG Maker 2000. After playing a Sailor Moon and Yami no Matsuei one, I wanted to make one myself. Later I transferred it to 2003 and tried to in XP but that didn't work right. Many years later I discovered the newest system, VX Ace and thought “Hey, why not remake Crystal Eye with it?” So I did.

But now that I understand more about games (and the system) I wanted to try and expand on the game. Originally I just made a simple little ‘demo’ that I just pulled out of thin air. Was basically throwing sprites, words and tiles together in what I thought was a nice combo. I want to try and make it into an actual game, this time, that people will play since I’m a huge gamer and would love to one day work in the industry. Even if it’s just one or two of my friends.

Story
In reality I don't have a synopsis/story for this game. I'm still trying to decide what that is... As stated above, the demo is just a literal remake of what I did years ago. I'm plenty willing to get help from someone who's more of a writer than me. I'm more an artist...

Story so far (what's in the demo): You play as Theia, a powerful mage searching for the Crystal Eye. She likes to collect ancient artifacts and was told the general location of this item by her King. There, she meets her old time friend Alissa, a young maiden warrior. The two band together and find the Crystal Eye only to lose track of it mysteriously and wind up in Theia's kingdom. Once there the two team up with a thief in hopes of ridding the kingdom of a Frost Dragon who decided to take up residence. The demo ends once you've defeated the Frost Dragon.

Characters

• Theia
    Powerful diviner who searches the world of ancient artifacts and ways to better her magic. Rarely talks about herself or her past, has tried to leave it behind her..
  • Alissa
    Young warrior who has known Theia since she was little. Like her parents before her, she became a soldier but has abandoned her duties in favour of travelling.
  • C'rie
    Theif hired by Lord Brynn to aide Theia and Alissa on their quest. Harsh and to the point.
  • Enide
    ​A physical manifestation of the magic sealed away 90,000 years ago by the 7 Mages of Old.
Screenshots
1-2.png 3-2.png

♦ Download ♦
There are MIDI files (I have yet to look for a converter that makes them
loop and not sound terrible) so a small hang time may occur.

Credits
BGM/SE/ME
  • RPG Maker 2000, 2003 and VXAce
ScriptingImagesContact: Skype, Gmail & tumblr @ hikarushirou

Last edited by a moderator:

Razzazaki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Dosen't it have a story at all yet?

hikarushirou

Nekomimi NEET
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure what it is entirely. Other than the usual "heroes on a mission to saaave the worrld~". I have some brainstorming ideas I'm bouncing off two of my friends who are more of a writer than me in TitanPad. Otherwise, on my own I just kinda BS it. Throwing things together and hopefully they make sense.

Like painting blindly I guess. I know what I want it to be, just not sure how to get there (if that makes sense).

Euphoria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The text is unreadable... I'd suggest making it bigger. I got annoyed after reading 2 lines...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Based on this screenshot alone, which one would you sell, and which to equip?
Some random sketch-letons.

I have a strong urge to make a tutorial video of all the random things I've learned since starting on my game. little helpful tips and stuff that may help people.
Do you guys think it's better to have all members in your team from the beginning (then you can pick who battles) or you gain team members as the story goes?
PL: Patch polonizujący do RPG Makera 2003 prawie gotowy! Mamy przetłumaczoną bazę danych (projekt), polskie fonty, wiadomości walki i jakieś 90% edytora.
Do przetłumacznia pozostało te 10% edytora i plik pomocy. Niedługo więcej informacji!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerilate