CTR_Engine v2.4(now with DEMO) for 3d or just isometric tilemap

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Jogo78, Dec 13, 2018.

1. firelad

firelad Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Amazing! Your fix worked. However, the camera is too wonky, when I move, the camera is pushed in the direction of where I am moving. I do not like that, how can I fix that?

Also, events seem to overlap the characters when one is next to it with the event priority set to 'Same as characters'. That seems to be a glitch.

Thank you so much for this plugin!

2. Hyouryuu-Na

Hyouryuu-Na Poker-faced creepy girl Veteran

First Language:
    Bangla
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks a lot for the Demo ^^

Jogo78 likes this.
  3. Jogo78

Jogo78 Blood Cloud Studio Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Disable shift X and Y Input and scale when dash :)

4. firelad

firelad Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Dashing isn't an issue here, I liked it. What I mean was normal moving, camera get pushed in the direction of the arrow I press. Can that be removed? See GIF below for an example.

[​IMG]

EDIT: There's another reason why I dislike camera while moving normally:
    [​IMG]

Seems to be a glitch.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  5. Jogo78

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just answered this question... I’m trying with a drawing:
    Shift.png

6. firelad

firelad Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh, thank you. Sorry I misunderstood you. It's all good now! Now I can just figure out how everything else works. :)

Jogo78 likes this.
  7. Hyouryuu-Na

First Language:
    Bangla
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for putting so much effort into making this wonderful plugin. If you don't mind, can you please see if there's any way it can be made compatible with Qmovement ( https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QMovement ) It has some nice features that I wanted to use, but sadly it's not compatible. It's alright if you don't have any plans for that , I'm just asking.

EDIT: I also discovered that Khas Lighting isn't compatible too T_T My project is impossible without it. The problem is that the lights aren't bound to the map. As player moves, the lights move in a weird way. Please, see if there's any way to use it with your plugin: http://arcthunder.blogspot.com/p/khas-advanced-lighting.html

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  8. Jogo78

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Ah ah khas lighting it's my problem too... But for quxios i'm patch with level ground... It's complicate to use and i'm decide to not post because i've lose more time for my personnal project! Sorry...

Guh_Walker likes this.
  9. Hyouryuu-Na

First Language:
    Bangla
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's alright :) Qmovement wasn't even that much necessary for me. I will need to find a replacement for Khas Lighting though...

10. Jogo78

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm add pixi-light but I've not succesful add pixi-shadow, I'm abandoned... Sorry...

For my project I've decide to not use CTR_Engine,
    It's a Online TDS (Top Down Shooter)!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Hyouryuu-Na likes this.
  11. teeobi

teeobi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    what game is this?

12. Krystek_My

Krystek_My Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @teeobi I think you should PM him and don't writing it on plugin topic if its not about it.

teeobi likes this.
  13. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @teeobi Please do not derail a thread with off-topic queries, especially when they are not addressed to the OP.

14. safermike

safermike Warper Member

First Language:
    swedish
    Hi, Im experimenting with this and I have a few questions.

1. In standard rpg maker mv , all sprite sheets can be made as tall or wide as you want, given you use $ before the name.
    In order to have a stable fixated object here , you need to use + or ! The question is how do I combine large sprites with the + prefix?
    Example !$ or +$name.png
    Edit: By using !$+name.png it seems to be fixated, however as an object it is distorted.

Follow up question. How do I make normal objects not be distorted when rotating camera. and simple let it stay fixed?

2. How do I remove the Q and E from the key input command? So it does not turn camera?

3. Can you adjust the size of the tilset so its not set at 48x48? So the walls appear to be bigger?
    Edit: By going to database and and setting Terrain Tag higher like 2 or 3 It appears to be bigger.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  15. Jogo78

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Please make an effort,
    I added all these features for you,
    Then read old posts :

1 - The "+" create wall object and yes is fixed in relation to the camera.

2 - Set Camera H (Horizontal) Input to Disable in Plugins manager.

3 - Sorry but is not the purpose of the plugin.

Ps : I hope to have answered all your questions ;)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    AestheticGamer likes this.
  16. safermike

safermike Warper Member

First Language:
    swedish
    Hello! No you did not answer my questions except for the 3rd, but technically I found a workaround.
    I found answers to them myself while experimenting and while looking at earlier post, can be seen by the Edit:

These was the questions:

Follow up question. How do I make normal objects not be distorted when rotating camera. and simple let it stay fixed?

Explanation: When you rotate camera your objects also rotates. this is ok for trees or bushes and that can be ok no matter the angle, but for a bed for example or a table it starts be a bit messy. I saw a picture you implented a moving hand, How did you do that? I would like to know how to rotate an object like you did while it stays fixated and facing same direction, even while turning camera.

and
    2. How do I remove the Q and E from the key input command? So it does not turn camera?

Explanation: I do not wish to turn off the camera function completely, I just want to remove a few keyboard input or simple choose myself. Still using pagedown and pageup but Not Q and E.

I hope I clarified my thoughts here.

17. Jogo78

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1 - Use a modified version of grid free doodads by yanfly:
    http://yanfly.moe/2016/09/17/yep-11...tKmmBYRCoGD1D_lzowauBfeqn4V6o1AvoNOwPrIErxy8I
    Explanation: Convert the canvas of the mouse("tilemap".applyInverse()), translate sprite to sprite3d("sprite".convertTo3d(), and "sprite".position3d.set(x, y, z)) and add fonction "sprite".getDepth() to "sprite".z.
    PS: Unfortunately the hand was added in the giff, logically I do not need to specify that rpg maker mv does not manage 3d elements but with some trick we can imitate him!

2 - Refer to help -> "Input List" : "Number key", instead of "Rpg Maker key".
    Explanation: Set "Positive Input H" to "33"(delete "pageup") and "Negative Input H" to "34"(delete "pagedown").

RespectWomen likes this.
  18. Mizukitron

Mizukitron Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I want to thank you Jogo for making this incredible plugin! I've seen a couple of plugins try to do this before, but this one is the smoothest so far!

Anyone else who has been using this plugin may, like me, want to use direction keys instead of mouse controls. This is a bit of a problem due to the rotation - since I am a dumb who does not know javascript, I evented a really basic fix that kind of works from the initial angle:

Note: Galvs PixelMove is used for this as it has Diagonal Movement included and smooths out an issue I mention at the end.

The out-of-the-box angle offsets things at a 45 degree angle as others have mentioned - this makes arrow keys move you 'diagonally' as the map has rotated, but the person playing the game, has not. I found it easier to think of all the 8 directions like on a D-Pad and what you enter, translates to one move anti-clockwise (eg: up on the keyboard feels like up-left on the screen)

So it is just about taking in what the player presses - thinking about how that is 'misrepresented' on the screen - and then having a parallel event see this and correct for it. The image here is an example for all the 'up' scenarios - Up, UpLeft and Up Right.

It checks if you are pressing Up on its own or Up and either Right or Left and compensates by moving the player with a Move Route command that looks correct in game.

(eg: The player is pressing Up and Left so MV does a Move Route for 'Move Left' which looks like UpLeft in game)

Repeat this for Down, DownRight, DownLeft, Right, RightUp, RightDown, Left, LeftUp and LeftDown - I have this as 4 events so I don't get everything mixed up, you could have it all in one event though.

It's not perfect, but it lets you move with arrow keys in a way that makes sense relative to the screen, you just get a bit of judder as MV is having to run those events and course-correct for key presses every frame. Also when you move diagonally this way there is a tiny move after you let go of the keys as it finishes a full step of the normal directions (up, down, left or right) as it can't seem to resolve any other way. Just using Diagonal Movement this is quite exaggerated after you have let go of the key, its still there but not as bad with PixelMove.

This would probably be way easier if you know JS and could just dip in and tell it where and when to change the directions, but i'm stumped there!

Anyone else found anything fun experimenting with this plugin?

Attached Files:

AestheticGamer likes this.
  19. Jogo78

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I do not take care of this plugin anymore by the way I have a patch with QMovement of quxios for this and other for level ground but as I do not know JS I will not share it.

20. RespectWomen

RespectWomen Acoustic Child Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Will you be releasing the modified doodads?