HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Disclaimer: This game contains some sexual elements, but they are mostly implied. One important thing to take into account is that this game features polyamory and polygamy. If you have strong feelings against these ideas, this game is likely not for you. Furthermore, the nature of the plot involves fictional politics and religious viewpoints that some may or may not agree with. Finally, a very strong WARNING: this game explores the topics of depression and attempted suicide. If you are easily triggered by such topics, do not, I repeat, DO NOT play this game!​

Hello! You've probably seen several threads as of late about this project. We are finally in a stage to accept new members of our team.

Engine: RMVXA

Synopsis:
Our game is a farming game that's inspired by both Stardew Valley and My Time At Portia in terms of mechanics and game style. In terms of story, however, well...

Our game begins with the concept of Psi: the ability to use psychic and psychokinetic abilities. The use of Psi, no matter the method, is collectively called Psicraft. There are three methods of using Psicraft: Psionics, Magecraft, and Ki-Mastery. Psions, those who practice the method of Psionics, use their abilities without the aid of mnemonics or other codified rituals, gestures, or triggering phrases. They simply will something to happen, and it happens. Examples of popular characters who would qualify as Psions would be Jean Grey or Professor Xavier. Mages, those who practice the method of Magecraft, trigger their abilities through the use of mnemonics, rituals, codified gestures and/or phrases, and/or props. Examples of popular characters who would qualify as Mages would be Dr. Strange, Raistlin, and Kethryveris. Ki-Masters, those who practice Ki-Mastery, are masters of manipulating energy to improve themselves physically, mentally, and spiritually. Example character types who would qualify as Ki-Masters would be monks from Dungeons & Dragons and Adepts from Shadowrun.

In this world, Psis have several jobs, or classes, to choose from: Cleric/Physical Healer, Bard/Mind Healer, Warrior, Berserker, Rogue, Ranger, Psion, Mage, and Ki-Master-- though Ki-Masters are normally only found in the Northern Region, and this class typically isn't available in the Southern Region. These classes have three rankings: Apprentice, Journeyman, and Master. A tradition common among all classes is that, once Journeyman level is reached, the new Journeyman has the option to go on Journey, which can last anywhere from 10 to 20 years, depending on where and what group of people the specific Journeyman in question hails from. At the end of Journey, a Master of that class will judge the Journeyman's experiences and determine if the Journeyman has earned the rank of Master.

You play a character from the Southern Region who is about to go on Journey. Wanting to combine your love of adventure with your love of working the land, you volunteer to be a colonist on a fairly large island that was already settled by peoples from the Northern Region. Your job is to not only work the land and explore what this island has to offer, but to win over the settlers and talk them into letting others from the Southern Region come and settle and share the land with those of the Northern Region.

As with Stardew Valley and My Time At Portia, while it comes off as light and friendly, there are dark elements to the game. And, in fact, the main storyline in the game reaches a dark point when you face off with the main antagonist.

Positions/Roles Needed:
Mapper/Tileset Artist: We need someone who is capable of mapping, parallax or regular. Someone to make or edit tilesets would also be preferable, though someone who can map is our top priority. -- Mapping role filled. Still looking for tileset artist.
Assistant Eventer: I'm the lead eventer for this project, however, I do get very busy at times. I'll need someone to fill in for me when things get too long for me. -- Filled
Databaser: I'm absolutely horrible at handling the database, so we'll likely need someone to handle items, skills, etc.
Balancer: Our game uses an ABS, and will need someone who knows how to balance enemy stats well. -- Filled
Scripter: Currently, we have a fair amount of scripts that we found on our own, but we'll likely need someone to tweak some scripts and possibly make some others. -- no longer high priority
Assistant spriter: Our game has a lot of sprites due to the character customization system, and we've recently realized it's probably going to be tons of work for Keeper to do by herself.
Sprite animator(lower priority): We'd like someone to make some sprite animations for our player and enemy battlers, as neither of us have the degree of experience needed to make them look good.

My Role(s)/Position(s): The roles in this game are currently divided among the two of us. Here's roughly what all we're contributing.
TheKeeper: Story, Sprites
Me: Portraits, GUI, Music, Events

Both: Lead Developer, Lead Designer --- Roles in italics are ones we are willing to trade

Screenshots:
Screenshot (216).png
Screenshot (217).png

Edit: Updated roles.

Last edited:

TheKeeper

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here is some additional information concerning our game, if you're interested.

STORYLINE/PLOT
You play a character from the Southern Region who is about to go on Journey. Wanting to combine your love of adventure with your love of working the land, you volunteer to be a colonist on a fairly large island that was already settled by peoples from the Northern Region. Your job is to not only work the land and explore what this island has to offer, but to win over the settlers and talk them into letting others from the Southern Region come and settle and share the land with those of the Northern Region.

But this task is not an easy one. For one thing, you are a Southerner, and Southerners have built up a bad reputation with those from the North. You see, many Southerners have a hatred for those of the Daemon Folk, calling them demons who corrupt and violate mortals for their own twisted ends. While, truthfully, there do exist Cacodaemons who have been known to cause trouble and heartache for others, most Daemon Folk are like everyone else: they simply want to have good lives and to be surrounded by people they love and who love them in return. Unfortunately, many of those of the Southern Nations would hear none of it, and they have openly accused those of the North as being misled and corrupted by the Daemon Folk that they've allowed in their midst. More, those in the Southern Nations who hold these beliefs have made it their personal missions to "free" the "wretched slaves in the North" of Daemons, and have conducted raids into the North that have resulted in entire villages being wiped out, or "cleansed," as the raiders put it. Many of the colonists on this island are Daemon Folk who have been harmed by such raiding, and they have plenty of reason to distrust you and outright fear you.

Adding to this distrust is the presence of Southern evangelists hoping to "peacefully" convert the non-Daemon Folk of the island to accept their gods and rise up against their "demon oppressors." While they have not been violent towards the Northern colonists, they have been rather insulting and patronizing towards them. These colonists are afraid that you are just one more of such people hoping to "convert and save" the Northerners.

To complicate matters further, just as you finally get to know islanders as regular people, a mysterious malady begins to spread among the colonists, Daemon and non-Daemon alike, leaving them physically weak and mentally despondent to the point of attempting suicide. The evangelists gleefully point to the sinful ways of the colonists as being the source of the malady, but the physical and mental healers of the island quickly dismiss this hypothesis. Instead, they are able to discern that something is feeding on the colonists' hopes and dreams, but what, or who, could it be, and can they find the culprit before the colonists are drained dry and left for dead?

SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT
  • Concerning Psi

In this world, most people have Psi abilities, though not everyone trains extensively in them to belong to any of the traditional classes associated with Psis. Rather, most know enough to be able to make use of the various enchanted objects that serve as part of the technology within this world. Two of the most notable forms of enchanted technology come in the form of storage items and environmental and hygiene maintaining clothing.

The first of these two, the storage items, are items that are linked to the user and an interdimensional storage space. They can come in the form of backpacks, storage bins, and even bracelets. The user need merely think of the item they need from the storage space, and it appears in their hands. Conversely, they need only think of their items as neatly put away in the storage space, and it disappears to be stored in another dimension created specifically for the purposes of storage, where it will remain in stasis until it is called out of that space for use. How big this storage space is, as well as the form it takes and the many security features it possesses to ensure that another cannot steal one's belongings depends, of course, entirely on how much money one is willing to spend on such an item. People have often wondered what would happen if a person should end up in such a storage space, but as of yet, there is no record of anyone willing, for the sake of science, to personally find out for themselves, nor is there any record of anyone having been able to convince others to discover this in their stead. Perhaps, one day, records will be discovered, or some brave person of the future will be consumed with so much curiosity that they will be willing to be the one to provide an answer to a very interesting mystery.

The other of the items is clothing enchanted to provide its wearer with comfortable temperatures, a shielding bubble against the rain, a constantly clean body, and the means to dispose of, erm, personal waste at any moment when it is needed, complete with odor and other protections to ensure that no one is aware that such intimate bodily functions are taking place. And this is only the basic version of the outfit that all peoples are given by their respective kingdoms! Again, if one wishes for further features and/or clothing that more closely expresses one's individuality, one must be willing to lighten one's own pockets!

The pervasive use of Psi for these and other items has had a lasting effect, in that most people don't age past the prime of their youth. Indeed, the oldest the average person will look is their early thirties, but they could be at least a century or more older! Of course, there are exceptions to this rule, and for a variety of reasons, from Psi abilities simply not being strong enough to halt the aging process, to the individual actually wishing, for whatever reason, to age. When the reasons are the former, there are solutions! Namely, the person can go to a physical healer and have their aging process reversed--for a fee, of course!

DOWNLOAD LINK
Here's a copy of the prototype we put together for our farming game. It has several of the features we're looking to put into the actual game, and it will serve as our testing ground for further features we may decide to add. Hopefully, this gives you an idea of the kind of game we're trying to create. Please keep in mind that this is just a prototype, not a complete game, meant to demonstrate what we intend. The actual game will be far different and much more polished! Otherwise: Enjoy!

Last edited:

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Bumping because we really need people.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I had a real quick glance on the demo thingy you attached and two things kinda bugged me to begin with (both visual) :

1) the screen is extremely crowded with information. it takes up a good chunk of the screen actually I would advice streamlining this down.
2) the character-sprite is literally as tall as most houses.... Now I know this is just a prototype so I'm sure you will address this but yeah it annoyed me lol

Haven't really tried out anything mechanics wise yet due to lack of time but once I have I will get back to you :)

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you're referring to the variable HUD thing, we put that in strictly for testing purposes. That's not going to be there in the actual game.
With the character sprites, the maps are all placeholder. We have a mapper right now who's making some custom ones for us which will probably be scaled up a bit to accommodate the sprite size.
I appreciate the feedback.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've edited the title, as we're now in a pretty good position to trade our skills. Keeper is a good writer and editor, and I'm an eventer, GUI artist and composer. Hopefully this will make it more worthwhile.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Quick bump to update the required roles.

SirBiscuit

Adventurer looking for work
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you need any in-game help I might be able to help your project

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Of course. What's your skillset?

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Bumpicus maximus. We still need a spriter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

• Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do Yu Gi Oh main characters manage to always pull out the right card? I keep loosing duels due to not getting any monsters to defend myself :(
    Started playing Danganronpa 3 in French - Eyes started bleeding in less than 5 minutes - Installed English text instead.
    Why, translator, whyyyy???
    -_- Now we have punishments for skipping meals, specially breakfast. At least let me sleep on Fridays -_-
    colorize an old sketch

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tzimisce0573