Curious 11 (What is a strange habit or habits you have?)

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So--I think we're all friendly enough... what's a strange habit or habits you have?

I for instance--have to wash my hands all the time. People call it OCD--I call it keeping clean and not getting sick. I don't like dirty hands, and I also don't like shaking people's hands because I have this tic that people's hands are inherently unclean. I'll still do it... but it makes me uncomfortable every time.

I also don't like eating with my hands. I'll use a fork, spoon, spork, the end of a knife--what ever I have to--but I don't like using my hands. Some things you can't avoid, like a burger, fries (though--I have eaten a burger/fries with forks/knives before) or ice cream cone... but everything else--I need a utensil. My girl (and others before her) have laughed when I eat ribs... I'll use a fork to hold it down, and peel the meat with a knife, then fork it and eat.

If I eat a bag of chips... I'll crush them up in the bag, and eat them by pouring the contents within my mouth. I don't touch them.

Probably a very strange habit--but I find the thought of germs invading me very gross.

I also like to assign numbers to things... betcha wouldn't a guessed.

Last edited:

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well--yeah... but I mean bad external germs.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, that's sisyphos's work to wash your hands all the time. Human's body is a petri dish. You're full of bacteria all the time and the moment you touch something, you can start again. I don't wash my hands as often as you and I'm healthy too, because my immune system has been properly trained. I'm tremendously infectuous though and when I am sick, it's dangerous to be around me.

My probably strangest habit is making random noises or sounds or talking to myself... All the time. Or making fun of things that shouldn't be funny, because I have a very sour humour.

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I rarely get sick myself... it does happen, but nothing too severe. *knock on wood* Suppose that's why it's a strange habit I have.

but yes--I can totally picture you making noises and talking to yourself.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Human's body is a petri dish. You're full of bacteria all the time and the moment you touch something, you can start again.

and that, is why I gave up trying.

and, if you think about it, cleaning yourself so often only makes the body *not* react with those germs long enough and *not* build defenses against them.
.....yes, you might be in a constant state of "imperceptibly sick" rather than "healthy as a weightlifter", but on the flip side, you're a walking medicine lab.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you have time, maybe you can try to watch Aoyama-Kun.

As for mine.
I have a weird internal body clock that always wakes me up around 3 AM to 5 AM regardless the sleep time. During the duration, I'm unable to sleep until maybe 6:30 AM. If I continue to awake from the late night without sleeping up to around those hours, I will be developing insomnia, with an extra headache. It was uncomfortable. So I never put all-nighter, instead, I usually sleep early and wakes up early. Sometimes even wake up at mid-night

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well prepare to be grossed out further. I bite myself between the thumb and index finger of my left hand whenever I get frustrated. A tick I've had since childhood and never completely grown out of (though it's rarer now than it has been). If you ever see me draw blood while doing this (though this has only happened twice, and not since I was a teenager) then I'm probably about to start throwing punches.

I also talk to myself, or my pets, a lot. But that's less of a 'strange habit' and more of a consequence of being a misanthrope as I see it.

Last edited:

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I talk to myself a lot and pace. I don't have friends to hash things out with so when i have a problem i talk it out to find a solution since being in my head just creates a closed loop cycle.

Sometimes if a problem is especially tough, i toss a stuffed toy around while coming up with possible solutions . It seems like seeing a physical representation bouncing around unblocks the cycle and frees me to propose wild ideas.

If i drive my family nuts pacing, i go outside and have an earpiece in so it looks like I'm on the phone. I had too many calls on me by folks thinking i lost my marbles. =_=

When i had my doggo, she was my fuzzy child and i treated her as such. I don't personally have children but between my siblings i have a rugby team and though i was the cool auntie, at least i could send them back. I hated when the kids wanted to stay with me. I tell them all the time i can't stand them and they're like we know you love us auntie @_@ i can't win with those goofy kids...

As for other strange habits, i can't discuss them here.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yay! Someone did a playthrough of my game. :D

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tembabavuma11