Curious 2 (Any other paranormal witnesses/enthusiasts?)

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by samkfj, Oct 25, 2018.

1. samkfj

samkfj Bug Powder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Very curious... y'all ever--see things you couldn't explain, hear things you couldn't identify, or felt something that shouldn't have been there? Or--maybe have a liking for stories people share about their experiences?

Do ya believe?--or maybe not? Let's talk about it.

2. samkfj

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No one else believes? No aliens? No ghosts? Well--I wanna share this with y'all.

This is a story I sent to youtuber Be Busta. This is my story of growing up in a haunted house, and being around things I could never explain. Believe it or not, but I can only say--something happened to me, and sometimes... it still does.

PS: The description is wrong. I'm male, but he uploaded it thinking I was female. :p

3. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    My big brother said he had witnessed many cases of paranormal phenomenon. And personally while I never witness any of them, I do believe they exist. Although I take them for granted. They could either real and live in another dimension (Search for 4D theories out there), or just magnetic field that tricks your brain.

Either way, believing them or witnessing them is like you were seeing an alien, but no one is there. All you could do is to tell a story without a proof. You could either drunk, or actually experienced it. And it's up to the listener to decide to believe you or not.

Philosophus Vagus and samkfj like this.
  4. samkfj

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Always, Theo. I am indeed the type to "want to believe."

It's been a long while since I've witnessed anything... but I do ask myself if a lot of the things I've seen were the result of overactive imagination--or if something really wanted me to see it. I don't disbelieve anyone--I believe someone if they say they've witnessed something, might not have been anything supernatural... but something enough for them to wanna share.

Know what I mean? It's crazy.

EDIT: I do have to say--that house I used to live in; was surrounded by high frequency electrical towers and relays. To this day, I believe if anything, that might have had something to do with it. Whether it was supernatural in origin or not--that I will never be able to know.

5. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You know some people who claim to have seen things, according to my brother who do, usually also seen the same thing. The question is whether it's actually there or they just happen to be able to receive a same frequency from natural phenomenon so they could "see" things. True or not, I don't know. I'm not a type of people who believe to some made up ghost story, but at least I know that my brother is not a type of person who put a lot of effort to create such lies. So, if he tell a story, it must be true that at least he was experiencing it.

Speaking of myth, I heard one and it's kinda creepy if you think.

I heard that the music was initially inspired from... well, paranormal phenomenon. I mean, where else we were inspired to make a melody, rhythm, etc? Our nature doesn't provide musical melody for us to get inspired (except heartbeat). So our ancestor used to getting inspired from astral being playing bells (or other instruments). They subconsciously followed their rhythm to create their own melody and rhythm. In my place where there're still a lot of people who believe in such thing, it also makes sense that our ancestor musical instruments were mostly bells and another mythical sounding instruments.

In short, music comes from another world. It just a myth, but I somehow want to believe this lol.

6. samkfj

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Myth or not--that is something amazing to believe in. I am very much a lover of music, and to imagine it originated from another world... that blows the mind.

Though--nature is full of music! From birds to rivers and rocks--but that in itself could be supernatural. I'll have to look up this myth, it sounds very interesting.

7. Rukiri

Rukiri I like to make Action-RPGs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I believe we do not originate from this world and we came here via an asteroid millions to even a billion years ago.
    Aliens, they exist but they're so far from us that we have no way of contacting us and we're so obviously primitive that we aren't even worth checking out. I do however think we are being monitored.

Also, the illumat... I've said too much.

samkfj likes this.
  8. samkfj

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oooh--now we're getting into some good stuff.

If you really think about it... you don't do much more to an ant farm other than watch it grow. Whether Fermi or Drake--I think it's just up to us to wonder.

But--I'll tell ya... I've read a lot of frightening things about the Illuminati; whether true or not, urban legend, myth, hearsay... the thought is just itself frightening.

9. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Can we break a bit and get into some scientific stuff? I just stumbled upon a random video

Go fast forward at the #2, at 6:40

samkfj likes this.
  10. samkfj

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Love this guy. Real nice too.

EDIT: There are a lot of crazy experiments one can try using very basic tools and just their mind. Personally, I've done a few; mixed effects, but still very intriguing.

Theo, maybe I'm not the most scientific person you'll ever meet, but I am very much intrigued by all these. Please, by all means keep it coming. It's been a while since I've had a good conversation about mysteries of the universe.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  11. Rukiri

Rukiri I like to make Action-RPGs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The Illuminati still exists, however nobody will outright say they're in the illuminati.
    The people in the illuminati are well obvious high ranking politicians, ceos, etc.

The Clintons probably run it, now that's frightening...

12. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Your wish granted. Let me tell you something that my brother keeps telling me almost all the time when we started a conversation about this.

His story was actually never like ghost story where most of them see something scary. Instead, what my brother often see was, a piece of shade, a part of body, that only shows up usually less than one second. Able to see them in one second is already an achievement. So, he never able to see a full body. Spooky? maybe, but it was nothing scary like full body ghost shows up, or something. The frequency of "something" comes up is various. He said it could be once per 2 hours, or longer. However, after several times of similar event happened, he could guess a full picture of it. Usually, he described it as a creature with an inhuman proportion. A long legs, or arms, or something like that. All were come from the puzzles assembled together.

And the another day, I found this video. While it may has no scientific proof, it's quite fascinating, especially if you tried to make sense it with the story above.

samkfj and Philosophus Vagus like this.
  13. samkfj

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds like what could be shadow people. I've heard of amorphous shapes that seem to exist and move with no cause. Never witnessed anything like that, but wow.

Great video, it reminded me of one of my favorites from the great Carl Sagan.

14. Philosophus Vagus

Philosophus Vagus The drunken bird dog of rpg maker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Never really had any physical encounters before; though my brother, mother, cousin and the old family dog all had some kind of experience in the house we moved to after my father passed away. The dog would often growl at the lefthand corner of the alcove in my brother's room, and would not come into my brother's room of his own free will in the first place. My cousin who my mom paid as a housekeeper twice a week so she could make some extra money while being a stay-at-home new mother would often hear voices whisper in her ear and got to where she would always listen to music with headphones whenever she was over and once saw a figure in the mirror or something...that was the last time she came to clean.

My mom says she'd seen a woman in a white dress on multiple occasions, most often walking up the flight of stairs that led to mine and my brother's room. His room seemed to be where the activity was focused (or perhaps he was playing an elaborate hoax on the family, I don't think so but it would actually be like him to do so) and he had the most experiences. There was one night where I was woken up by a loud bang and him screaming, where his alarm clock had apparently been thrown across the room with enough force to break it into dozens of pieces waking us both up. He said that "his shadow" threw it or something. He'd also hear a voice calling his name on a regular basis, to which he would call back to either me or mom thinking we were calling him (once mom even said she'd heard the feminine voice calling his name herself just seconds before he answered thinking it was her calling though I never heard anything :(). He's also allegedly seen things a bunch of times, though he rarely elaborates on what he's seen so I don't really have stories for that.

What's irritating about the whole thing really is that I never saw or heard anything. And I wasn't the kind of guy who is just so skeptical to paranormal stuff as to not notice it I was actively fascinated by the concept of the paranormal when I was a kid/teen. I'd read all kinds of paranormal stuff, A Haunting was my favorite show as a kid and I'd even play around with occult stuff like ritualized communications and trying to create a Tulpa. By all accounts if my brother wasn't hoaxing the entire family for several years starting at age 7 then I probably caused all of the paranormal stuff that happened to everyone else...yet I never got to experience sheep myself.

The closest things to paranormal activity I've ever physically witnessed was a hexagonal ufo I spotted a couple years ago that was barely visible in the night sky by a prism of light that emanated from the tip of one of the angles that sat still in the sky for three hours while I watched it and then just vanished right before my eyes. Not that I'm ready to cry aliens (though aliens also fascinate me and Ancient Aliens is one of the funniest things on television) about it, it could just be another military project that will be common knowledge after 50+ years of civilian sightings and falsified denials.
    [​IMG]
    Or it could be aliens, who really knows?

Other than that I occasionally experience sleep paralysis-induced dreams that are downright terrifying. Think I talked about them here once before but can't remember where. Anyway these are nightmares I have that are eerily realistic (maybe the wrong word, they 'feel' more real than normal dreams if that makes sense. Obviously there isn't anything realistic about shape-shifting shadows attacking people) and usually involve me being seriously injured or killed by a shadow person. These started shortly after I ended up on the streets in my late teens and have persisted to this day. Once I dreamed I was at a dog show looking for this girl's dog and when I found him and bent down to hook him to the leash the girl was standing behind me, put a gun to my temple, morphed into the shadow person and pulled the trigger. The shock from 'being shot' woke my mind up but my body was still in R.E.M and paralyzed giving me the surreal sensation of being disembodied for an indeterminate amount of time in which I truly believed I was dead and actually came to terms with my loss of life in my little faux-limbo and was absolutely ready to figure out what was next (and a little worried it would be a continuous state of disembodied thought) when my body finally caught up with my mind and I was able to fully awaken and realize it had all just been a dream.

That was one of the first experiences of the shadow person nightmare, as well as the coolest of them all (never been able to recreate that faux-limbo) and I've had probably a dozen or so others since then. I'll be chased and no matter how I try to get away I'm caught, the shadow is immune to conventional weaponry and always one step ahead of me. Last year he mocked my dog's death at his funeral and then strangled me (made his actual funeral this month an eerie experience) but it's always in a dream, never a physical manifestation thankfully.

I like to imagine it's the bastardized remnant of a Tulpa I tried to create as a young teen but never got any stimuli from and then promptly forgot about for years getting revenge on said neglect by torturing me in my dreams today. Though truth be told that's really just wishful thinking from someone who desperately wants a 'real' paranormal experience but can't find one. I'm like the anti-skeptic, I want to believe but not badly enough to delude myself into it and I'm self aware enough to note that there are easier, more likely answers out there to what little I have experienced than ghosts, demons or aliens.

Still, it's a fun subject to talk about. I always enjoy reading or watching a good paranormal story whether or not I actually accept it as real or a simple schism of the mind.

samkfj likes this.
  15. samkfj

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Very interesting @Philosophus Vagus

I definitely feel you on sleep paralysis for sure... terrible occurrences. It started in my teens, literally after I had lost my virginity. I don't know for sure if that was the cause, but it seems to me like it was the catalyst. That--or it was when I started trying to initiate lucid dreaming. Seems that if a lucid dream would fail--sleep paralysis would happen. I haven't done that since. I have no idea what causes them, and from things I've read, they just happen--not at all comforting.

I hate them, very very much. So much so, that for years I would sleep with my handgun under my pillow; just so it would help me sleep. I know it wouldn't actually help--but it gave me peace to do so.

But it's weird... I know they're dreams, I know they can't hurt me--but oh, are they frightening. It's usually something different. An old hag, or a gigantic shadow or multiple small shadows.

As for things in the sky, I'm always keeping an eye out; hoping to catch a glimpse of something--even if it is a plane.

16. rue669

rue669 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I definitely believe in the supernatural. I’m a Christian, so believing in a lot of these things is a given. Just read Michael Heiser’s Unseen Realm and Supernatural. He’s also got a great podcast on the paranormal called Peernormal and a YouTube channel called 321FringePop that demystifies a lot of so-called paranormal legends and myths (like ancient aliens). It’s very interesting stuff and if you’re at all curious about the supernatural and paranormal, he’s your guy.

samkfj likes this.
  17. Tai_MT

Tai_MT Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Honestly... I don't really believe in the Supernatural at all. I've simply seen too much evidence to the contrary. But, I still find the stuff endlessly fascinating. Alien Abduction? I don't believe in it, but I find the subject very interesting and watch stuff on Aliens quite a lot. Ghosts and Cryptids? I don't believe in them at all and think they're all hoaxes... But, I like hearing about the stories. Studying the stories and psychology behind the people who have them. It's all endlessly fascinating and interesting!

That's not to say I mock the people who say these things. "I saw a ghost... I've seen demons... I was abducted... Bigfoot destroyed my campsite". I see nothing to mock or patronize about here. What I enjoy is simply the phenomena of it. Sometimes, people genuinely have things they can't explain. Sometimes, what they've seen or experienced actually does have a logical and easily viewable explanation, but they insist it doesn't anyway. It's very fascinating.

But, I do know two things.

I believe in magic. In a young girls' heart. How the music can free her whenever it starts. And it's magic if the music is groovy. It makes you feel happy like an old-time movie. I'd tell you about the magic and free your soul... But, it's like tryin' to tell a stranger about Rock n' Roll.

Cliches aside, there really is "Magic" of a sort in the world. The place where ideas are born. Where events come to crossroads and can change the course of history. Where people can come together and all the right words spill from wide smiles. I believe in that Magic.

The other thing?

Blowing on Dice. I don't believe in religion of any sort. But, on the off chance a God exists... praying certainly can't hurt. It's the same as a gambler blowing on dice in the hopes it helps him roll the 7. It works just often enough to maintain the belief, but not enough to ever confirm it.

I believe in blowing on dice. Even for people who aren't me.

If those things are the Supernatural, then I guess I do believe in them a little. Honestly, I think everyone does to some degree or another. It would be a sad place to be in to have no imagination and nothing to believe in, no matter how silly it might be to believe in it.

Philosophus Vagus likes this.
  18. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There is more between heaven and earth then we simple mortals are ment to understand. Is that magic, gods, paranormal activity, fate, or simple intuition ... Well we will never know but it's there regardless .

But I don't like visiting old battlefields for A reason...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    samkfj likes this.