Curious 5 (What is in your opinion, your worst attribute?)

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by samkfj, Nov 20, 2018.

1. samkfj

samkfj Bug Powder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was talkin' with my girl about this... according to her my worst attribute is that I take nothing seriously. That's not true--am very serious. Am serious right now, but ya wouldn' be able to tell on account'a the mask of the interwebs.

No--if anything... I'd say my worst attribute is that am too nice. I know its bit me a few times--maybe even more than a few times. Maybe I should be harder, but I just--can't. Oh, but don't get me wrong, I'll wreck you in a heartbeat, but I'll be nice about it.

Also, I think I talk too much, and I feel that I bother people with that. Maybe not at first--but give it time... Perhaps so, but--who knows.

Could just be that I had me a little too much schnapps, I just turned 34 after all. Don't reckon I have many years left.

Regardless--what 'bout y'all?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Finnuval and Philosophus Vagus like this.
  2. Raijinn

Raijinn YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Veteran

First Language:
    Bahasa, English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The first thing you mentioned lol

samkfj likes this.
  3. punchybot

punchybot Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Impulsiveness.

samkfj likes this.
  4. l8rose

l8rose Neeeeerd Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My worst attribute is kind of one of my best ones and kind of like the first one you wrote. I'm really chill about most things. I don't stress over a lot which can be bad as it can be seen as not taking things seriously. I don't rush, I take my time and just accept what I can't change.

samkfj likes this.
  5. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My worst attributes? Dang you got a minute....make it a year? haha

Well let's see... Being brutally honest seems to be nr#1 if you would ask someone else who knows me haha
    Actually I think all my atributes can easily turn into my worst depending the situation and what side of the fence you're on ;)

But if I really had to pick... My need for personal freedom no matter the costs.

samkfj likes this.
  6. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Judging from my interactions with other people and the cause of most of the negative ones, I'd say my worst attribute is something that's a double-edged sword in a way, and that is the independence of my thinking. I question everything and don't take things at face value, no matter what authority speaks it or how much of a commonly accepted tradition it is. If it seems illogical or counter-intuitive, I'd question it or might simply ignore it in favour of what I deem to be more efficient. I realise that you can't be a maverick in the world, and I am actually a pretty agreeable and nice person. I don't go out of my way to break rules or start conflicts. But I also don't entirely conform either, and this often causes me to stick out of the rest of the group and feel like I don't belong.

samkfj and Finnuval like this.
  7. megumi014

megumi014 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'd say my worse trait is being very, very stubborn. I'm like a mule in front of some stairs: you won't be able to make me walk them down if I don't want to, not even pushing xD

samkfj likes this.
  8. Lady-J

Lady-J Badlander Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My worst trait is being an absolutely garbage person.

samkfj likes this.
  9. samkfj

samkfj Bug Powder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  10. Lady-J

Lady-J Badlander Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Because i have about 0 positive traits besides being kinda nice sometimes.

samkfj likes this.
  11. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I overthink things which leads to serious anxiety issues sometimes.

samkfj likes this.
  12. Ryisunique

Ryisunique Detective, AUEI Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    My worst attribute? Let me get back to you on that....

I've got several, but they're all tied in to my brain and mind, so that's the major one.

Finnuval likes this.
  13. LaFlibuste

LaFlibuste Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Well you know, the thing about attributes (or traits) is that they kind of are bell curves. Too little of something can be bad, too much of something can be bad, but a moderate amount is actually a lot of good. Where I'm going with this I guess is there is possibly no inherently bad trait, there's some good in every bad thing and some bad in every good thing. Like Megumi saying he's very stubborn: obviously being overly stubborn can be a pain and it's something to work on, but being a little stubborn is actually a good thing because if you weren't you'd never make up your mind or persevere to see anything to its end.

Anyway, my worst attributes... I'm not very good socially. Well, I manage, you know, but I'm not charismatic and I'm generally not very good with people.

I'm also not very patient with some stuff. I mean, I can be patient when there's actually a good reason to be, but I'm not patient with stupid stuff. Like machines not working, object stupidly being uncooperative/in my way, or childish behaviour. My daughter throwing her food on the ground drives me up the walls, for example (she's one and a half, so you know, it's kinda normal that she'd do that, but still I can't stand it).

Also I can be kind of passionate about stuff? My wife might say "obsessive" perhaps. I mean, when I really get into something, I have a very hard time getting interested by or even thinking about anything else. I could do that thing like 18 hours a day, just barely stopping to eat and go to the toilet. For instance that excel spreadsheet I was working on at work some time ago. I dreamt about it at night. It usually lasts a few weeks and then I move on to something else. Sometimes I can't even stand to even just look at the thing after that, be it finished or not. Since we're on a gaming forum, I'll make a confession: I have finished very little games in my entire life because I usually get fed up with them just near the end and I can beat myself up as much as I want, there's no way I can complete them. Especially since the difficulty usually seems to spike in those places and I should be even more dedicated to see them through. Ugh. I played FFIV, FFV and FFVII all the way up to the last boss, could never get myself to finish the game. Same with FFIX, I dropped it somewhere in the last third (don't remember where exactly, it's been too long). Played FFX all the way to the point where you should enter Sin, then completely lost interest. There are plenty more exemples. For me to finish games, they either have to be: 1) extremely engaging mechanically, 2) Rather short or 3) rather easy (for exemple, I did finish FFVI & Chrono Trigger).

samkfj and Finnuval like this.