Curious 5 (What is in your opinion, your worst attribute?)

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm too nice
I worry a lot
I'm way too generous
Im honest
After getting run over by too much whackness i closed myself off to dealing with the public. I don't want to waste energy dealing with folks. It seems like I'm an alien and i really don't understand them. Not that I'm looking for acceptance or friendship anymore.
So these days i keep to myself and work on my projects.

Last edited:

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gosh--it sounds like you've really been burned by people. I totally understand--but know this:

Not everyone is out to get ya. :)

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My worst attribute would be laziness u.u It has its positives too but for long-term goals it's a real obstacle to overcome for me especially when not under direct pressure.

I just want to chiiiiillll....

Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
My worst trait is my insomnia, haha.

Not sleeping basically makes all of my minor issues worse, lol - my anxiety gets worse, I lose patience quickly, and after enough days I start to get super scatterbrained. I've been sleeping a little better since I've graduated college, so I hope that keeps up. :kaodes:

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah--it doesn't.

kaukusaki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My worst trait is my insomnia, haha.
Totes understand. I still suffer from it as sleeping pills tend to make me sleepwalk. I just use it to my advantage and on times i cant sleep, i clean house or workout or do a little work on my projects (not too heavy as programming requires adequate rest). If it's really bad i slam some chamomile tea and be out in 20 minutes. I might only sleep for an hour or two (or if im lucky 4) but it's still sleep...

Last edited:

kaukusaki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Im lazy and I love it.
I wish I could be lazy. At 35 I'm still figuring out ways to continue badly pretending that I'm an altogether responsible adult. ^_^" I'm still alive so success right?

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basically I'm a man of paradoxes...

- I hate people, but I like helping them
- I'm lazy, but I like work
- I don't trust, but with rational argumentation I'm able to belive in every word.
And so on...

Norjen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Being antisocial.

I'm just not very comfortable approaching people, and I've always been a bit of a hermit who likes to do his own stuff in peace. There's a strong stereotype of people in my country being generally quiet and withdrawn, and I'm on the next level because I'm considered extra quiet and withdrawn even by our standards. Now happily in a relationship, but my love life in my teens and 20's could be described as a desolate wasteland. I'm also VERY picky about who I socialize with because of this, and I feel like I really need to like someone to have any particular desire to hang out and keep contact with them. Despite all of this I have a decent amount of friends, and some pretty close ones too.

Next on the list is your usual overthinking and related anxiety issues.

Dargor91

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I get bored with things too quickly.
And this affects my overall satisfaction and happiness.

I absolutely love learning new stuff and the excitement of doing things I didn't know previously, but as soon as I realize that I succeeded in doing something I completely lose interest in it and never do it again.
From trivial things like hobbies or sports all the way to my work life.
I guess that's why I've done like 10 different sports, learned to draw, play guitar, do hand-made stuff, studied web design and many many other things, for no reason other than the fact that I couldn't do them. It's also why I started getting into RPG Maker: I was bored, making games is something I don't know, so I'm doing it to see if I'm capable of it.
In my job, I propose myself for doing stuff that I'm not even paid for and that go beyond my tasks, just to fill my day with more interesting stuff other than the same things I do every day for 8 hours.
I need constant stirrings and challenges in order to feel satisfied with what I do, doing stuff that I know and that don't pose any challenge to me makes me feel bored, unsatisfied and like I'm wasting my time that I could be spending learning new things.
Sometimes it becomes a real problem, because if I don't have the time or opportunity to do new stuff I feel completely unsatisfied with my life in that moment.
It doesn't help that over time I realized I'm a pretty quick learner, so the time-frame in which I find something interesting and challenging is rather short.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My worst trait is my inability to stick to anything. I have no staying power. Part of it is being really creative, part of it is ADHD, part of it is being Bipolar, and most of it is me just getting bored really fast and never really learning how to stick with things despite it not being fun anymore. I would like to get over it, gain a few good habits or something, but my attempts never last either. I've heard/read that this is just a way some people are wired, that I'm a plate spinner and I should refuse to choose and embrace my nature! But even these self help books are terrible at explaining how to survive in the real world like this, just pointing out that it's a real thing and that I'm not alone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D
Holy stink, where have I been? Well, I started my temporary job this week. So less time to spend on game design... :(
Cartoonier cloud cover that better fits the art style, as well as (slightly) improved blending/fading... fading clouds when there are larger patterns is still somewhat abrupt for some reason.
Do you Find Tilesetting or Looking for Tilesets/Plugins more fun? Personally I like making my tileset for my Game (Cretaceous Park TM) xD
How many parameters is 'too many'??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grr