Curious 7 (How Y’all, Youse and You Guys Talk)

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found this little gem, and wanted to share it with y'all.

Now--unfortunately it's only confined to the continental United States, but there are also many parts here that use a lot of European based words in their everyday speech too. So if you're from anywhere not in the US, maybe you'll find a pleasant surprise where people might speak similar to you.

How Y'all, Youse, and You Guys Talk

Now--though it may come as no apparent surprise--but seems like 95% of my answers originate in Texas/South... hmm, I didn't see that comin' a mile away.

EDIT: NVM, it's not just continental--there's also Hawaii and Alaska in their natural spots... there at the bottom left corner of the map. Tried to take a screenshot, but I messed it up.

Got San Antonio (my hometown) Dallas and Fort Worth (where I currently live) as my 3 cities. Pretty spot on.

Last edited:

punchybot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I talk stupid, I can't take this survey, they'll know who I am.

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got San Antonio, Loredo and Erie. Ironic since while I've been all around the States I've never actually set foot in Texas yet.

Think what got my northern city has to be knowing what a Roundabout was, if you're from the south and haven't travelled around the idea of a circular convergence between roads sounds luticrice. :D

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've only encountered one of those twice in my life... one in Waco (terrible by the way) and one in Ft. Worth (very--very not nice either.)

but--I've always known them as circle or traffic circle; though I just call it a circle for simplicity's sake. Also--my favorite... calling the road on the side of the highway an "access road." I looked it up--and it's inherently a South Texas thing, but people in random parts of the US also say it.

I still say that, and out here people look at me like I farted in the car.

LaFlibuste

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Ahahah! I knew coming into this that this would give me crazy results since english is my second language, apparently the way I talk is a sweet mix of Alabama, Honolulu and Alaska.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got : Boston, Newark and Jersey City lol (cause I call gym shoes sneakers haha)

zacheatscrackers

Machinehead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Winston-Salem, Augusta-Richmond and Charlotte. I'm from Pennsylvania, so finding out my dialect's actually Carolina-esque is kinda shocking to me lol.

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I got Amarillo, Lubbock and Pembroke Pines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Made a surprising amount of progress in these past two days. Really helps when parallax mapping breaks limitation and allowing me to be creative and make maps that match my vision.
Let's promote our amazing artists in RPG Maker community! I posted right now about my game Phil Alone on Twitter and I decided to thanks Lime Zu, the amazing artist that did all the pixel assets for my game!
I just realised that the reason behind me not being able to make a game may be the lack of my original resources. I just dont like the look of MV faces and sprites, lol. Guess I will have make my own art.
I'm posting a commission art soon! :kaoswt2:
So here's a fun/tragic fact about me: I have an awful memory. But to be correct, I have memory "leaks". My memory is actually amazing, my issue is I can't keep memories for long, in fact, I once forgot my name. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chikenwyngx