Curious (Any other punk rock lovers on here?)

SpaceBot

Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
fudge yeah! I have an OP ivy shirt and a misfits but that's about all that I have remaining. My storage shed was broken into years ago and they stole all my vinyls -sob-

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh no! The worst part--they have no idea what they probably took... :'(

All my band shirts sadly fit me too big, either I have to gain weight or have to rebuy them, hee hee. Only one I still wear is an old school X shirt and a very very very old Dropkick Murphy's shirt (looks like a liquor bottle.)

I really wish there was a love button. Now am gonna have to make a new playlist.

SpaceBot

Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes soooooo it.
I just recently got spotify again so now I know what I am doing the rest of the weekend.
I have a huge taste in music but I grew up listening to punk and reggae with my dad. So I love it always haha

SpaceBot

Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But, I sing so, listening to all types of music is fun for me. Plus, I could give a fudge if anyone doesn't like what I like lol

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
True that--but it's nice to find people to bond with over. Shoot--I could talk for hours about shows I've been to, fights I've gotten into, albums, songs, musicians, venues... oh man it's been a long time since I did any of that. haha. Memories.

Yeah, and lately I've been listening to a lot of various things. A lot of piano music, still need to buy a piano. Not only for making game music, but just for relaxation... you can only play the bass or guitar for so long before you want something more soothing.

SpaceBot

Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I started learning bass and guitar here and there and never stuck too it. I think singing is just my thing idk lol I haven't been to many shows though, just a lot of parties and fights haha

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha, Dropkick Murphys was my go to work out music for years. Nothing beats Blood and Whiskey or Out of our heads when you're going after a punching bag. Like a bit of Flogging Molly and The Offspring too but if I'm being honest the more hybridized (or bastardized depending on your prerogative) punk bands are more my forte outside of that. Though really I enjoy a little bit of anything that isn't pop.

Now to go fill my spotify with Dropkick Murpheys, the old commute list has been getting too stale lately and it's been far to long since I really listened to em. :)

Last edited:

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SpaceBot A good singer is hard to come by. My voice is too--"Texan" so I stick to instruments :p

@Philosophus Vagus Oh yeah, I have to agree. My workout mix is a lot of Dropkick and a lot of street punk. I remember once at the gym, my trainer said to put music on I was like whoa--yeah. Everyone got turned off within seconds.

And yeah, I love the Offspring. Met Dex Holland once, real nice guy.

SpaceBot

Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lol I lived in SA most my life and got asked where I was from a lot because a lot of people think I have an accent just not a Texan one. When I was visiting Ireland I met a Canadian couple who didn't believe I was even American lol not because of an accent though.

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah--I dunno where my accent originated from... I've been in South Texas most of my life, only the past 10 years out here in DFW.

Tell ya what though--people look at me weird when I say "Access Road" apparently they call it something different out here.

EDIT: 12 years. Am fallin' asleep.

SpaceBot

Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dang dude lol you gotta sleep at night

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nite owl. Have been since I graduated high school back in 2003.

Love watchin' the sun come up. Works for me too since I work nights, though--ya never get used to school buses and people mowing the lawn.

EDIT: Only time I can develop is on weekends/nights too. Ya get used to it. :p No complaints here though, besides... it keeps the ghosts away.

SpaceBot

Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lmfao I forgot it's the weekend.
I'm trying to think of what my graduating year was supposed to be now... hmmm....05 I think.

I'd probably work nights if i didn't have kids. I just work constantly Haha lotta work molding young minds

SpaceBot

Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You know, I don't know that I have many pictures of when i dressed fully punk. Typically I've always just dressed how I want, but I dated this punk dude a while who would tell you you're not punk if you don't dress punk and only listen to punk only. -massive eye roll- he totally missed the entire point of punk

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just had the mohawk for the most part. I still have my vest, it's hanging up on my wall next to my guitars. I'll probably never wear it again haha but it's there to remind me that though I may get older--my legends live forever.

@LaFlibuste

I know you know this one :) still my favorite overseas "punk" song. I use quotations because it depends on who you ask whether or not it's punk, but I say it is because you gotta not have a care in the world to be that awesome to make a song like that.

SpaceBot

Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wear a vest my ex ( the punk guy ) gave me after I dumped his ass.

I plan to buy a new one and dress it up nice. I still dress "punk" sometimes. Kind of depends on mood.
Va isn't too alt friendly though.

SpaceBot

Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd post a picture up, but I think I would get way too much unwanted attention lol.

I have a picture of when I had a pixie cut that i styled into a faux hawk hahaha

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Need some good patches. An' one of them little leopard print things for the collar.

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hee hee, well now I am intrigued. Perhaps, an other day.

SpaceBot

Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I gotta order some patches and studs

Haha maybe. You should probably sleep anyways. I finally got almost 6 hours and I'm awake as hell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

is it just me or have posts gotten way more boring ever sense the forum updated
Oh no, fatigue and procrastination setting in on my game. :( Must overcome it!!! Must continue on!!!
I have this issue where I get insomnia whenever I need an answer or solution to "x" situation, and can't sleep until I find it or I pass out exhausted...
Got MV on Steam during the Lunar New Year Sale! Happy Year of the Rat everyone!
Oh, stop with the Melodrama...

...Listen to it instead!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneLoveDrew