Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, everyone.

I was trying to make an edit for Galv's Animated Menu Cursor, so when it is showing on a non-active window, change the opacity or make it blink (like older games from the SNES and PSX generation).

However, I lack the knowledge to do that kind of edit to the plugin or create an add-on for it.

This is in order to not confuse the player when making choices or selecting options through menus, because when there are windows and sub-windows (like in the Item menu), the cursor is showing with the same opacity, like in this screenshot:

1611333968799.png

As you can see, the default cursor was removed, and only Galv's Animated Cursor remains in screen, but since the non-active window cursor is not blinking/has a low opacity, it can be easily mistaken by the player.

I asked previously on Galv's thread, but I had no answer. Could it be possible to ask for this feature to be added or edited?

Cheers, and thanks in advance!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so far like the default (and in my scene of the equip scene), the button stays and does
not blick, while the selector does blink, if in that scene.

to make it dissapear, or opacity to 0, you dont know in what scene you are in,
it's the way the cursor works.

in case you want to get rid of it, you need to modify that section and probably add
a new function to it in order to remove the selection and only show the active cursor.

if it's that way you want it to bed, it might be possible, but no idea how to approach
that way though.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so far like the default (and in my scene of the equip scene), the button stays and does
not blick, while the selector does blink, if in that scene.

to make it dissapear, or opacity to 0, you dont know in what scene you are in,
it's the way the cursor works.

in case you want to get rid of it, you need to modify that section and probably add
a new function to it in order to remove the selection and only show the active cursor.

if it's that way you want it to bed, it might be possible, but no idea how to approach
that way though.

Well, I'm afraid I lack the programming knowledge necessary for that. I can identify little things on some plugins and scripts, and edit things that can be easily modified in Notepad++, but with a lot of limitations.

I tried to edit this one recently, but I have no clues about what needs to be edited/added to the plugin so it can support the cursor blink / opacity change feature...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People1_3 added!
index.php

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylewest