leafgun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've got a real dumb problem on my hands and I'm sure it's an easy fix but I've tried just about everything I can think of.

box.PNG

I have the rectangle cursor set to correctly cover everything when there are four members in a party but when there are less it goes out of place. I've messed around all over and I just can't find where to make it stay consistent or make the party members on status screens not move when there are less than four members in the party.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
the cursor should self-adjust at update time, based on the item of the menu being selected, which themselves resize based on the number of items.
look for update_cursor within window_selectable and tie it to the menu window (I forget the actual name)

leafgun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
the cursor should self-adjust at update time, based on the item of the menu being selected, which themselves resize based on the number of items.
look for update_cursor within window_selectable and tie it to the menu window (I forget the actual name)
Thank you. How would I tie it exactly? Would it need to be done for each menu or just battler_status in general?

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
depends on what exactly is broken.
the cursor is defined at window_selectable, and every window that inherits from that uses that function.

leafgun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
depends on what exactly is broken.
the cursor is defined at window_selectable, and every window that inherits from that uses that function.
Hmmm I haven't edited window_selectable at all though, does that matter? Fwiw this happens on every menu where I've made the battler_status in a vertical format like pictured.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
double check that you're writing *rows* and *colums* correctly, because they're two different variables.

by the looks of it, it seems the cursor is drawn correctly, but the portraits are offset.
how wide is one portrait? (one *item*)

leafgun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
double check that you're writing *rows* and *colums* correctly, because they're two different variables.

by the looks of it, it seems the cursor is drawn correctly, but the portraits are offset.
how wide is one portrait? (one *item*)
I don't see an option to edit rows in battler_status and I have columns set to 4.

Do you mean this size (below) or the size of the actual image? I've tried with different portraits and that didn't change anything.

BATTLER_STATUS = { # Sizes settings :width => 110, # Change the width of the window. :height => 98, # Change the height of the display. :max_width => 110, # Used for centering horizontal HUD :max_height => 392, # Used for centering vertical HUD :vertical => false,

I feel like something is up with spacing as I've messed with that...

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
take a look at this:
nuevo-1.PNG

if the cursor is evenly spaced, it fits.
and the cursor is based on the number of items (or, should be), and their size is based on the window.
clearly there's an offset to the portrait that shouldn't be there.

leafgun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
take a look at this:
View attachment 186597

if the cursor is evenly spaced, it fits.
and the cursor is based on the number of items (or, should be), and their size is based on the window.
clearly there's an offset to the portrait that shouldn't be there.
Thank you so much! This helped me visualize what was wrong and I was able to find the culprit causing my spacing woes. Now it all lines up as it should and all is good. :D Thank you!!

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
:confused pikachu face:
didn't expect that to solve it, but, eh.... I'll take it.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I should probably be dragged kicking and screaming away from Daz3D... I was playing with 8.1 models and came up with this. Thoughts?
and_remember_tomorrow_miranda_8_1.jpg
If you're an artist of illustrations, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of writing, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of programming, you're doing fine.
But if you are all three above (and more) you cannot allow any distractions in your life.
Anyone had school furniture?
After working out some initial confusion, I managed to get Yanfly's Improved Battlebacks successfully working on a test battle, changing the battleback and getting it to scroll during combat. This means that I can have graphically dynamic battles on moving platforms, like the roof of a train or the deck of a ship/airship...
Place Events Like Tiles Through Replacement, & Take Notes Free Form | RPG Maker News #41

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeroWillo