Mooglelover

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello. I am making a Final Fantasy game and am working on creating summons, but to do that I needed to make my own animations. The problem I am having is that when I add animation png files to the animations folder, it is sized wrong and I can't select all of the summon creature. I thought it would be as simple as resizing it to match the size of the original files but I was waaay wrong there. Also if I add an animation already in the rpg maker mv with the one that I added, it gets resized and becomes tiny also. I really don't know what to do here. I've been stressing over this for hours. Can anyone please help me? I attached a file to show what I mean. That dragon and the original mist animation is just so small :(

helpme.png

Edit: Also the color seems to be opaque or slightly transparent for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Animation cells have a fixed size - 192x192 pixels. Every cell has to have exactly this size, with five cells per row and twenty rows maximum for an animation sheet.

You need to resize your picture into that size to be usable (theoretically you could use combined cells for larger elements, but that is currently difficult due to a bug where the last added cell becomes invisible, making exact positioning in the editor difficult)

Mooglelover

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks :) I'll use this with that another user messaged me. I hope this works out!

GameDevon

Animagical Person
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heyo!

To fix the opacity/transparency issue, go into Batch, tick the Blend option and change it from Additive to Normal.

Cheers and have fun rpgmaking  :guffaw:

Mooglelover

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
ok so im having a new problem. I hope someone knows the answer to this.

I am using the sideview battle system. I need to have an animation appear in the middle of the screen and a separate animation healing the party.

I can't figure out where to position the animation to be on the party though..It seems to want to appear on the far left edge of the screen.

Can anyone help me with this?

jai2016

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys quick question, I have made a custom animation thats 192x192, but upon importing the animation to MV, It shows on the small squares at the bottom of the animation boxes. but will not show any of the sprites on the creator box with the mob as target. Any ideas? cheers.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Even if you made 1% progress today in your making-game, that's 100% success!
This is Ralph from VX!
index.php

Always be consistent with your project.
Making backups regularly is good for the soul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ein1_1