Dragonfire967

HERA Dev
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if this is the right spot, but this pertains specifically to RMMV.

I am in the process of trying to make a game with a bunch of mechanics based on Dungeons & Dragons. I am having some issues trying to figure out a way to do this, or find a plugin to do it for me.

In D&D, when you create your character, you have to setup your 6 ability scores, or attributes:
- Strength
- Dexterity
- Constitution
- Intelligence
- Wisdom
- Charisma

Each of these effect different parameters of your character, with the three big ones for most classes being Strength (how much you can carry and damage from strength-based attacks), Dexterity (agility and damage from dex-based attacks), and Constitution (health).

Most plugins I do see are for Ace, and won't work for what I am intending. Are there any MV plugins out there that can allow this functionality, or any built-in functions for the engine to do this natively?

In addition, is there a way, either via an attribute as listed above, or a piece of gear, etc, to modify a character's core stats (such as HP) with a formula instead of a percentage or flat value?

Thanks in advance for any advice and help with this question.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I mean in terms of the ability score names you get a Terms tab in the database that lets you call the stats anything you want. There are plenty of MV plugins that allow you to add actual custom parameters.

Pots Talos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm building a game inspired by D&D systems too.
Check out this PLUGIN. It's what I use for custom parameters (str, dex, con, ect...).

Dragonfire967

HERA Dev
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you both for your suggestions. I am checking out that plugin you linked now, Pots Talos.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Azihayya wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
Magus avatar homey!
Getting back into the thick of work on Untold Story and it feels great to be back. I'm gonna take what I learned from the Game Jam and try and get some serious work done for the rest of 2021.
The "docs" are honestly soo frustrating. Eg. positionType : "Returns the current position type of the message window." Yes, great. could you please also tell me if 0 was bottom or top, so i don't have to start a playtest to see, because i keep forgetting it all the time, and what are the docs even for, if not that? (it's top btw...)

Here's the combat sprite of Azrael one of the main characters of our game,
with and without weapon.
Hope it's good.
https://discord.gg/Q2uS6Str
The one thing I've always struggled with is creating a story, it halts every single project I've ever worked on. We must be in the twilight zone because I've actually come up with a plot, from beginning to end (it kinda wrote itself). I may very well be on my way to creating my first proper little game, yay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Napster