Custom battle UI with skills as buttons

Haydeos

The Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm developing a game where each character has a total of 5 skills, a basic attack, and access to items. I'd like each skill to have their own custom icon that you click on, much like MOBAs such as league of legends.

Screen shots that I made up in Photoshop to give an idea:

As you can see, I want the party in the right side of the screen, with their health, 2nd resource bar, and their ATB gauge, as I'm using an ATB system.
When a character's turn is ready, the UI pops up, showing their available skills. Selecting a skill by clicking it will show the skill description/cost. Click it again to finalize the selection. If a skill is on cooldown, it can't be selected, and it's grayed out with the cooldown timer shown above it.

Clicking on the items button will bring up any available items in another line, directly above for you to choose from.

I'm sure there's a lot that I'm forgetting, please ask any questions that you'd need to clarify what I'm trying to do here.

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
oh, kind of exactly what I was asking for, frustrating to see a 2 year old question that was asking something similar.

will lend these graphics for my thread, since they explain everything better than I do :)

Have you managed to get this desired battle system done, @Haydeos ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hello I buyed RPG Maker VX Ace a long ago and I want to use it again but in the meantime I changed my pc but I lost the paper with my product key on so I can't use RPG maker again... someone can help me please ? or there is no hopes ?:'( ( I have a bad english I'm sorry )
I was away this days here in the forum but it was for a good cause!
The trailer of the demo of Luke Inn is on youtube and I am so happy!
I need to see the bugs of the game but I am happy that I have new content to show!

The last part of the modern interior will be ready soon. This will be a B-tile. With interior items for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and storage room.
This frantic shooting ARPG plugin for MZ looks really great. Here is the link to a post from the official Japanese RPG Maker forum.
We start in 5 minutes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrtylerlarson