Custom Battler Sheet Size / Display Idle Weapon Stance

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by astergilgamesh, Aug 12, 2016.

1. astergilgamesh

astergilgamesh Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    First of all, my goal is to display the generated characters with their weapon held out while standing in battle, not just when they attack. It's true that old Final Fantasy games did not display their weapons while idle, and that's fine.  But we should be able to do that now if we can force a swing animation, etc.  Why not be able to have the weapon held out all the time?  I like the MV Character Generator style.

Secondly, if this is not available or even possible to code for whatever reason, then clearly my best option is to create custom battlers to manually display their weapons all the time during battle.  However, I don't know how to size the character sheet so that the weapon will fit.  I'm sure it's easy since there are custom battlers, but I haven't been able to find a guideline for sizing templates, aside from "naked" MV actor templates which are too small to fit a weapon in, or random enemy sheets with no template / guidelines.

Thank you in advance and hopefully this will help others who wish to do the same thing!!

P.S: I'm sure that using certain Yanfly's Weapon Animation (etc.) commands that I'd be able to work around the default weapon animations if I manually display a weapon in the actor's sheet, and I'd be willing to help list how to do that in the future when this is figured out.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2016
  2. Arcmagik

Arcmagik Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Did you check under RPG Maker MV Resources in the Templates & Guidelines thread? While I don't see a blank template I see at the very top a template that explains the different locations then the 3rd or 4th down as the size a template picture should be. Not sure if that will be helpful to you.

astergilgamesh likes this.
  3. astergilgamesh

astergilgamesh Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    @arcmagik

I did check that. Someone else said multiples of the existing template might work but there is no confirmation on that yet.  I know it's possible since there are enemy battlers with their own special cell size for each frame but I have no idea what is standard and didn't see a template for enemies either.  If I could figure out the bare minimum for a slightly larger cell to have room for the default sword image to add to the default sv actor battlers then I could easily copy and paste them together in that larger template.  I appreciate the help, and hopefully someone can figure this out for me and others looking to expand the battlers available space to add things like swords et al.