Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone!

Last few days I have been running into a problem.  >_>

I have a map with RTP BGM and it plays perfectly. But then I teleport the player to other map with custom BGM and it doesn't play it.

If I teleport back to the previous map the music plays again like normal. I have all the files in the folder and the custom BGM are in the right file format.

Wondering if it is some kind of codec malfunction or something...

Any thoughts on this particular issue?

Thanks  :)

Tokumei No

Kojima Fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
What is the format of the BGM and how do you set it? By default map BGM or through event after teleporting?

Warpmind

Twisted Genius
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Stupid question, I'm sure, but have you checked the volume?

ookami_lord

Best Lemon in the world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is the music extension mp3?

if it is I think you should change it to OGG, a more supported extension.(probably use audacity.)

Deathspecter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
What is the format of the BGM and how do you set it? By default map BGM or through event after teleporting?
The format is .mp3. But it always worked until last few days. It is set up by default map BGM.

Stupid question, I'm sure, but have you checked the volume?
Of course  :)

Is the music extension mp3?

if it is I think you should change it to OGG, a more supported extension.(probably use audacity.)
Yes it is but, like I said above, this never happened until some days ago. And I actually released my demo with those BGM working in .mp3 format.  >_>

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
you could always try deleting it from your resource manager and re-importing it.

Deathspecter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Well I was checking and it seems the problem really is only with mp3 files...  :headshake:

Looks like that, all of a sudden, the program doesn't like mp3 anymore... Oh well, time to convert all the music and see how it goes then  :|

ookami_lord

Best Lemon in the world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, sometimes that happened to me as well, I had no problem with some musics but suddenly they stop working...

Deathspecter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Yeah the problem really was the format... I guess the program just decided to not use .mp3 anymore lol

Tokumei No

Kojima Fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
As a deep ignorant, I suggest an anti-virus scan (always good) and to check the programs that read the .mp3 format and those programs which may disturb them. But I repeat, I am ignorant.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

User of Mv3d/ Mz3d and Rosse engine. New Resource Pack on development "Halloween Stones" . Leave ideas about what you want to see on this package. :)
SetPreview.jpg
Looking at Code abd knowing that it made sense at one time. Ugh..why did I ever stop? Well I guess it will come back to me.
Well, Blizzard... thanks for making it easy to decide what to delete to free up some hard drive space... I guess. Ugh.
So far, I've rated 5 of the games out of the 120 submitted. Competition is fierce! There are a few which I played and thought "Well, at least my submission is better than this one." but there's at least one which is far better than mine (at least by my judgement.) Trying very hard to rate games fairly and only comment when I have something constructive to say. Good luck everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elsher