Custom Changeable Title Screen

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by DeathByGames, Dec 22, 2016.

1. DeathByGames

DeathByGames Swaggy Developer Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey everyone, I am here to request a script. 

I don't know if this is possible, but I hope it is, as it will add a lot to my game, and many others. What I want is a title screen that is very similar to the game "Blank Dream." The game has the three options on the left over a black background, and there is a picture on the right, taking up the right half of the screen.  I would like there to be a fourth option on the left, as well as using pictures to represent the options, instead of the normal text. The fourth option would be an 'Option,' option.  With this the player could change the brightness, text speed, screen ratio, volume, and many other things.  The main thing I would like is a changing picture on the right.  This is very reminiscent of the title scene in "Portal 2," and the menu in "Mogeko's Castle." This means once the player reaches a certain place in the game, the image in the title screen would change to reflect it.

If you need me to simplify, or send pictures of what it should look like, or just any other questions,  please reply to this topic and I'll respond to it soon! 

Thanks! 

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    For the part of your query relating to changing the title screen once a point has been reached, I've successfully used this script.

A mockup of what you are looking for would be very helpful.  Saying "like in [insert name of random game]" restricts response to those who happen to have played that particular game.

It is quite easy to relocate the commands on the title screen. 

In the default script Scene_Title at section beginning line 91

Just set the x,y coordinate of @command_window by dropping in the coordinates at line 93 (i.e. under the line saying @command_window = Window_TitleCommand.new

For example

@command_window.x = 0

Code:
    [COLOR=#006666]@command_window[/COLOR][COLOR=#666600].[/COLOR][COLOR=black]y [/COLOR][COLOR=#666600]=[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][COLOR=#006666]110[/COLOR][COLOR=black]
    [/COLOR]

This example pushes it completely to the left (x = 0) and quite high up (y = 110). Just do as you wish.  If, for example, you want it to the right, you would do x = 400, y = 300.

3. DeathByGames

First Language:
    English

Apologies, this did not occur to me when I was writing the original post.

The Dynamic Title script seems like it will work very well for what I need, along with your comment about adjusting the positions of the commands. As for a mockup, I would like the basic title screen to look relatively like this (It occurs to me now the separation of the pictures is all one large picture edited to look like that):

Title Image.png

And I would want the 'Option,' Option to look like this: 

Title Image Option.png

As for the actual contents of the Option button, it would be similar to most commercial games.

Pokemon Essentials Title Screen:

Pokemon Title.png

Pokemon Essentials Options:

Pokemon Option 1.png Pokemon Option 2.png

And the changing of the picture, that seems like the Dynamic Title script would take care of, is reminiscent of Portal 2's title screen:

Portal 2's Screen at the beginning of the game:

Portal 2 Screen 1.jpg

Portal 2's title screen once chapter 6 has been reached:

Portal 2 Screen 2.jpg

I hope this helps describe what I am looking for, I don't know if this is to complicated to be done in RPG Maker, or if it is possible and/or there already a script out there for this.

Thanks!

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Here are the basic changes you need to make to the default scripts.  However, if you're not using a script which allows you to show Options in the main menu, this won't work.  I know this works with Yanfly's System Options script, I have no idea if it works with any other.

Windows_TitleCommand script.  After line #36, add this line

add_command("Options", :options)

Scene_Title script, after line #94, add this line

@command_window.set_handler:)options, method:)command_options))

Same script, after what is now line #121, add this little section

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # * [OPTIONS] Command
    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    def command_options
    SceneManager.call(Scene_System)
    end

Your Options will now appear after 'Continue' and before 'Quit'

5. DeathByGames

First Language:
    English