TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering if someone could whip up for me a plugin that lets me specify a note tag in a monster's notes field that allows me to indicate a specific collapse sound effect for that monster. Right now I really like the collapse sound I have of a big, guttural "Urp!" sound for most dying enemies, but I'd like to be able to replace it with a chittery screech for my insect enemies or a more mechanical "collapse into a pile of nuts and bolts" sound for my robot enemies. I searched and was surprised to find no such script already existed since it seems like it would be pretty simple? ...he said, not-knowing-javascriptly. It's also always possible my google fu failed, of course.

I honestly don't know if this is beyond my capabilities or something I could potentially be instructed to do, so it was really a toss up between posting this here or in "Learning Javascript" to see if someone could teach me how. I think the code I'd want to reference (and alias in a plugin) is around 4443 of rpg_objects.js but as the tossup landed here in Plugin Requests and not Learning Javascript I won't speculate further on how one might do it.

Many many thanks to anyone who can find a moment to help me with this!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"This is the real secret to life - To be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:
actually, are there any JRPG type games (I guess turn based, so not ARPGs like say, Vagrant Story) where you have only one party member for the majority of the game? (I wonder if I'm forgetting something obvious.)
*sigh* This one turned out really well... except for the left arm pose...
fPRzKSp.jpg

Yes I purposely cutout the arm cause from the pic
A month into making my life/dating sim game and I've finally finished making all of the love interests :kaocry: I still have to make most of their emotion range and overworld sprites but aye I'm proud of myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neosgrouchcreatures