Custom Dual-Wielding and Customizable Weapon Slots

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Heirukichi, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Custom Dual-Wielding – VX Ace – v. 1.0.1
    by Heirukichi

Description

With this script it is possible to prevent certain weapon types from being equipped in either the main weapon slot or the secondary weapon slot when dual wielding. The weapon type locked for the primary weapon slot does not have to be the same weapon type locked for the secondary weapon slot.

Example: if you have an actor capable of equipping Axes, Daggers, Pistols and Swords, with this script it is possible to prevent players from equipping Pistols and Daggers in the main weapon slot and Axes in the secondary weapon slot. At the same time Swords will be a viable choice for both weapon slots.

Features
    • Lock primary weapon slot for certain weapons
    • Lock secondary weapon slot for certain weapons
    • Each actor can be customized separately

Terms of Use
    This script is under the GNU General Public License v3.0. This means that:
    • You are free to use this script in both commercial and non-commercial games as long as you give proper credits to me (Heirukichi) and provide a link to this page;
    • You are free to modify this script as long as you do not pretend you wrote this and you distribute it under the same license as the original.
    You can review the full license here: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html

In addition I’d like to keep track of games where my scripts are used so, even if this is not mandatory, I’d like you to inform me and send me a link when a game including my script is published. As I said this is not mandatory but it really helps me and it is much appreciated.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    If you want to post this script somewhere else please provide a link to this page instead.

Instructions
    To install the script copy/paste it below Materials. If any of the scripts you are using overwrites any of the aliased methods be sure to place this script below it.

This script overwrites a few methods. If any script you are using aliases one of the overwritten methods you have to place this script ABOVE those. If any script you are using overwrites one of those methods this script will probably not be compatible with that script.

Detailed instructions can be found inside the script.

Difficulty: Easy. This script does not allow too much freedom and customization. You only have to copy/paste it and configure main and secondary weapon slots for actors you want to be affected by it.

Script Link
    A full version of the script can be found here.

Update Log

06-26-2019 [MM-DD-YYYY] Version 1.0.1
    - Updated Terms of Use. No substantial change in how you can use the script (it is still free for both commercial and non commercial projects). The only change lies in how credit is given.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Ebanyle likes this.
  2. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Updated Terms of Use. Check the Update Log for more information.