MelodyofE

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have looked around a bit, but so far I can't even find any plug-ins or advice that can even begin to accomplish what I want. I would appreciate any help or direction.

What I'm trying to accomplish is giving each character a unique equipment screen. Essentially, each character can quip a number of "charms" on their item of power. Since each character has a unique power item, the place that the charm would be attached to would vary. So what I want to do is make the equipment screen have a picture of the item of power in the background and the equipment slots will be positioned over the spots that the charm would be attached.

The item of power itself will not change throughout the game, but each character has their own. So I don't need change the picture as the game progresses, just be able to set the picture per character.

Does anyone have any idea of any plugins, or combination of plug-ins that might help accomplish that? I'd even take a non-plug-in way to accomplish it. The more I think about it, the more complex it sounds, but maybe someone has already figured out a way to make that effect happen.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have one, but for single actor, a friend of mine has heavily modfied it for multiple
which might one you seek, there is another one in beta, but it need to modify a bit
to fit your needs, but not sure if you are able to use that one though as its fit his game,
and so does mine, which is very specific to 1 actor.

but there are some you can combine, but some are paid, so you can best make
a mockup of the scene you look for, so it's easier to send you to the right plugins
or combinations of those and if not or a bit of modification is needed.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

MelodyofE

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shaz My apologies. It wasn't just a plugin request. I was open to other methods or being pointed to other resources, so I wasn't sure it should go in the plug-in forum. I will use that forum next time.

I have one, but for single actor, a friend of mine has heavily modfied it for multiple
which might one you seek, there is another one in beta, but it need to modify a bit
to fit your needs, but not sure if you are able to use that one though as its fit his game,
and so does mine, which is very specific to 1 actor.

but there are some you can combine, but some are paid, so you can best make
a mockup of the scene you look for, so it's easier to send you to the right plugins
or combinations of those and if not or a bit of modification is needed.

First, thanks for the response and being willing to help out! I have attached a couple of examples of what I'm trying to accomplish. The portion in the bottom left is the important bit. The rest of the screen is unimportant. (As in, that portion isn't what I'm trying to customize. I can customize that too, but the main effect I'm trying to accomplish is in the bottom left.) I hope that helps you help me!

Thanks again!

Attachments

• mock up 1.png
    mock up 1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • mock up 2.png
    mock up 2.png
    1 MB · Views: 11

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any changes to any of the menu screens would require a plugin.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see what you mean, but if this is 1 actor, but a different slot amount per equip
or if it's different, this would be a bit more complicated than I have and my friend.

this require a bit the code I have, but if you equip a shield, and than slot it with
charms, or 1 item he/she can wear with different slots to get stronger, than it
require a compleet different approach which I cannot help you with.

I dont say it's impossible, because it's possible, but I hope advance coders can you
direct you to a plugin and maybe modify it like that in the image you show, but
it might also take a couple of days to make it work smoothly.

So I hope someone is able to help you or direct you to a plugin to modify for you,
because most plugins can be used as base, so that takes less time :)

I wish you the best in the project and that somebody can help you out :)

MelodyofE

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I see what you mean, but if this is 1 actor, but a different slot amount per equip
or if it's different, this would be a bit more complicated than I have and my friend.

this require a bit the code I have, but if you equip a shield, and than slot it with
charms, or 1 item he/she can wear with different slots to get stronger, than it
require a compleet different approach which I cannot help you with.

I dont say it's impossible, because it's possible, but I hope advance coders can you
direct you to a plugin and maybe modify it like that in the image you show, but
it might also take a couple of days to make it work smoothly.

So I hope someone is able to help you or direct you to a plugin to modify for you,
because most plugins can be used as base, so that takes less time :)

I wish you the best in the project and that somebody can help you out :)

Sorry if I made it seem like the same actor's screen would change. Imagine those two pictures are for two different actors. They each would have three equipment slots. And they would be displayed in custom locations based on the item of power the pieces of equipment would go on. That's what those two pictures were meant to show.

So each actor's screen would remain constant through out the game, but one actor's screen would look like picture one, and another's would look like picture 2. With that in mind, do you still think what you have wouldn't help?

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what I have wont work, because I cannot switch actors, which require more coding.
and it's also not compitable with yanfly library.

I'm not an advance coder, so I need to learn much more. but it's possible, but it
require some time for a coder to make it, my base took 4 days, but when my was specific,
my friend tooks 8-12 days so it will ork for any actor in the party and is heavely modified
in order to work with yanfly library as well, the look of that window is also different.

MelodyofE

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
what I have wont work, because I cannot switch actors, which require more coding.
and it's also not compitable with yanfly library.

I'm not an advance coder, so I need to learn much more. but it's possible, but it
require some time for a coder to make it, my base took 4 days, but when my was specific,
my friend tooks 8-12 days so it will ork for any actor in the party and is heavely modified
in order to work with yanfly library as well, the look of that window is also different.
I see. Well, thanks for offering to try and help. I suppose I could just request someone to make it, but it feels not right to request that amount of work from someone for free, even if someone was willing to do it. I don't take it your friend's is available publicly? It sounds like it might work for me since it will work with yanfly. You said the window would look different, and that's fine. I said that I was not looking to change the rest, but I just meant all that was important was the effect in the bottom left. The rest of it can change too.

Thanks again for trying to help!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
my friend check this request out, but his plugin does what you want it to do.
the only downside probably is the menu setup that will change how it's made
for his game, so making the way you want it by than, is to use a plugin to
place the windows elsewhere or modify the plugin for their window position
where you want it to be.

I dont know when he place it, but within 2 weeks IF he has time + he make a
video to explain how it works, because he can add slots per actor to equip.
so that one is not bound so you can do 2 slots, other 5 etc.

if you want the mockup, you can try if he release it, to modify if you dont know
how to do that, because he dont do that, so they are free to modify the windows
positions.

else request one if you need it faster, but good luck on your project at least :)

EDIT:
@MelodyofE TSR released the plugin which can be used, so check his plugin :)
can be found here: TSR_Equipslots

so you might need to edit or use another plugin if you want the windows different :)

Last edited:

MelodyofE

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
my friend check this request out, but his plugin does what you want it to do.
the only downside probably is the menu setup that will change how it's made
for his game, so making the way you want it by than, is to use a plugin to
place the windows elsewhere or modify the plugin for their window position
where you want it to be.

I dont know when he place it, but within 2 weeks IF he has time + he make a
video to explain how it works, because he can add slots per actor to equip.
so that one is not bound so you can do 2 slots, other 5 etc.

if you want the mockup, you can try if he release it, to modify if you dont know
how to do that, because he dont do that, so they are free to modify the windows
positions.

else request one if you need it faster, but good luck on your project at least :)

EDIT:
@MelodyofE TSR released the plugin which can be used, so check his plugin :)
can be found here: TSR_Equipslots

so you might need to edit or use another plugin if you want the windows different :)
Ah I see! Sorry for being slow to respond. Got busy and forgot about things for a little. But I see that and it looks good! I will have to check it out and see what I can customize about it. But it looks very nice!

Thanks for pointing that out and trying to help me out!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you wont find anything like this anywhere for now, and he is probably one of the lowest
member that made it fully compatible with YEP Library without any issues as he uses
alot of his plugin.

I hope you can made it work in the way you want it, you can use SRD_SuperTools plugins
for re-arranging the windows differently, but I cannot tell if that will break the plugin.

good luck on your project and that it can be of good use :)

MelodyofE

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
you wont find anything like this anywhere for now, and he is probably one of the lowest
member that made it fully compatible with YEP Library without any issues as he uses
alot of his plugin.

I hope you can made it work in the way you want it, you can use SRD_SuperTools plugins
for re-arranging the windows differently, but I cannot tell if that will break the plugin.

good luck on your project and that it can be of good use :)
I've been fiddling with that plug-in the last few days and it is almost EXACTLY what I wanted! So of course I will be making use of it. It's a really amazing plug-in. So thanks again once more for pointing me to it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

currently working on some template sprites and tweaking the walk cycle :)
Lunee.jpg
Early try to draw our Demon Countess, who destroyed her own soul leaving just an empty shell of a body - until our heroine unwillingly takes possession of it, every time she falls asleep.
(I know it’s a premade face from the Dark Fantasy Set, but I spent so much time with her, that I can’t bring myself to change the sprite anymore xD)
I finished setting up my new desk and apparently she thinks this is where she goes now.

20210411_082331.jpg
not me baking a pie because i was inspired by celeste

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
natefu