DBee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this (I am very sorry if it's not). At first I was going to post this in 'Plugin support' but it's about requesting a javascript snippet for a custom eval to put in a skill's note area.

I've been making a 'frenzy' skill that has specific selections, and I am using Target Core (YEP). The default settings don't cover my specific needs, and I was hoping someone would be kind enough to write the 'lunatic' snippet for it.

What I am looking for is for this skill to target everyone alive (both foes and allies) except for the user. By default, Targetcore lets you select 'everyone' which includes the user or 'all allies except user'- I need 'everyone but user', basically. I just fixed this part with YEP_X_SelectionControl, but I'd still like the following:

I would also like for this skill to target a random amount of targets (like, 1 to 5 targets), and hit each target for a random amount of times (like 1 to 3 times).

This skill is meant to emulate the skill user becoming berserk in battle and lashing out at everyone.

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help me with this, I greatly appreciate it!

Edit- I forgot to link to the Target Core document, fixed. But here's the link again: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Target_Core_(YEP)
Edit 2- I fixed part of my issue myself. There's the irony of asking for help and immediately finding your own solution...

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you'd be best off just installing Yanfly's Action Sequences and learning the commands. It's fairly straightforward to program your skill to do this in an action sequence.

DBee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think you'd be best off just installing Yanfly's Action Sequences and learning the commands. It's fairly straightforward to program your skill to do this in an action sequence.
I was under the impression that Action Sequences were for for cinematic side view battle segments and didn't know they effected targeting or repeat hits!

Thank you, I'll look into it!

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was under the impression that Action Sequences were for for cinematic side view battle segments and didn't know they effected targeting or repeat hits!
They can't affect the targeting phase, but in your case that doesn't matter since you want it attacking random targets, anyway. So you'd just leave the targeting to the entire enemy party then use code in the action sequence to randomly determine individual enemies and do random numbers of hits.
You don't have to actually move your battlers around if it's not in the style of your game.

There's a big thread for action sequences that has a lot of demo stuff, including things with targeting random enemies, but you can always ask for help if you can't figure it out.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Monday morning, and the sudden message: Hey, can you set up a full second lesson about pixel art till tomorrow?
No one:
Steam game achievement: "Die 100 times in easy mode".
I want to learn Javascript to create a custom menu, but I don't really know where to start.
One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nopae