Lapzil_Spider

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, I'm starting to get into the swing of things with Combat in RPG Maker MZ, and my problem is that the EXP tables you can make with the Base Values and such Suck. I could do so much better if I could add my own numbers in for leveling up.

Is there a way I could do this, or is a Plugin required (and if so, is there one?)

Arctica

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A plugin is required but I don't know to what extent. I looked at the exp formula one day just in case I wanted to do this myself and made some notes on what things correspond to what in the editor:
JavaScript:
// NOTE 1: ExpForLevel Function - This for the EXP Curve section of the Classes in the database
/* basis = base Value
* extra = Extra Value
* acc_a = Acceleration A
* acc_b = Acceleration B
* Defaults seem to be 30, 20, 30, 30.
*/
Game_Actor.prototype.expForLevel = function(level) {
    const c = this.currentClass();
    const basis = c.expParams[0];
    const extra = c.expParams[1];
    const acc_a = c.expParams[2];
    const acc_b = c.expParams[3];
    return Math.round(
        (basis * Math.pow(level - 1, 0.9 + acc_a / 250) * level * (level + 1)) /
            (6 + Math.pow(level, 2) / 50 / acc_b) +
            (level - 1) * extra
    );
};

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I found this with a Google search:

Seems like it'll do the job, though take care to check the one comment left on the page, since it notes something important.

If it doesn't work, or proves too complicated, a comment left on the page for Hime's Exp Tables said it works in MZ, but I can't verify that for sure since I haven't tried. Feel free to give it the old college try though.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

Lapzil_Spider

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Seems like it'll do the job, though take care to check the one comment left on the page, since it notes something important.

If it doesn't work, or proves too complicated, a comment left on the page for Hime's Exp Tables said it works in MZ, but I can't verify that for sure since I haven't tried. Feel free to give it the old college try though.

Alright, I'll try using it. Sorry for the late reply, thanks.

Lapzil_Spider

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I'm having a problem with Himework's EXP Table. I have the EXP table laid down; I tried both Actor and Class; I don't know if I'm putting the File in the wrong area or because it only works with MV.

Edit: Nevermind. I just got hit by a knowledge train, all I had to do was put it in the Data Folder, and everything worked. Thanks for the link.

Last edited:

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having a problem with Himework's EXP Table. I have the EXP table laid down; I tried both Actor and Class; I don't know if I'm putting the File in the wrong area or because it only works with MV.

Edit: Nevermind. I just got hit by a knowledge train, all I had to do was put it in the Data Folder, and everything worked. Thanks for the link.
So it does indeed work in MZ? Good to know.

And you're welcome.

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People3_1 added!
index.php

Micro rant. The worst part of working from home when you live with your family is seeing how inconsiderate they are. "Hey, you're sitting in front of your computer, that means you're not doing anything! I want to put the TV at 200 decibels!"

If I was working in the office would you still talking me like that?
It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.
Some screenshots of the pub and lodging with the beginnings of clutter taking shape
TTp8uCw.png

jtC202e.png

bSXgyVl.png

eRx9PUF.png
Backgrounds are not my strong suit... :kaodes:
DazI8jt.jpg

Just realized I forgot doing the clouds... woops

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
numagnz