awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm trying to work out why my custom music and sound effects are in a viewable folder on installation of my game. It's an issue because I made 90% of the music and sounds taking many hours to fine tune, not to mention spoilers as some tracks are scene specific. I would have rather they be encrypted or hard to copy.

I tried putting my music and sound effects in the default rpg maker folder where the sounds are naturally stored before compressing, with no such luck,

When a kind forum member downloaded my game they couldn't get past the title screen, it would error on boot up.The game, it wouldn't boot as the music was missing from the compressed file.

I would be very thankful for any help.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
You should put them inside the correct folder in your game, not in the default folder..

And if you're using the default encryption, then yes, the audio files wont be encrypted because that's just how VX Aces encryption works. If you want to encrypt them, you will need to use a different encryption mechanism/program than the default of VX Ace.

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you your reply, I understand many games end up leaving sound files in folders. I used to enjoy the ps1 games that audio to play on CD :) I'll live with the fact my audio is there, as long as Justin Bieber doesn't take a track for his next album there's no worries. I am just grateful that I had the chance to build a game and hopefully people might like the music.

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Facing another problem right now, re-naming game music and sounds is a hazard, as the names remain and don't update, this means needing to go through every event or crash when the music is missing.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[DPOST]awkaiyoki[/DPOST]
If you want to add something and no one has posted after you, just use the Edit button on your post and type in the additional comment/info.

That's right about the file names, and there's no way round it. Therefore, unless there is an overwhelmingly good reason, don't do it. This is, however, quite different from your opening query, and we do ask that people have one query per thread. It prevents confusion and makes it easier for other people who might have the same issue as you to find the thread and (hopefully) the solution.

If your original query has been resolved, please Report your post and ask for the thread to be closed.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Not just sound files but basically any file in your game shouldnt be renamed unless you have a great need to do so since the engine relies on file names to obtain the correct files.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smeinela