Eucalyptus Salad. Every day.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I'd like to implement a GUI for battles that's less dependent on menus/lists. I've looked at a couple of the GUI plugins out there, but I'm not seeing that they can do what I'm looking for. My game is supposed to have an MMO feel to it, and I want my battle GUI to reflect that. I've attached a mockup of the general layout.

So the GUI elements would include clickable buttons that also have number assignments for directly using skills, without having to select a button that says Skills first. These buttons should update based on which character's turn it is.

Also clickable buttons with items such as potions with a quantity indicator that the player can define somewhere.

The defend and run and a separate item list for just in case, would also have their own clickable buttons/shortcuts.

I'm not asking someone to make this from scratch, as I'm sure it would be a huge amount of work! But rather, what's the best thing to use among things that are already available to make the buttons I want?

Attachments

• BattleGUIMockup.jpg
    BattleGUIMockup.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 24

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

AABS laser beams features:
1,Shoot penetrating laser beams for player's normal attack
2,Beam's width/damage/comsumes/loot can be controlled by events/variables with great flexibility
3,Beam can rebound to walls or certain regionID
4,Can play SE when shooting beams
5,Beam's images can be solid images or animated ones.
Surprising nobody, it turns out "next Friday" for the next Jump into Javascript has become "possibly Sunday if you're lucky" XD
Folks, if anyone sends you a message inviting you to add their API to your game, please report them. We don't want people spamming our members asking them to add stuff to their games for their own (or others') benefit. We've updated the forum rules to confirm this.
I'm listening to iiluminaughtii talking about the secrets behind shady businesses and scams. Meanwhile I'm writing a fanfic about Sephiroth from FF7, one specifically for my stepmom. I'll get to give it to her, too, because my boss said I could take the holidays off! Dec. 22-27 I will be in Orlando, and maybe Fort Myers too, visiting my dad and stepmom!
Of course, I bought a handful of games on the Steam Black Friday sale. Will I try them? Will I complete any? Who knows...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WakeNBake