Accendor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hope I am in the correct part of the forum.

So, I have a lot of icons I would like to use for my items. I know that there is one way to get them into the engine: Manually edit everything together in an external graphic tool and replace the IconSet.png in the img>system folder.
However, in my case that will be A LOT of work. Like at least 20 hours.
I would really like to... not do it that way. Is there another way? Maybe a plugin that already exists and that replaces the default icon with a specified other image based on the item ID or something like that?
Or is my only possibility to do it completely manually?

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Manually is the only real way. If you want a custom iconset, you gotta put in the work.

Accendor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
I want to make sure that anybody who has a similar problem does not only find the question but also the solution:

So, I was very annoyed that this was not possible and looked for somebody to write a plugin to do it.
ct_bolt did an awesome job and you can find the plugin on his homepage: https://itch.io/profile/ct-bolt
Check it out, its very well worth its money.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well, someone "reviewed" my game. Didn't credit me anywhere in the video and spent 2 minutes insulting it. Going to ignore that and move on.
To cut down on map lag, I've been researching how to implement a lighting layer as a single map overlay instead of a bunch of individual lights. Hopefully I'll have a screenshot soon!
Imagine having a game broken up into a whole bunch of chapters? Like Chapter 11 should be about the party members going bankrupt.
Over 1/4th of the calendars are already out :eek: Have you already put something to a good use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowking1901