nataliswolf

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am working on what I hope to eventually be a commercial project in rpg maker 2003. I have discovered I don't care for the way the installer created by the engines look or flow (Unicode characters, blue screen, etc) and I am curious at all if it would break the license agreement for me to create my own installer for the game using another programming language?

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, this is fine. Generally people use something like the Clickteam installer builder.

What you do is build your game into RM's installer, extract it, and then take the extracted files and use those for the custom installer.

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like Inno Setup since it's easy to use and no nag screen like the Clickteam Install Maker. And it's freeware. :p

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have a really hard time keeping all these goodies secret til December... but I swear, it is worth the wait!
Working on a Premium version of my minimap plugin that will have advanced functionalities such as drawing a Terrain map based completely on the users tilesets, whatever they may be, and drawing minimap radar icons automatically based on texture of the event the note is applied to.
Psttt come look, this is the secret technique to tenderizing steaks, it makes it extra beefy. :rwink:

pixeldailyaxemeatsheild.gif
#screenshotsaturday update, featuring vaporwave angels lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FaceMelter