Custom Item Menu Help

noxfungi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there, I hope this is the right place to post this.
I'm fairly new to java scripting and rpg maker in general but I'm slowly getting a grasp of things and I wanted to make my own custom menus and such.

I've made a mockup inventory menu for my school-based rpg, so first here's that:
inventory.png

The issue is, I'm not too sure which script to use in order to display item graphics within that grid, as well as an item description window on the white cards in the upper left. The orange card at the bottom I'd like to display the amount of gold on. The post it note on the notebook i want to have item categories (clues, items, and gifts)

basically I've got the image and basic common eventing knowledge, but I'm not sure if there's a script call or some way I can get the gold, the items, and the item descriptions to show up where i'd like.

I apologize if this is confusing or if it's posted in the wrong area!
Thank you so much to anyone who can help even just point me in the right direction.

ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tried looking for the same advice to no avail so I'm learning javascript fundamentals to get there on my own. Haha.

Edit: Let's hope someone helpful shows up for the both of us (in the meantime, I'm studying nested structures).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......
i love my game very much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
littol