noxfungi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there, I hope this is the right place to post this.
I'm fairly new to java scripting and rpg maker in general but I'm slowly getting a grasp of things and I wanted to make my own custom menus and such.

I've made a mockup inventory menu for my school-based rpg, so first here's that:
inventory.png

The issue is, I'm not too sure which script to use in order to display item graphics within that grid, as well as an item description window on the white cards in the upper left. The orange card at the bottom I'd like to display the amount of gold on. The post it note on the notebook i want to have item categories (clues, items, and gifts)

basically I've got the image and basic common eventing knowledge, but I'm not sure if there's a script call or some way I can get the gold, the items, and the item descriptions to show up where i'd like.

I apologize if this is confusing or if it's posted in the wrong area!
Thank you so much to anyone who can help even just point me in the right direction.

ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tried looking for the same advice to no avail so I'm learning javascript fundamentals to get there on my own. Haha.

Edit: Let's hope someone helpful shows up for the both of us (in the meantime, I'm studying nested structures).

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I sweep the floor. My brother, "You didn't do a good job. There are dust bunnies everywhere." He sweeps the floor weeks later. "I just swept. Why are there dust bunnies everywhere?" Me," Guess you didn't do a good enough job."
Today, I tortured my internet by downloading 20 files at once and then I played a guessing game as to which would finish their download first :kaojoy:
Oh god, just watched HawkZombie's stream of my game and realised that *none* of the branching scenes work properly. One has no character graphic, one soft locks due to a passability issue, and one doesn't have its autorun set to the right trigger. I've got first prize in the bag, baby.
Frustrated, as always. I took a break from working on games and when I turned back to working on them again, bam! Slapped in the face with more errors. Such is the pain of working on any project, I suppose.
Checking out the Judge's Round Table. Really cool getting their perspective in a Q/A environment like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shidoux