Yo Ewan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi,

I've been playing quite a few RPG's recently and I really love being able to choose what stats to level up and how to build your character.

There's just one problem. You can't recreate that in RPG Maker(Beyond you class).

Is there a script that lets you level up your own stats?

Bonus question: And also, can I make it an event? For example, you speak to the NPC to level up, as long as you have enough XP.

Thanks,

Yo Ewan.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, there are scripts to do that - just search them on the master script list.

However, unless you completely disable default leveling and get extremely tricky with a lot of variables, you can't do that by eventing.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I pulled it off with eventing via a side project, but it was FAR from easy. Took 3 variables per actor.

Step 1: Set the curve for all parameters to be the same for levels 1 - 99. This will disable the leveling.

Step 2: Set up trainers in the world. The trainers will be where you improve your parameters.

Step 3: Figure out how many points you can distribute. I did this by computing points per level * (level - 1). I did this every time I spoke to a trainer.

Step 4: Figure out how many points you have distributed so far. This starts at 0, and is increased every time you train in a stat.

Step 5: Figure out how many points you have left to distribute. This is the answer fro #3 - the answer from #4. If this is 0, you can't train any more. I also compute this every time I talk to a trainer.

Took 3 variables per actor, and I had 4 actors, so 3 * 4 = 12 variables had to be dedicated to this. Tricky, but it can work.

Last edited by a moderator:

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you want the entire thing to be evented, or do you just want help to call the scene?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"I didn't know X song was about that!" Uh... why? Do you not listen to the lyrics? I mean, I guess that makes sense. We live in a world where nobody listens, but everyone wants to be heard.
Coding class: Python
Game dev work: Javascript
Result: AHHH!!! Writing program for an assignment and having it crash and burn because I used Javascript syntax or format. Or having my game die on me because of a python call :yswt:
Can we make it so whenever a banned user tries to use their account whilst banned, the forum should redirect to this
Anyone doing anything for NaNoWriMo this year?
Listening to, "Draum" by Eldrim. If you haven't heard it before, do so. Absolutely lovely, and utterly haunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynastrus