Custom Make Overworld

Nitrogue

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, I'm in the midst of working on an RPG game similar to Pokemon/Zelda/Earthbound, whereby the player is able to move from one town to a route and then to a forest seamlessly without having to step on a tile to get transported to a specific map.

In other words, there is no switching involved as the player just moves and the game camera follows the player (I hope you guys get what I'm saying). But ofcourse there are exceptions such as when player goes into houses or buildings or caves.

My question is, do I need to create a custom made Overworld map (Parallax map) taking into account the locations and events? If yes, any tips and suggestions? Any recommendations for the size of the map or dimensions?

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I get that right, you don't need a "world map" at all (not in game anyway).
But if your map is too big you may have some lag problems, to prevent that, you could eventually split your map into smaller maps, and use the "fade none" transition between maps.

Nitrogue

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks Twings! I'll give it a try and will let you know how it went :) For such maps, what's the recommended dimension?

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Snarkyfork wrote on Trihan's profile.
Hey man, I saw you mention that you do MV javascript work? Just wanted to confirm it before I put you on speed dial. =)
"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is."-Krishna
FastFood in my country is neither fast nor cheap like it's expected to be, but people still buy a lot of it. I don't want to imagine how much of it people would eat if it was.
Started finishing up my bosses and characters...I don't know how long...but its going to take long...

I ended up needing to do a chapter one world map remake. It's still WIP but coming along nicely. =D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CGI_ERICYT